Raptors Want a Wing

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:32 pm
this from an article i read

Rival team executives say Colangelo also has been active in trade discussions. The Raptors need help on the wing, and Colangelo has dangled forward Jason Kapono in some talks, which comes as little surprise given the regrettable four-year, $24 million contract the team gave him. “They’re likely feeling a lot of pressure to get things turned around,” said one Western Conference GM, “and Bryan isn’t one to be afraid to pull the trigger.”




Maggs for Kopono Joey G and a future first rounder works for me
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21732
» Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:47 pm
I want to get rid og Maggette and this trade is feasible, but understand Kapono is no star. He is however, a great shooter and he could give the team a good shooter off the bench but he is overpriced for just that at 6 million a year. For 4 million, not so bad but he is overpriced. Getting rid of Maggette's 10 million a year for five years contract would be real nice
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:49 pm
migya wrote:I want to get rid og Maggette and this trade is feasible, but understand Kapono is no star. He is however, a great shooter and he could give the team a good shooter off the bench but he is overpriced for just that at 6 million a year. For 4 million, not so bad but he is overpriced. Getting rid of Maggette's 10 million a year for five years contract would be real nice



yeah the trade i mentioned has nothing to do with wanting Kapono mate. This is purely wanting Maggette gone:)

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:51 pm
it's too drastic for a professional franchise to renig on a big time deal 20 games into the player's tenure.

however, if i were gm, i'd do that trade and not even ask for the future first in return. unless we really haven't seen the 'Real Maggette' on the floor yet, there is no way I can stand 5 years of him.

Will Dec. 15th be the day Mullin makes up for his past sins???
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21732
» Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:45 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:I want to get rid og Maggette and this trade is feasible, but understand Kapono is no star. He is however, a great shooter and he could give the team a good shooter off the bench but he is overpriced for just that at 6 million a year. For 4 million, not so bad but he is overpriced. Getting rid of Maggette's 10 million a year for five years contract would be real nice



yeah the trade i mentioned has nothing to do with wanting Kapono mate. This is purely wanting Maggette gone:)



I'd prefer Kapono and Jamario Moon, who has gone from starting SF to bench, as Bargnani is ahead of him. Moon likes to run and is a very good shotblocker who'd fit well here
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 am
fine wrote:it's too drastic for a professional franchise to renig on a big time deal 20 games into the player's tenure.

however, if i were gm, i'd do that trade and not even ask for the future first in return. unless we really haven't seen the 'Real Maggette' on the floor yet, there is no way I can stand 5 years of him.

Will Dec. 15th be the day Mullin makes up for his past sins???


Exactly. It's a bit sad that we're hopin to unload Maggs contract after just 20 games, but it's what it is. A mistake that has to be corrected.

btw, unless he's also been hiding in Clipperland for the last few years, this is the "real Maggette".
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:36 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:I want to get rid og Maggette and this trade is feasible, but understand Kapono is no star. He is however, a great shooter and he could give the team a good shooter off the bench but he is overpriced for just that at 6 million a year. For 4 million, not so bad but he is overpriced. Getting rid of Maggette's 10 million a year for five years contract would be real nice



yeah the trade i mentioned has nothing to do with wanting Kapono mate. This is purely wanting Maggette gone:)



I'd prefer Kapono and Jamario Moon, who has gone from starting SF to bench, as Bargnani is ahead of him. Moon likes to run and is a very good shotblocker who'd fit well here



good point, well made

All Star
Posts: 1469
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:37 am
TMC wrote:
fine wrote:it's too drastic for a professional franchise to renig on a big time deal 20 games into the player's tenure.

however, if i were gm, i'd do that trade and not even ask for the future first in return. unless we really haven't seen the 'Real Maggette' on the floor yet, there is no way I can stand 5 years of him.

Will Dec. 15th be the day Mullin makes up for his past sins???


Exactly. It's a bit sad that we're hopin to unload Maggs contract after just 20 games, but it's what it is. A mistake that has to be corrected.

btw, unless he's also been hiding in Clipperland for the last few years, this is the "real Maggette".


Goddamn Clipper fans were right, that's what sucks the most.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:29 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:I want to get rid og Maggette and this trade is feasible, but understand Kapono is no star. He is however, a great shooter and he could give the team a good shooter off the bench but he is overpriced for just that at 6 million a year. For 4 million, not so bad but he is overpriced. Getting rid of Maggette's 10 million a year for five years contract would be real nice



yeah the trade i mentioned has nothing to do with wanting Kapono mate. This is purely wanting Maggette gone:)



I'd prefer Kapono and Jamario Moon, who has gone from starting SF to bench, as Bargnani is ahead of him. Moon likes to run and is a very good shotblocker who'd fit well here


Moon would be a nice pick up. I dont like Kapono at all. He needs multiple players drawing doubles in order to get his shots. I think he would rot on the bench here. He is kind of a way overpriced version of Morrow, but he doesnt bring the other things that it appears Morrow can bring.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:17 pm
Always knew Colangelo made a mistake by signing Kapono to that large contract. He's not worth that money. He's just another shooter off the bench... nothing else.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 pm
looks as though they're showcasing Kapono. Started at SF and played 39 mins. Scored 25
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 21732
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:14 am
Quazza wrote:looks as though they're showcasing Kapono. Started at SF and played 39 mins. Scored 25



Kapono's capable but a scorer and not much else
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:49 am
xbay wrote:Always knew Colangelo made a mistake by signing Kapono to that large contract. He's not worth that money. He's just another shooter off the bench... nothing else.


Was Colangelo already on Toronto when they signed Kapono to that deal?
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3242
» Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:50 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:Always knew Colangelo made a mistake by signing Kapono to that large contract. He's not worth that money. He's just another shooter off the bench... nothing else.


Was Colangelo already on Toronto when they signed Kapono to that deal?



yeah he was
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 865
» Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:45 pm
truthfully... i want to get rid of maggette. but i dont want kapono back, We freaking have bellinelli... and would much rather use him and see whether or not he actually has a future with us in the team. Kapono will just be used like belli is right now.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests