Leon Powe is a Monster

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 12:27 am
I say we trade up and get rid of Taft, Monta, and 2nd round pick. for a 10th pick or so, and pick him up in next years draft. he's just a monster, watching the cal game, 26 pts 10 rebounds. off an injury, hasnt played for a year and he's dominating. Leon Powe and Devon Hardin(FREMONT PRIDEEE) are monsters.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:34 am
The team shouldn't be thinking about adding any player yet. The current players need to mesh together over a few years

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:02 am
I've been reading things about Leon Powe for a while now. He went through a serious injury, didn't he?. Is he completely recovered?, based on the numbers, it seems he is...

I'd love to get him, being a Warriors fan and all, but it'll be difficult to be in a position to pick him.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:29 pm
no, this kid is a monster. back in 2003 when the highschool mcdonalds game, with lebron james in the east. and lebron had around 30+ pts, leon powe was the only west player to keep the match respectable with 28 pts.

this kid is insane. pac 10 freshman of the year, then he got a serious injury and now he's fully recovered so he's just a monster. First game back, and he isnt compltely in shape yet, he posts 24 pts 10 rebounds. next game 28 pts 10 rebounds. this kid is insane. ive seen him play when me and my friends used to go to Oakland Tech and watch him play. He's crazy.

and craziest thing is, he won't be a top 10 pick due to his injury but he will be a mid-late pick. I wouldnt take that risk, and I'd just pick him up. He grew up in the Bay, plays in college for the Bay, then why not play for the warriors?

**** chris taft, Leon Powe as a Highschooler > Chris Taft now.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:08 pm
That good is he........ might be worth taking if he's still available

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:51 am
I've never seen him play. Who would you compare his game to?, all I know is he's a 4...

Anyway, if he's that good and has that much upside, I can't see him lasting past the lottery. I mean, Robert f*cking Swift didn't last past the lottery, why wouldn't someone bet on this kid?.

If we really want him, we'll prolly have to trade up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:34 am
Depends who the tream would have to trade to get in a position to "possibly" get tihs guy. If it means trading anyone that is important, ie. one of the top 5 or 6 players, which it would, then I say don't do it. The team is set and getting another rookie that has "potential" is just throwing another wildcard on the team. Having Taft, Miles and Diogu is enough very young guys to develop, along with the majority of the team, who are young and developing themselves

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:57 am
TMC wrote:I've never seen him play. Who would you compare his game to?, all I know is he's a 4...

Anyway, if he's that good and has that much upside, I can't see him lasting past the lottery. I mean, Robert f*cking Swift didn't last past the lottery, why wouldn't someone bet on this kid?.

If we really want him, we'll prolly have to trade up.

When he was in college as a freshman and Diogu as a sophmore. Coaches and reporters were debating who was the better. Now I bolded the freshman because when Powe was in highschool playing AAU All Star Gamel, he tore his ACL and had surgery and barely came back freshman year playing for Cal. Now if they're comparing him to Diogu, when Powe just recovered from an acl tear...damn.

As a freshman he averaged 15/9.

In NBA upside, I would compare him to a less athletic Amare Stoudamire.
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:32 am
Then I have to stick with the last sentence of my previous post. If we want him, we'll have to trade up. Somebody will bet on him before the lottery is over...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:27 am
this kid deserves to play in the NBA. and he's not even in any mock draft. he should play for the warriors. he's probably had the toughest life out of any basketball player. when he was two, his mom died and then when he was 7 his house burnt down and he lived in 30 different places until he was a junior. Then his mom died when he was 15 or something and he just tore it up in Oak Tech. After that he tore his acl, and UNC didnt want him anymore so he went to Cal. He tore it up there, then injury struck him and now he comes back and he's terrozing the post.

he grew up in the bay, so i think he should stay in the bay
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:57 am
BT wrote:this kid deserves to play in the NBA. and he's not even in any mock draft. he should play for the warriors. he's probably had the toughest life out of any basketball player. when he was two, his mom died and then when he was 7 his house burnt down and he lived in 30 different places until he was a junior. Then his mom died when he was 15 or something and he just tore it up in Oak Tech. After that he tore his acl, and UNC didnt want him anymore so he went to Cal. He tore it up there, then injury struck him and now he comes back and he's terrozing the post.

he grew up in the bay, so i think he should stay in the bay

Sounds like he has had alot of bad things happen to him. It might be time for a positive change to come to him. If he is that great and the Warriros can get him, it may be worth a try.

BT wrote:when he was two, his mom died and then when he was 7 his house burnt down and he lived in 30 different places until he was a junior. Then his mom died when he was 15 or something and he just tore it up in Oak Tech.

Exactly when did his mum die? She didn't die twice!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:40 am
migya wrote:
BT wrote:when he was two, his mom died and then when he was 7 his house burnt down and he lived in 30 different places until he was a junior. Then his mom died when he was 15 or something and he just tore it up in Oak Tech.

Exactly when did his mum die? She didn't die twice!

:shock:

::lol:

Guess one of those refers to his father...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:27 pm
As far as mocks go I used to see his name in the mid to late first round of the 2007 draft. Recently, however, I havent seen his name anywhere. He is a solid player who will play pro so I suppose that people are figuring that he is going to stay in school until 2008 now. It wouldnt be a bad decision considering how much time he has lost to injury.

A knock on him is his lack of size. He is only about 6'8 and does not have a big body. He may be putting up monster numbers now but so was Hakim Warrick and he hasn't done much on the next level.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:32 am
nah powe is nothing like amare, hes like a charles barkley or maybe like a diogu. he can take over a game from the post when he gets hot, but still has problems passing and handling double teams. i love powe, but no point in getting him, he plays the same postion as ike.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:41 am
lobsterman wrote:nah powe is nothing like amare, hes like a charles barkley or maybe like a diogu. he can take over a game from the post when he gets hot, but still has problems passing and handling double teams. i love powe, but no point in getting him, he plays the same postion as ike.

He can be trade bait with another player to get a superstar if it is desired! The Warriors, if Biedrins is the Center of the future, a good at every position!

Next

Return to Sports Board