Raptors Warriors Rumour

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:06 am
don't shoot the messenger

http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/200 ... -make.html
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:07 am
Sounds like bullshiit

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:32 am
Hey, uptempo has a blog and all... (http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/)

But yeah, looks like BS. Just take a look at that blog and you'll find word of trades for AK and Dirk as well as a fantasy about adding Nash as a free agent.

Somebody has too much time on his hands...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:59 am
yeah thought the same but worth a post
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:49 am
Quazza wrote:don't shoot the messenger

LOL! you just knew huh Quaz! :wink:

I posted this scenario/article in the Mags thread yesterday but no-one responded or talked about it.............so Ill post again here =

bigstrads wrote:Heres some noise and an idea with Dallas =

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10716

In case you're wondering why the Golden State Warriors are stockpiling swing players (and why wouldn't you be wondering?) get ready for the next major move. The Warriors didn't exactly have Corey Maggette on their short list when they approached free agency 2008, but when the time came for them to use their cash he was simply the best name left.

The thinking was that they could keep him until December 15th, when he will be eligible to be traded, and make a better move at that time. Given that the Warriors recently locked up Stephen Jackson long-term, which they weren't sure they'd be able to do, it seems more and more likely that Maggette will be the one who gets the Warriors the point guard they need.

So who will it be?

One possiblity might be the Dallas Mavericks' Jason Terry. The Clippers were close to making a Maggette-for-Terry swap last summer, but it was killed by ownership. Terry, of course, is intimately familiar with the Don Nelson system, and is among the best scoring point guards in the league. The Mavericks would hate to give up Jet, but they desperately need a two who can create his own shot. Maggette would immediately start and improve the starting lineup drastically.

The Mavericks could also swap Jerry Stackhouse for Maggette straight up. Stackhouse was a favorite of Nellie's, as well, and represents not only a potential ending contract but also a person who could move to the coaching staff next season. That was the long-term plan in Dallas when Nellie was the coach there.

It may seem to be a stretch that the Warriors and Mavericks get anything done. The bad blood between Mark Cuban and Nellie has been well-documented, but perhaps Donnie Nelson, GM of Mavericks, could help smooth things over if it means making a deal that drastically helps both teams.

Im not liking the idea of Jason Terry.............I mean why the F do we need him??? hes not the kind of PG we need, he isnt a PG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:20 am
I can see Maggetter for Stackhouse (heck, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if only for the salary relief after next season). Not for Terry, tho. I'm not a fan of Terry, but the Mavs need him more than they need Maggs.

It also would make our backcourt logjam even worse, but who cares about that, anyway?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:41 am
TMC wrote:I can see Maggetter for Stackhouse (heck, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if only for the salary relief after next season). Not for Terry, tho. I'm not a fan of Terry, but the Mavs need him more than they need Maggs.

It also would make our backcourt logjam even worse, but who cares about that, anyway?

Terry is more effective than Crawford. He's been part of a winning program for a few years as well, not that Nelson is looking to make this team a winning program this season. I would get Terry, Maggette's contract is for longer. I'd look to get rid of Crawford next though, that would only be offseason

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:16 am
migya wrote:Terry is more effective than Crawford. He's been part of a winning program for a few years as well, not that Nelson is looking to make this team a winning program this season. I would get Terry, Maggette's contract is for longer. I'd look to get rid of Crawford next though, that would only be offseason

I was talking from Dallas point of view, tho. It just makes no sense for them to trade Terry for Maggs, particularly when they don't have a big need at SF once Howard comes back.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:20 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Terry is more effective than Crawford. He's been part of a winning program for a few years as well, not that Nelson is looking to make this team a winning program this season. I would get Terry, Maggette's contract is for longer. I'd look to get rid of Crawford next though, that would only be offseason

I was talking from Dallas point of view, tho. It just makes no sense for them to trade Terry for Maggs, particularly when they don't have a big need at SF once Howard comes back.

What the article Bigs posted says is that Maggette would be their SG, so JHoward goes to SF and Dirk at PF. Maybe Maggette could be well used there in Dallas but reckon they'd miss Terry's outside shooting

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:29 pm
Quazza wrote:don't shoot the messenger

http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/200 ... -make.html

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 12, 2008
Warriors and Raptors set to make blockbuster trade!
This just in...the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors have agreed to a trade in principal in which the Warriors would send Corey Maggette, Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli, and D-League scrub Richard Hendrix to Toronto in exchange for Andrea Bargnani, Jason Kapono, Jamario Moon, Joey Graham, and a 2009 second round pick...

This comes via text message from a high level Exec who works for one of the two teams...expect the trade to be announced on Dec 15th when Maggette, who was signed as a FA over the summer by the Warriors, can officially be traded...when the trade happen, I will reveal my source once and for all...

doubt it will happen... i dont like losing b.wright but it sounds good to me...

crawford/watson/nelson
jackson/azubuike/morrow
kapono/graham/moon
bargnani/randolph/kurz
andris/turiaf

monta*

i believe bargnani has 2 years left?
graham has 1 year
moon has 1 year

toronto's second round pick sounds nice...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:36 pm
Is this the same dude who was claiming to have a tape of Michelle Obama saying "kill whitey?" The only thing about it is Toronto is one of the few teams where Maggette would be a big help, in a front line w/Bosh and O'Neal, and Calderon at the point to make sure the ball doesn't get into Magg's hands too soon. It is actually a plausible trade for both teams, except I doubt TO wants Magg's 5 year 50 Million deal. Let's see if any more reputable source confirms this. Right now this is pretty much it on google
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm
id love to have bargnani for maggs...and id love to have moon here...but not at the expense of wright. id hate to lose brandan. as far as the dallas trade...i dont. like it...but i think it makes sense. i wouldnt do it tho...i dont like terry as a pg...cuz he isnt much of one.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 pm
Terry was drafted with the pick we traded to get Mookie Blaylock

there's some useless but daunting trivia for ya

Return to Trades