reggie bush

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:31 pm
where in the draft do you think bush goes and what chip do the niners use with their high pick? texans, green bay, jets all in the mix. if bush isnt there, who else is out there?
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:50 pm
the reason why not many people think that this draft is deep because there hasn't been such a big time names like Reggie Bush and Matt Leihert in a while. Other big names include DeAngelo Williams from Memphis. He's a very good player who i honestly think is just as good as bush.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:53 am
It depends on who's picking first. Right now would be the Texans, and the team needs so much help at so many positions that they'd be better off trading down and grabbing D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

If it's the Niners, Jets or Packers, I think Bush is a lock.

And also the possiblity of somebody trading up to grab Leinart can't be discounted...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:31 pm
The Texans should take Bush as #1 overall no doubt for marketing purposes and hype alone. They can market him as the Michael Vick of running backs.

Assuming the Niners get the #2 overall pick, how bout trade that pick to the Lions for Carlos Rogers and the Lions first round pick, which might fall to #5 or #6 overall. Yeah Rogers is a bust so far but you never know. The Lions are in serious need for a guy like Leinert to get the ball to Roy Williams and his ex-teammate Mike Williams.

No need for the Niners to have Leinert and Alex Smith unless you get rid of Smith, but I don't think that will happen because that would be admitting that they F#$#$@ up last year.
I remember the good old days of Teagle, Garland, Askew, Mokeski, and even Mr. Jennings.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:22 pm
If Vince Young leaves early and the Texans have the first pick I would bet that he is the first player grabbed. He is a Houston product and has said that his dream would be to play pro ball in Houston. Dominick Davis, although a fantasy bust, is the one bright spot for the Texans so I doubt they will be taking a RB any time soon. After that Bush will be taken unless a team trades up for Leinart.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:20 pm
Lemme start by saying to TMC, why would you want to trade a draft pic for a guy thats had this much hype. If any team needs a play maker its the Texans. Now for what Califongia, u kinda have that good idea, as Detroit is one of those teams that truely needs a quarterback. But Charles Rogers is a costly young druggy and plus the Niners would have to spend money on a guy they dont want plus the pick. besides Bush, the only real for sure back is DeAngelo Williams and he'll be the third or fourth pick max.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:22 am
I said that the Texans should trade down and grab more picks because that team is a mess. They need help almost everywhere and Domanick Davis is a good rb, so they have that position covered.

And it's true that Bush may be something special, but football is not a game that one star can dominate by himself. I think they'd be better off keeping Davis as their rb and drafting more based on their needs.

But that's just my opinion...

About the Charles Rogers trade, I'm not a niners fan, but if I were, I wouldn't like it. You'd be trading down 3 or 4 spots and getting an underachiever and injury prone wr... I'm sure it they want to trade down, there will be better options.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:09 pm
a team with 1 guy making his team super better? theres 2 that jump out. Vick and the Falcons, and Tomlinson and the Chargers. Bush and the ____. Maybe in a few years???????

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:11 pm
Houston should keep both Davis and Bush, use them in a rotation. I don't envision Bush to be a 25 carry a game runner anyway, so use him as a Brian Westbrook type of guy.

Yeah Charles Rogers was just an idea. The main point was if the Niners have the second pick and have no intention of drafting Leinert, and Detroit or Cleveland really want him, why not get more in return. Like make Detroit pay for most of Rogers remaining contract, and get Detroit's #1 pick as well which should be pretty high.

As for Rogers being a drug addict, hey people change...look at Michael Irvin!
I remember the good old days of Teagle, Garland, Askew, Mokeski, and even Mr. Jennings.

Return to Sports Board