Co-Workers

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 19
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:05 pm
Okay so am at work and noticed the different roles that people take.

Here is a few that i have noticed.

There is the the Main Manager that everyone fully respects. He means buisness, never really jokes around. All important subjects end with him.
I like this guy because "What you see is what you get" He just wants the job done and doesnt invlove himself with nothing else just work.

The Co-Worker You always help- This person never seems to do things right and is always asking for your help. He panics because he will get in trouble if the jobs not done properly.

These is just a few. Lets see the similarities and differeces our working place

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:26 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:Okay so am at work and noticed the different roles that people take.

There is the the Main Manager that everyone fully respects. He means buisness, never really jokes around. All important subjects end with him.
I like this guy because "What you see is what you get" He just wants the job done and doesnt invlove himself with nothing else just work.

The Co-Worker You always help- This person never seems to do things right and is always asking for your help. He panics because he will get in trouble if the jobs not done properly.

I see what ur doing.. u taking my college personalities idea.. the one i also stole from the bball one... and making it ur own.. stealer...:mrgreen:

But I recommend you watch THE OFFICE. its on NBC, and it is perfect along the likes of different personality at work. Oh and its the best show, no named LOST.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:30 pm
gee i really think bigs should have started this thread... he def has the most stories to share :D

im the type of co-worked people bitch about.

i got in trouble just the other week for cutting up this chicks 21st birthday invitation ( it was a picture of her when she was 4 years old ) i put the picture in my wallet and was telling everyone i was the luckiest man alive now with my new girlfriend. when they quizzed me abiout a pic of my girl i showed them the invitation photo and they all started complaining about me claiming to be dating a 4 year old ( no one was getting my point that i was imaginary dating a full blown 21 year old hottie )

anyways the girls photo whos 21st birthday party it was was cool with it. it was her ugly friend with the face like a frog meeting a brick wall ended up dobbing on me. she also bought up a point that was way old and was a personal joke with another work colleague where i had photos of my mate who'd just had a baby with his wife and i had my desktop of the wife in the hospital bed holding the baby... i mean for gawds sake. i hate people who dob
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:05 pm
The Secretary - She's the bich always handing out the blowjobs to the General Manager. It pays to work hard and become the General Manager :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:Okay so am at work and noticed the different roles that people take.

I see what ur doing.. u taking my college personalities idea.. the one i also stole from the bball one... and making it ur own.. stealer...:mrgreen:

But I recommend you watch THE OFFICE. its on NBC, and it is perfect along the likes of different personality at work. Oh and its the best show, no named LOST.

Guilty as charged mann :oops: . Just following your footsteps there.
I would probably DVD that, never have time for tv shows these days alwys at work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:31 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Guilty as charged mann :oops: . Just following your footsteps there.
I would probably DVD that, never have time for tv shows these days alwys at work.

haha no worries man, spins-offs of good posts equal good posts :mrgreen: . I currently don't work, im a full time college student who spends too much time on this site in class, but i plan on reading it wen more people begin posting.

by yeah man, The office, rent season 1 (just six episodes) and if u start liking the charactor development after that, then u will be hooked. The first episode blows (the pilot), but the second episode is one of my favorite. And second season is the best season (like 24 episodes).

My Sig is a quote from a Christmas episode from the office.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:35 am
Never been a fan of The Office (I've gotta admit I've only seen the British one, tho). Probably because I have to endure the same sh*t day after day (not as exaggerated, but you get the point) and I need to evade from that once I get off work.

I guess I enjoy a lot more the IT Crowd kind of humor. I'm sure Bigs knows what I'm talking about (because, frankly, there's no comparison between the British show and the american one).

As for Co-Workers... don't get me starded on this. The administration (ANY administration) is the pit where all kind of stereotypes can be found, usually the worst ones. That's not to say you won't find great people, but usually, it's a nest for envy and b*tching about your co-workers.

Now that I think of it, I kinda like it. Life would be too boring without somebody to hate together. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:21 am
Ive never really been a fan of The Office (show), neither English or American ones...........although I would hesitantly say the English one is better, simply because its the original (not because Im being patriotic or anything stupid like that)

I.T Crowd is cool TMC.............the best English comedies around at the moment, you guys should check out = Peep Show (Genius, TMC, you would love it) Never Mind The Buzzcocks (comedy music quiz show, so outrageously funny, the host is a guy called Simon Amstell and he just rips the piss out of everyone and says some close to the line sh*t) and a little series that was on for a short run called The In-Between'ers (a school comedy show, very funny)

Also, if you like zombie/gore stuff, you should check out a recent mini series we had called Dead Set...........its about Big Brother (the show) but dont let that put you off, cuz its a real indictment of it and its "principles"..........I wasnt expecting much, just had a feeling about it, and it turned out to be one of the best zombie/apocolyptic things Ive ever seen.

