Wittman Gone, McHale Taking Over

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:26 pm
another one bites the dust

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:37 pm
related to this issue...i know its been talked about before, but i dont remember reading any clear arguements for or against it:

how would you guys feel if this happened to the warriors?...basically nelson is sent packing and mully takes over coaching duties.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:10 pm
I'd be wrapped as i feel Mully would give AR and Brandon consistent minutes
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:54 am
I don't know what McHale has to do to get fired... he's the one to blame for the mess that Minny has become, and still nothing happens.

E-Man wrote:how would you guys feel if this happened to the warriors?...basically nelson is sent packing and mully takes over coaching duties.

I can't give you a honest answer, E-Man. We just don't know what kind of coaching style Mully would have. I kinda agree with Quazza, but it's more a feeling than anything, nothing we can be certain about.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:28 am
The TWolves actually look pretty good, roster wise this season. McHale couldn't do much worse getting high draft picks but he has done alright the last couple of years. He should be gone soon anyway

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:54 am
migya wrote:The TWolves actually look pretty good, roster wise this season. McHale couldn't do much worse getting high draft picks but he has done alright the last couple of years. He should be gone soon anyway

the big thing out of all this is that it's actually a demotion cos they're saying he'll no longer be GM
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:06 am
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:The TWolves actually look pretty good, roster wise this season. McHale couldn't do much worse getting high draft picks but he has done alright the last couple of years. He should be gone soon anyway

the big thing out of all this is that it's actually a demotion cos they're saying he'll no longer be GM

He's been there so long and he hasn't made them real good, that's why. I don't think McHale deserved any job with the TWolves after the length of time he's had to make things happen, others get sacked well before then. Like I said though, the TWolves roster has potential this time, "potential".

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:58 am
migya wrote:
Quazza wrote:

He's been there so long and he hasn't made them real good, that's why. I don't think McHale deserved any job with the TWolves after the length of time he's had to make things happen, others get sacked well before then. Like I said though, the TWolves roster has potential this time, "potential".

This is the organization giving Lurch his chance to either **** or get off the pot. If the team is successful with "his" guys, he will keep his job. If they are not, he will be gone. Its probably easier to dismiss a coach than a GM. The Wolves have some good pieces, but I would say they are one of the teams in a darker place right now than even our Warriors.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:15 pm
Quazza wrote:

So... it means "we're so cheap we don't want to pay a new coach"?. Because it certainly looks like it.
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:56 pm
he's coached them with a winning record before (but yeah, i hear what ya saying)
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:23 pm
Quazza wrote:he's coached them with a winning record before (but yeah, i hear what ya saying)

He has since traded away all those guys that he coached to a winning record. He kind of Isiah Thomased that franchise.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:02 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Quazza wrote:he's coached them with a winning record before (but yeah, i hear what ya saying)

He has since traded away all those guys that he coached to a winning record. He kind of Isiah Thomased that franchise.

He's been in charge in Minny for so long that I think it's more suitable to say that Isiah McHaled the Knicks...

Return to NBA Forum