San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:40 pm
SHARKS WITH ANOTHER VICTORY...

Im telling you... Setoguchi is the man. This team just keeps getting better and better. Boyle, Thornton, Marleau, Setoguchi and everyone else are playing so great with one another
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:34 pm
Looks like JC is close to returning.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:38 pm
Sean Avery time? His tenure in Dallas is over. I wouldn't trade for him, cuz that means we'd pay that entire salary. But if he is sent to the minors, or flat out release (the front end much more likely than the latter), then the sharks should go after this guy. Why?

A. He's a pretty good player and would come cheap.
B. He would do anything stupid for a while
C. He prolly would prefer a contender

But i wouldn't want the sharks to trade for him. I wouldn't want them to be stuck with that contract and the years. If he goes to the waiver wires, its a 50% price cut, or if flat out release, then we can negotiate whatever AND give nothing up.

thoughts? (P.S. I am a huge Avery fan, i personally believe this guy can save hockey, cuz of his crazy asss antics)
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:38 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Sean Avery time? His tenure in Dallas is over. I wouldn't trade for him, cuz that means we'd pay that entire salary. But if he is sent to the minors, or flat out release (the front end much more likely than the latter), then the sharks should go after this guy. Why?

But i wouldn't want the sharks to trade for him. I wouldn't want them to be stuck with that contract and the years. If he goes to the waiver wires, its a 50% price cut, or if flat out release, then we can negotiate whatever AND give nothing up.

thoughts? (P.S. I am a huge Avery fan, i personally believe this guy can save hockey, cuz of his crazy asss antics)

No, his own locker room hates him. The Sharks have incredible chemistry. His positives don't outweigh the negatives. If it was all about hockey for him then i'd do it, but he's got other agendas.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:52 am
RobDIKUM wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Sean Avery time? His tenure in Dallas is over. I wouldn't trade for him, cuz that means we'd pay that entire salary. But if he is sent to the minors, or flat out release (the front end much more likely than the latter), then the sharks should go after this guy. Why?

No, his own locker room hates him. The Sharks have incredible chemistry. His positives don't outweigh the negatives. If it was all about hockey for him then i'd do it, but he's got other agendas.

does his own lockerroom hate him? i had no clue... i just thought that was overhype by the media. But my all means, i wouldnt want him at his full price now, but who knows, he can play nice, like TO did when he moved teams, and getting him cheap, he could be worth it... but i agree with the whole chemestry thing, if he is a detriment, then my all means make him stay away.

but someone will get him, and i wouldnt want him going to a West contender
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

does his own lockerroom hate him? i had no clue... i just thought that was overhype by the media. But my all means, i wouldnt want him at his full price now, but who knows, he can play nice, like TO did when he moved teams, and getting him cheap, he could be worth it... but i agree with the whole chemestry thing, if he is a detriment, then my all means make him stay away.

but someone will get him, and i wouldnt want him going to a West contender

well from what i hear he's going down to the minors and a number of teams don't even want him there. I heard Drew Remenda with ralph and tom and he is pretty disgusted by Avery. Basically, he thinks Avery doesn't play hockey how he can, he basically bought into his own hype about him being an agitator. So he tries to be annoying as possible
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:42 am
I'd have to say no on Avery as well. Purely for chemistry reasons though. On the ice, it would be nice to have another banger.

I gotta say the Sharks are incredible right now. I normally start following the team closely as the playoffs approach, since lets face it, that all that matters.

This year though, I've been watching every game, partly due to my inabilty to watch the Warriors because of my new cable carrier but also because they have been flay out enjoyable to watch.

Saturdays game was tremendous. I seem to enjoy the games that they don't dominate start to finish. It really shows their grit. This year might be special. Normally they don't get into this kind of groove until the end of the regular season and then disappoint in the playoffs. I'm hoping this year is kind of like Detroit's a few years ago where they just steamrolled over everyone all year including right through the playoffs.

The Bay needs some kind of championship.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 pm
Yeah sharks are truly having a magical season so far... hopefully it continues on to the stanley cup finals hahaha. It been tough watching the sharks also... because they can never just win it all. They are like the TMAC, get to playoffs consistently but can never just take it all. You always have high standards for the sharks and only accept winning as on option
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:40 pm
another great win for the sharks... to win in overtime and pull away with another win for the best team in NHL
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:34 am
aw man that'd be so cool if they won it all. I've never been into hockey, but that'd be soooo awesome if the bay area actually won a major championship of a pro sport this decade (sorry AFL saint jose Sabercats, you guys rock, but y'all are in the D-League of football.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:08 am
Don't forget the Monarchs a few years ago. lol :mrgreen:
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:41 pm
truthfully this is the only team we can watch in the bay area... and accept nothing except a win. the sharks are just dominating right now in the nhl. HUGE GAME ON THURSDAY. bring on the redwings... while the top two teams in the western conference go at it. We beat em earlier in the season... and we are gonna keep that nhl record of 52 points so far going.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:53 pm
Viz wrote:truthfully this is the only team we can watch in the bay area... and accept nothing except a win. the sharks are just dominating right now in the nhl. HUGE GAME ON THURSDAY. bring on the redwings... while the top two teams in the western conference go at it. We beat em earlier in the season... and we are gonna keep that nhl record of 52 points so far going.

yeah, i will be tuning in. I havent seen nearly enough sharks games as i'd like (warriors too), but i start tuning into both sports in high gear come January. And I'm watching the Red wings/sharkies for sure.. so is it at the pavilion (is it still called that) or in big D?
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:02 am
Viz, I feel you.

The Sharks have been my saving grace in regards to sports the last few months. :D
I've been quiet on the Warriors thus far this year since I haven't seen a lot of their games and the ones I have were straight depressing. :(

Sharks play tonight at 4:00 PM Pacific against Columbus. Game is listed as viewable on NHL Center Ice. However last game against the Kings was available on Yahoo live, so I'm hoping the same for tonights game.

Game against the Red Wings is in Det. 4:30 PM start on CSN. Doesn't list as being on HD though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:26 pm
Linc Mob wrote:Viz, I feel you.

The Sharks have been my saving grace in regards to sports the last few months. :D
I've been quiet on the Warriors thus far this year since I haven't seen a lot of their games and the ones I have were straight depressing. :(

Sharks play tonight at 4:00 PM Pacific against Columbus. Game is listed as viewable on NHL Center Ice. However last game against the Kings was available on Yahoo live, so I'm hoping the same for tonights game.

Game against the Red Wings is in Det. 4:30 PM start on CSN. Doesn't list as being on HD though.
the only good news on espn are the sharks. just want to watch the sharks keep rolling... too bad there isnt as many sharks fans on here but then again this is a warriors forum hahah... at least some of us can go to this thread and talk about a great team. Ill have my bag of popcorn ready for thursday's big game
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board