Boxing Fans?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:12 am
xbay wrote:Yeah, it seems those two are going to be his next opponent. I think it'll be Mayweather, but I can see it being Hatton as well. Either way, it's going to be a great fight no matter whomever he fights between the two.

wow, manny seriously bitch slapped oscar all night. How embarrassing

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:25 am
xbay wrote:Yeah, it seems those two are going to be his next opponent. I think it'll be Mayweather, but I can see it being Hatton as well. Either way, it's going to be a great fight no matter whomever he fights between the two.

for some reason i dont see mayweather coming ot of retirement to fight pacquiao. i see can see the next fight against hatton, but i thought manny was gonna drop back down? iono...i think for mayweather to come out of retirement, it would take a ridiculous amount of money.

as for the fight against DLH, he quit cuz he knew he was getting his money. no one f*cked up his face like manny did before and he wanted to save his reputation and his career(acting/appearances). he'll give it a couple months before doing another commercial. :wink: either way, dude is loaded now. his promo company hosted the fight and he basically got double the amount of money manny got for losing the fight.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:37 am
E-Man wrote:

for some reason i dont see mayweather coming ot of retirement to fight pacquiao. i see can see the next fight against hatton, but i thought manny was gonna drop back down? iono...i think for mayweather to come out of retirement, it would take a ridiculous amount of money.

as for the fight against DLH, he quit cuz he knew he was getting his money. no one f*cked up his face like manny did before and he wanted to save his reputation and his career(acting/appearances). he'll give it a couple months before doing another commercial. :wink: either way, dude is loaded now. his promo company hosted the fight and he basically got double the amount of money manny got for losing the fight.

And there you go, you just said it yourself... money. I think Mayweather will come out of retirement because with boxing hurting, they're going to pay Floyd a ridiculous amount to get him to come out and box Manny.

But I think Hatton will be Pac Man's next opponent, if anything.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:50 am
CjR wrote:
Viz wrote:i know ill be watching the fight... its just a matter of which house party to hit up... Bunch of drunk guys screaming at the TV always fun.

I know what you mean; big fights are always a blast. As for me, it’s our Christmas party, and we’re ordering the fight. Talk about leaving the ladies all dressed-up by themselves. :mrgreen:

And, Viz, nice commercial. Check out this one for Red Horse. Ever tried this Filipino beer? It's been a while but it's a damn good one. And check out this gorgeous Pinay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5g9wKfTFA[/youtube]

of course cjr... San miguel and Red horse are of the same company... its funny how red horse has the label extra hard... wtf is that seriously. When i was in the philippines all i drank was either red horse or san miguel plain and simple
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:01 am
about the fight... i am thrilled manny won.. but am still bothered by DLH performance... He is the definition of a ***** for the way he fought this fight. I watched all four episodes of HBO's 24/7 and so on... read all the articles and just expected so much more from him. The scene of DLH throwing a cake manny supposeably got him for thanksgiving into the streets, im sure is staged. BUt i mean seriously watching that fight... i dont care how fast manny is... that 7th and 8th round oscar didnt do shiet. He didnt try countering or anything but just keeping his hands up and moving ever so slowly. I forget if it was the 7th or 8th round when DLH was in the corner... he didnt even bother trying to get out... when manny backed up, dlh backed himself up into the corner again and again basically saying im ready to give up any second now. Then for it to end the way it did was a disgrace. everyone knows oscar did it for the money... but i will forever have something against him for just giving up. Mannys claim to fame... the fight with barrerra was ended by barrerras corner because he was taking a beating...
Im DLH case he simply just noded and said yeah im done. hell all he had was one swollen eye... didnt look tired or anything, but how could he be when he didnt throw anything the whole entire night. The whole night i proabably saw oscar throw a combo no more than like 5 times, and other than that he was just blocking and throwing a jab here or there.

Overall I'm glad manny won, he truly showed up to fight, but i just hate how DLH showed up
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:46 am
Viz wrote:
CjR wrote:
Viz wrote:i know ill be watching the fight... its just a matter of which house party to hit up... Bunch of drunk guys screaming at the TV always fun.

I know what you mean; big fights are always a blast. As for me, it’s our Christmas party, and we’re ordering the fight. Talk about leaving the ladies all dressed-up by themselves. :mrgreen:

And, Viz, nice commercial. Check out this one for Red Horse. Ever tried this Filipino beer? It's been a while but it's a damn good one. And check out this gorgeous Pinay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5g9wKfTFA[/youtube]

of course cjr... San miguel and Red horse are of the same company... its funny how red horse has the label extra hard... wtf is that seriously.
When i was in the philippines all i drank was either red horse or san miguel plain and simple

Maybe it has something to do with it being very strong? :wink: (Philippine version, at least.)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:22 am
Viz wrote:about the fight... i am thrilled manny won.. but am still bothered by DLH performance... He is the definition of a ***** for the way he fought this fight. I watched all four episodes of HBO's 24/7 and so on... read all the articles and just expected so much more from him. The scene of DLH throwing a cake manny supposeably got him for thanksgiving into the streets, im sure is staged. BUt i mean seriously watching that fight... i dont care how fast manny is... that 7th and 8th round oscar didnt do shiet. He didnt try countering or anything but just keeping his hands up and moving ever so slowly. I forget if it was the 7th or 8th round when DLH was in the corner... he didnt even bother trying to get out... when manny backed up, dlh backed himself up into the corner again and again basically saying im ready to give up any second now. Then for it to end the way it did was a disgrace. everyone knows oscar did it for the money... but i will forever have something against him for just giving up. Mannys claim to fame... the fight with barrerra was ended by barrerras corner because he was taking a beating...
Im DLH case he simply just noded and said yeah im done. hell all he had was one swollen eye... didnt look tired or anything, but how could he be when he didnt throw anything the whole entire night. The whole night i proabably saw oscar throw a combo no more than like 5 times, and other than that he was just blocking and throwing a jab here or there.

