Reggie Theus..... Fired

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm
http://www.nba.com/2008/news/12/15/1215 ... l?rss=true

oohhhh...

only Dunleavy and Nelson is left...

Dunleavy is safe because his team is improving.

Nelson is safe because he has his extension.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:55 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMenB9Ywh2Q[/youtube]

"last year" coach no longer "this year" coach:

Miami
New york
Phoenix
Detroit
Charlotte
Chicago
Philly
Toronto
Washington
OKC
Minnesota
Milwaukee
Sacramento

a lot of teams from the Least.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:28 pm
man, what a great off season this will be if you are looking for an NBA head coaching job!
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:23 pm
bada wrote:man, what a great off season this will be if you are looking for an NBA head coaching job!

Tell me about it, I minus well enter my name into the head coaching pool.

Talking about firings... I know a lot of assistants sure will be happy this off season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:27 pm
Another ridiculous firing... . They at least compete each night. The Kings have no point guard (udrich sucks and is inconsistant), Jackson is old, Moore sucks, Miller is old and whiles. Salmons is garbage. Kevin Martin has been hurt the majority of this season. Francison Garcia just came back like a few games ago from injury. Hawes is getting better, but is still real young.

The point is, the personnel hasn't helped Theus. I blame the losses more on that then on Theus.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:39 pm
Who's next? Who's next?. I want MORE. MORE!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Another ridiculous firing... . They at least compete each night. The Kings have no point guard (udrich sucks and is inconsistant), Jackson is old, Moore sucks, Miller is old and whiles. Salmons is garbage. Kevin Martin has been hurt the majority of this season. Francison Garcia just came back like a few games ago from injury. Hawes is getting better, but is still real young.

The point is, the personnel hasn't helped Theus. I blame the losses more on that then on Theus.

I liked Theus. Thought he did a nice job last season. I don't really think Salmons is garbage, he's getting it done this season to be honest... at least, that's what I see on the box score. Garcia and Martin have been playing hurt or are hurt, but those two are still solid players. Hawes is improving, too.

The reality is that they're young and they're not going to win young. It's not the coach, IMO.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:56 pm
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Another ridiculous firing... . They at least compete each night. The Kings have no point guard (udrich sucks and is inconsistant), Jackson is old, Moore sucks, Miller is old and whiles. Salmons is garbage. Kevin Martin has been hurt the majority of this season. Francison Garcia just came back like a few games ago from injury. Hawes is getting better, but is still real young.

I liked Theus. Thought he did a nice job last season. I don't really think Salmons is garbage, he's getting it done this season to be honest... at least, that's what I see on the box score. Garcia and Martin have been playing hurt or are hurt, but those two are still solid players. Hawes is improving, too.

The reality is that they're young and they're not going to win young. It's not the coach, IMO.

yep, so we agree... except about salmons... my point on salmon is, that he will never have as much minutes or time in any other team, besides lowly Sacramento.

Oh and talk radio here in Sactown doesn't like the firing. People are calling in these last two hours on what a mistake the Maloofs did. Plus the number one question these callers have is "Who the hell is Kenny Natt?"
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:03 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:

yep, so we agree... except about salmons... my point on salmon is, that he will never have as much minutes or time in any other team, besides lowly Sacramento.

Oh and talk radio here in Sactown doesn't like the firing. People are calling in these last two hours on what a mistake the Maloofs did. Plus the number one question these callers have is "Who the hell is Kenny Natt?"

Yeah... I can see your point on Salmons, which is the reason why I make my assumption on him with what I said. On any other team, we may not see that. Plus, he's in his prime, I believe. So we won't see this from him for that long.

Can't blame the fans. Unless Natt, whom I guessing is the interim head coach now, does wonders... they're going to stay angry.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:08 am
I want to see some cheerleader bich take over as headcoach of a team. She can get motivation to the players and crank up the crowd by showing her tits and arse :)

migya make the ring fall on ya

Return to NBA Forum