JRICH a SUN

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Rookie
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:26 pm
The Suns just traded Raja Bell and Boris Diaw for JRich and Jared Dudley. Seems like a desperation move by Steve Kerr, the suns haven't been playing very well lately and maybe he thinks this will help.

Rookie
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:29 pm
Heres the Article if you wanted to read it:

The Suns have acquired Jason Richardson and Jared Dudley from the Bobcats in exchange for Boris Diaw, Raja Bell and Sean Singletary, according to ESPN Sports Center.

The trade call was completed at about 3:45 p.m. Phoenix time today, according to the Arizona Republic.

"He's athletic and gives us a really potent offensive player," Suns General Manager Steve Kerr said. "He's also an excellent defensive players and he's in his prime. He's a very high-character guy and well-regarded around the league for his professionalism."

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:30 pm
WTF???

Link???

Thats a ridiculously lopsided trade for the Suns.............how the hell do you only get a one dimensional flopper and a washed up has been for J-Rich........AND a promising young guy in Dudley!!!

This is insane if its true. :roll:

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

Thats insane.

Rookie
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3760914

Wow, didn't see that coming. I thought he was going to be traded to Clippers...

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:44 pm
I'm happy for J-Rich, he's out of that hell hole. My favorite guy is back in the west

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm
bigstrads wrote:WTF???

Link???

Thats a ridiculously lopsided trade for the Suns.............how the hell do you only get a one dimensional flopper and a washed up has been for J-Rich........AND a promising young guy in Dudley!!!

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

fk fair line up. Would've been ridiculous a few years ago

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 pm
Quazza wrote:
bigstrads wrote:WTF???

Link???

Suns =

Shaq
Amare
Barnes
J-Rich
Nash

fk fair line up. Would've been ridiculous a few years ago

I would say its a pretty fair trade on each side. The Suns lose some D, but they gain a really good scorer if he plays right. I dont know much about Dudley at all. The Cats gain some D and free up Wallace to score more and maybe Morrison too.

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:02 pm
Phoenix got a future 2nd rounder too

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:06 pm
the fantasy implications are blowing my mind!!

Role Player
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm
Ah one of the few ex-warriors I still keep track of. Hope he does well in Phoenix and glad he's out of the inept Bobcats. Good thing we're not going for the playoffs though.

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:14 pm
Not really lopsided. It's pretty fair for both sides. Jrich is only a 20ppg scorer. Diaw and Bell can score 20 combined and add some defense as well. It's a good trade for both teams, although it doesn't change anything for Charlotte. They're still not out the pit hole, yet.

The Suns, however, are better. They got bigger in the back court and provide a stronger, highflying scorer for Nash to run with.

Franchise Player
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:19 pm
Yeah, suppose you guys are right...........was just shocked a little.

» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:45 pm
SFWarriors wrote:Ah one of the few ex-warriors I still keep track of. Hope he does well in Phoenix and glad he's out of the inept Bobcats. Good thing we're not going for the playoffs though.

yeah me too... he and Jamison are two ex warriors that i always root well for. There ballers who always give it their all, no matter the circumstances.

Starting Lineup
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:53 pm
i wonder what barnes is thinking haha... can they have jrich at 2 and barnes at 3?

All Star
» Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:17 pm
ok no wonder the suns have been taking a nose dive since kerr took over. first thing he does is trade for shaq. that had ??? written all over it. now he gets j-rich, ok fine, but since when was he ever an "excellent defender" ??? his lack of defense and inability to stay in front of his man was the weakest link in his game.