Overall I'm glad manny won, he truly showed up to fight, but i just hate how DLH showed up

Same here. I wanted a memorable and highly competitive fight, at least where both fighters give their best effort, but with Manny winning. Manny did his part.

But, give credit to Manny for pounding body early and often. That's why DLH was done around the 7th. Did you see DLH's elbows down after he took those crisp body shots? He didn't like 'em the least bit. And unlike head shots, you can't shake off body shots. It can end a fight instantly (liver) or it slowly dibilitates a fighter until it takes his mobility and legs away completely. That's exactly what happened.

As for the fight, plain and simple: Southpaw + Speed + Proper Fight Plan = Difference

There's also interest in some wanting to see Manny fight Antonio Margarito or Miguel Cotto. Holy sh!t! :shock:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:24 pm
Actually, some of my friends want Margarito to fight Manny. They're Latino, BTW. They've been wanting to see that fight for a while. Me too. And if I'm not correct, Margarito and Pacquaio had a fight contract in the works, but they kept dying down for some unknown reason. Manny was actually suspected to fight Margarito after Marquez, not Diaz or DLH.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:39 pm
xbay wrote:Actually, some of my friends want Margarito to fight Manny. They're Latino, BTW. They've been wanting to see that fight for a while. Me too. And if I'm not correct, Margarito and Pacquaio had a fight contract in the works, but they kept dying down for some unknown reason. Manny was actually suspected to fight Margarito after Marquez, not Diaz or DLH.

Seriously any fight would be a good fight... Watching every one of Manny's fight is truly like watching art at work. It just amazes me that will all the pressure and obstacles manny has faced, he has over come them and still has his country on his back. I am not biased because I am filipino, it is all the stories i constantly hear about him. He gives back to the people, and he doesnt let fame change who he is. He has never forgotten who he is and where he is from. You don't see him living in the biggest mansion, and so on.

I truly want to see a Margarito or Hatton fight. Those are for sure two great fights that i think are still to come. What competition would he have if he moved back down? Why not stay around his weight now and fight people he can have a good match with
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:30 pm
Okay, well I'm going to go off of praising Manny, because let's face it... if it wasn't for Freddie Roach, I'm not sure we'd see such a dominating Manny Pacquiao. A good one, but as far as Manny being THIS good? Don't think so. Freddie has done a wonderful job training Pacquiao for his upcoming bouts.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:15 pm
xbay wrote:Okay, well I'm going to go off of praising Manny, because let's face it... if it wasn't for Freddie Roach, I'm not sure we'd see such a dominating Manny Pacquiao. A good one, but as far as Manny being THIS good? Don't think so. Freddie has done a wonderful job training Pacquiao for his upcoming bouts.
Definitely, that is a given. Freddy is a special trainer... actually we should be praising this guy more. For him to have... sorry is it parkinson's, and to be able to do what he does everyday is amazing. It's true what Freddy said... the only time his symptoms goes away is when he steps into the ring. And everytime i see him in the ring... Freddy is as if he has never had a problem with any sickness. I'm not sure Freddy would be in the position he has been in also without Manny. They truly are a special combo of a team
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:42 pm
Viz wrote:
xbay wrote:Okay, well I'm going to go off of praising Manny, because let's face it... if it wasn't for Freddie Roach, I'm not sure we'd see such a dominating Manny Pacquiao. A good one, but as far as Manny being THIS good? Don't think so. Freddie has done a wonderful job training Pacquiao for his upcoming bouts.
Definitely, that is a given. Freddy is a special trainer... actually we should be praising this guy more. For him to have... sorry is it parkinson's, and to be able to do what he does everyday is amazing. It's true what Freddy said... the only time his symptoms goes away is when he steps into the ring. And everytime i see him in the ring... Freddy is as if he has never had a problem with any sickness. I'm not sure Freddy would be in the position he has been in also without Manny. They truly are a special combo of a team

Yeah, he has Parkinson's. He takes medication to keep the shaking to a point where he can hold his words in an interview.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 am
xbay wrote:
Viz wrote:

Yeah, he has Parkinson's. He takes medication to keep the shaking to a point where he can hold his words in an interview.

I remember watching Freddy box when I was a kid, and he used to get pounded and bloodied up. He was never a great fighter, but he did fight Camacho and Greg Haugen who were among the elite fighters in the division at the time. He didn’t have the biggest punch nor the greatest defense, but boy his heart was as big as Texas.

I love the guy; he’s been excellent for Manny, and Manny has been great for him. The two are match made in heaven. Just too bad he has Parkinson’s, which is more than likely attributed to boxing, although he'll never admit that 100%.

But if I were to pick another trainer (other than Freddy), it would have to be Emanuel Steward, who I think is still the best trainer in boxing.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:28 pm
Okay, so the Pacquiao/Hatton talks ended Wednesday when Pacquiao's side failed to meet the deadline. If he had reached it, negotiations for the fight would of continued and may even of had a set date for the bout. So all the talks about Pacquaio taking on Hatton are on hold... for now.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:36 pm
xbay wrote:Okay, so the Pacquiao/Hatton talks ended Wednesday when Pacquiao's side failed to meet the deadline. If he had reached it, negotiations for the fight would of continued and may even of had a set date for the bout. So all the talks about Pacquaio taking on Hatton are on hold... for now.

the hatton vs pacman fight sounds good but i want pacman vs mayweather.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board