NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:57 pm
bada wrote:
Rehren1296 wrote:Is anyone picking against the spread?

No, we are just picking straight winners.

And not too well, I might add... :wink:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:20 pm
why hasnt anyone picked the colts/jags game... its in an hour!

I have the Colts.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:27 pm
crap, you are right Mr Crackerz!

Colts at Jags - Colts win
Last edited by bada on Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:30 pm
bada wrote:crap, you are right Mr Crackerz!

Jags at Colts - Colts win

damn, u did that fast... so much for getting a game up on u bada...i was for a split second gonna be mean and wait til the last minute to post my pick, but that's lame.... hope more people catch this
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:45 pm
i am late.....so i will not pick thursday game...here my SUPERBOWL Fantasy league....for this week.

Cowboys
Browns
Saints
Chiefs
Patriot
Titan
Bucs
Broncos
Raidersssss
Jets
Falcons
Eagle
Giants

Bears
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:51 pm
Awww, man... didn't know there was one. I was thinking about it, but I doubted it since there were games being played Saturday as well.

Oh well, Bada's going end as the first place finisher, anyway. So it doesn't really matter. I'll take beating Mr. Crackerz, though. :mrgreen:
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:05 pm
Ravens @ Cowboys - The 'Boys have caught fire lately, but I think the Ravens D will get them there especially since Marion Barber is out.

Bengals @ Browns - As long as Ken Dorsey is the QB, they're not winning another game this season.

Saints @ Lions - Here's to hoping that Brees has a huge game for my fantasy team with Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore having mediocre ones.

Cardinals @ Patriots - If the Cards can't run the ball, they won't beat teams like the Patriots.

Steelers @ Titans - Titans are slumping lately, their offense has stopped producing and the defense can't save them every game.

49ers @ Rams - Gotta still believe in this team to beat the teams they should.

Dolphins @ Chiefs - Chiefs lost a heart breaker last week, and the Fins are fighting for a playoff spot... something's gotta give.

Chargers @ Bucs - Bucs are at home, where they haven't given up a rushing TD since somewhere around the beginning of the season. Must win for Tampa.

Bills @ Broncos - Denver at home. They're the better team.

Jets @ Seahawks - You know... I'd would like to think it's the Jets taking this one, but something tells me the 'Hawks pull it out. Holmgren's last home game as the HC, Farve was Holmgren's QB in Green Bay a littler more than a decade ago, Seahawks may play tough. The Jets are 0-3 on the West Coast(49ers, Raiders, Chargers). And what do I have to lose, anyway?

Texans @ Raiders - Schaub has been fantastic in his two games returning from injury, Slaton has done his job as the RB, and the defense has surprising played well lately.

Falcons @ Vikings - One of the Williams' boys are missing, and even though Tavaris torched the Cardinals last week for 4 TD's, I don't think he gets it done against this Falcons team. Must win for Atlanta.

Eagles @ Redskins - The 'Skins have been on a downward spiral and Zorn feels like he's the worst person on the planet. Maybe a little inspiration will help this team, especially since they're home? I think yes, but not enough.

Panthers @ Giants - Giants have been slumping lately, but I think the return of Brandon Jacobs changes everything.

Packers @ Bears - Not sure what has happened lately to the Pack, and I doubt they'll put up the same stats they did when they played the Bears in Green Bay.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:44 am
Um... Colts at Jags.- Just a hunch. :mrgreen:

Ravens @ Cowboys.- I'm also calling a Ravens win here. Just not confident at all on this Cowboys. Actually, I'm never confident about anything regarding Cowboys. :mrgreen:

Bengals @ Browns.- Braylon Edwars says he saved the Browns franchise. I say he gets traded this offseason. In any case, I won't pick a team with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their QB on the road.

Saints @ Lions - P-I-E-R-R-E T-H-O-M-A-S against the Lions D. This should be a fun game for Stains fans.

Cardinals @ Patriots - The Cards have a great passing game, but football is much more than just that. They've just looked bad against good teams this year.

Steelers @ Titans - The Steelers are the best team everybody talks about in the NFL... wait... does that make any sense?

49ers @ Rams - Who knows?. Who cares?

Dolphins @ Chiefs - I'm tempted to pick the Chiefs just because they're playing at home, but I'll go with the team on the verge of making the playoffs.

Chargers @ Bucs - Time to prove if we're a playoff team or not. If we beat San Diego at the Ray Jay, we're in. If not, we deserve our fate.

Bills @ Broncos - The Bills D is overrated. The Broncos D is just bad. I'll go with the better offense.

Jets @ Seahawks - The J-E-T-S are a weird team, able to defeat anybody and lose to almost anybody. But they need this win badly. Seattle doesn't.

Texans @ Raiders - Slaton is having a hell of a season lately. Houston has a bright future... although it seems like I say so season after season and they always find a way to disappoint.

Falcons @ Vikings- For some reason, I can't see Atlanta winning this one. I expect a BIG game by AP and Minny to control the clock via the running game in a close contest.

Eagles @ Redskins - I won't pick the Skins after the stinker at Cincy.

Panthers @ Giants - The Gianst look perfectly beatable right now. I guess they will want to get to the playoffs with a win against a top rival.

Packers @ Bears - Forte will win the game on the ground for Chicago.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 pm
Ravens @ Cowboys.- Cowboys O vs Ravens D-wash Raven O vs Cowboys D= advantage Cowboys.

Bengals @ Browns.- Both teams blow. So I will just go with the home team.

Saints @ Lions - No team has gone 0-16, I am picking the Lions as the Saints are down from being eliminated and will not be mentally ready to play this game.

Cardinals @ Patriots - The Cards benefit from a very bad division. They are not ready to win on the east coast against a team that has EVERYTHING to play for.

Steelers @ Titans - No Haynesworth and Vandenbosh on the d line for Titans going to make it difficult to limit the Steelers to a low total which is what they will need with their offense going against the curtain

49ers @ Rams - If Seattle with 805 of their o-line and seneca wallace as their qb can win IN STL, then Niners should have no problems even potentially without Gore

Dolphins @ Chiefs - Tough call but will go with the team with something to play for.

Chargers @ Bucs - Gut check time for the Bucs.

Bills @ Broncos - Never easy to win in denver late in the season.

Jets @ Seahawks - A pick of the heart as opposed to the brain. Holmgren's last home game as coach of the Seahawks. The team awarded the annual Steve Largent award to Holmgren this week (only has ever gone to a player and is the most presitgious award the team has). Will be an emotional game.

Texans @ Raiders - Houston on a roll and the Raiders are still the Raiders.

Falcons @ Vikings- Great game. Really tough to call but I will go with the Vikes. Turner could have a big game though with big Pat Williams out of the lineup

Eagles @ Redskins - From a potential hero as a rookie coach to possibly be looking for a job, Zorn needs this win. I dont think they get it.

Panthers @ Giants - Battle for the #1 seed in the NFC. Last two losses gives them the adversity they need to rally around.

Packers @ Bears - Dont know what to make of this game. I lean slightly to the Bears.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:55 pm
Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: They made a movie/show on it? Edition!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens @ Cowboys - Who'd a thunk a movie about TMC and Bigs in the west as cowboys would of been such a hit. Jake Gyllanhal played u well TMC!

Bengals @ Browns - Tyler Perry!

Saints @ Lions - I dunno if the Lions are part of the mafia, but the two brothers will kill them, Boondock style!

Cardinals @ Patriots - Mel Gibson is odd. Makes sense he would impersonate the NFL's most oddest coach in billicheck.

Steelers @ Titans -Oh we remember. Denzel taught us all about us. Oh and future Babe Hayden Penetierre is in it (she's only a kid at time, so don't get any ideas).

49ers @ Rams - I got nothing for this snoozer.

Dolphins @ Chiefs - "Chief" ultimately escaped from the Insane Nurse Ratched (with the help of McMurphy)... this should be another challenge worth noting.

Chargers @ Bucs - The flamboyant leader in Capt. Jack Sparrow (Garcia) will defeat the evil that surrounds them.

Bills @ Broncos - There's the legand of buffalo bill, but also the legand of sleepy hollow. I'll stick with Johnny Depp again!

Jets @ Seahawks - Tom Cruise is nuts. But hey, he's the top gun!

Texans @ Raiders - The sequels of POTC weren't as good as the original; hence the success of pirates only happen sometimes.

Falcons @ Vikings - Tony Curtis and Kirk Douglass love their water films... 20,000 leagues and this one... maybe this time, there wont be a funeral.

Eagles @ Redskins - Well i sure dunno if they were stashed in a cupboard in Washington, or if it was magical, but maybe it will bring these indians back to life.

Panthers @ Giants - Little Giants was ahead of its time... Girls playing football? Yep, every QB is a girl now in the NFL, for not wanting to take hits anymore. Except Thigpin and J-Money... couple of beasts right there.

Packers @ Bears - Bear necessities are important for survival in the jungle. Also, to avoid any worries one may have. Right Mogley?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:57 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: They made a movie/show on it? Edition!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ravens @ Cowboys - Who'd a thunk a movie about TMC and Bigs in the west as cowboys would of been such a hit. Jake Gyllanhal played u well TMC!

So you go with Brokeback Mountain for the Cowboys instead of perhaps the greatest movie about football in the classic "North Dallas Forty"?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:20 pm
bada wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: They made a movie/show on it? Edition!

So you go with Brokeback Mountain for the Cowboys instead of perhaps the greatest movie about football in the classic "North Dallas Forty"?

Yeah, i might of if i ever heard of it... i don't like sports movies too much (besides hoosiers), cuz there often cheezy and whatnot. but North Dallas Forty i will look into. going to IMDB to check it out right now.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:11 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
bada wrote:

Yeah, i might of if i ever heard of it... i don't like sports movies too much (besides hoosiers), cuz there often cheezy and whatnot. but North Dallas Forty i will look into. going to IMDB to check it out right now.

Forgot how young you are my friend. ND40 is a CLASSIC!!! Got check it out bro.
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:57 pm
Sat, Dec. 20th
Ravens @ Cowboys

Sun, Dec. 21st
Bengals @ Browns
Saints @ Lions
Dolphins @ Chiefs
Falcons @ Vikings
Cardinals @ Patriots
Panthers @ Giants
Niners @ Rams
Steelers @ Titans
Eagles @ Redskins
Bills @ Broncos
Texans @ Raiders
Jets @ Seahawks
Chargers @ Bucs

Mon, Dec. 22nd
Packers @ Bears
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:08 pm
RAVENS BOY.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board