As for the co-worker stuff.............I am the guy who questions things, and ensures all the angles have been covered before something is rolled out..........apathy is not in my dictionary, I tend to not accept much that people tell me in the work place, and research/clarify it all for myself..........usually finding holes in it, and then fixing it. :wink:

Im the Trouble Maker if you will. :mrgreen:

Have we had the Ass Kisser yet? they are the ones I dispise the most, those people who latch onto some d*ck weed manager, and praise/follow everything they do, no matter how stupid or wrong.............simply so they can get cushy with them and get promoted, and sadly, they usually do. :evil:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:53 am
:banghead:
How about the lady who is just freaking stupid , asking the same questions over and over throughout the year,questions she has been givin the answer to several times and should know where to find the answer without bothering anyone by now.

How about the dude that slows the meeting by asking stupid comments or going down rabbit trails. Even more screwed is that at the start of the meeting the boss says"if we hury and get through this everyone can go home". The questions asked by this person get the boss so pissed as he wonders to him self wiith a pissed look on his face "why is this person still employeed by me :banghead: "

then their is always one of the boss's son who comes in to the company , starting on third base and swaggers around like he hit a home run.

:roll:

damn it i got a million of them ....I will share a few at a time so TMC doesn't ban me , ( as he prob. see's a little of himself in all my office mates) :mrgreen:
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:09 am
man the office is one of the few shows i actually watch. Each character just makes the show. You take away one of these characters and it won't feel the same. But of course nothing beats the trio of Micheal, Dwight, and Jim.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:13 am
My last big office job was interesting because when I showed up for work I was just shocked. Every girl in there, about 20 of them, was actually just beautiful. Young, old all races, colors and creeds. All hot.

Customers would come in, look around and say "how do you work here?".

The place was tense what with all the dumped people, unfulfilled lust, sexual harassment (in all directions) and all.

Parties after alcohol consumption were, well, I was shocked many a time.

If I ran an office today I would only hire old, unattractive married people. Except for my private secretary, of course. Might get some work done on occasion.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:16 am
carlgo wrote:My last big office job was interesting because when I showed up for work I was just shocked. Every girl in there, about 20 of them, was actually just beautiful. Young, old all races, colors and creeds. All hot.

Customers would come in, look around and say "how do you work here?".

The place was tense what with all the dumped people, unfulfilled lust, sexual harassment (in all directions) and all.

Parties after alcohol consumption were, well, I was shocked many a time.

If I ran an office today I would only hire old, unattractive married people. Except for my private secretary, of course. Might get some work done on occasion.

Cool you worked in a brothel.... hardly an office though dude, however some big corporate high flyers would beg to differ 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:32 am
JOEL wrote::banghead:
How about the lady who is just freaking stupid , asking the same questions over and over throughout the year,questions she has been givin the answer to several times and should know where to find the answer without bothering anyone by now.

yeah, theres this haitian chick in on of my econ classes... like on the college personalities thing (under handraiser), this absolute stupid lady never stops talking and is so dumb. Its annoying and frustration, especially when a 5 yr old can answer it.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:33 am
The person I cannot stand is the busy body. They are just about being in everybody's business. They think that everyone is out to get them and stir up drama against people even when it isn't there. They are always talking about how great their minimal accomplishments are. They make a point of looking at the clock to see what time it is when you walk in in the morning even though they don't manage you. They put on a fake smile and refer to a team of people they are managing as "my guys". In reality, they are the most inept member of the organization and are bs'ing no one but themselves. No one can stand being around this person because it puts everyone on edge. The funny thing about it is they make everything a political competition, yet stand to gain nothing by winning because they work in a field where there are no promotions, no bonuses, no concerns about layoffs, and absolutely no need for a competitive atmosphere whatsoever.

:banghead: :banghead: :evil: :banghead: :banghead:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:41 am
JOEL wrote::banghead:

How about the dude that slows the meeting by asking stupid comments or going down rabbit trails. Even more screwed is that at the start of the meeting the boss says"if we hury and get through this everyone can go home". The questions asked by this person get the boss so pissed as he wonders to him self wiith a pissed look on his face "why is this person still employeed by me :banghead: "

then their is always one of the boss's son who comes in to the company , starting on third base and swaggers around like he hit a home run.

:roll:

damn it i got a million of them ....I will share a few at a time so TMC doesn't ban me , ( as he prob. see's a little of himself in all my office mates) :mrgreen:

Mann the dude in the meetings always kills it, always stating the obvious raising his hand, like hey bro this is not high school. Try to stand out in the meeting in the eyes of the manager but really after the meeting everbody is pissed. It never fails every meeting he does this Shyte.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum