The Tampa Bay Choke Artists Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:04 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:What your thoughts TMC? Are you a playoff bound team.

Sure. We're a better team that Carolina. That's for sure. It's just that, as we're the current champs of the NFC south, we have a tougher schedule, but their passing game is virtually non-existant, and they won't be able to defeat teams with a good run D. As proven by our 27-3 against them on week 6.

Also, take a look at our remaining schedule:

@ Detroit
New Orleans
@ Carolina
@ Atlanta
San Diego
Oakland

I think we have a good chance to end the season with 11, maybe even 12 wins (although 11-10 sounds more reasonable). That's a wildcard spot for sure, and maybe enough to win the NFC South.

The Panthers have a much tougher schedule, having to play at Green Bay and at NY against the Giants, and not a single game against teams below .500. I'd be surprised if they go .500 the rest of the way.

As for Washington, Dallas and Philly, I think Philly is already out of contention, as they have one of the worst remaining schedules of the NFL. Dallas and Washington could be dangerous, but they all have to play some tough teams, and health is an issue with both. The Redskins have the most friendly schedule, tho, so they have a slight advantage, but I think they'll be the ones that finally miss on the playoffs, with Dallas taking that wildcard.

The way I see it, the NFL playoffs should end something like this:

Bye.- Giants, Cards
Bucs and Packers as divisional champs.
Dallas and Panthers as wildcards.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:56 pm
As expected, Graham's season is over, as he's been put in IR today. Geno Hayes, who was having a pretty good season playing in special teams, also goes to IR.

As replacements (sort of), the Bucs have signed Noah Herron (who, if we're lucky, won't get to play much) and Matt McCoy (same as Herron, although I do expect McCoy to be more of a factor on special teams, kinda like Hayes was).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:24 am
I just wanted to post here about the guy I considered as the weak link on the Bucs O-Line: our LT Donald Penn.

On paper, he was Petigout's replacement, and looked just average last season, but I was pretty impressed with the way he handled Jared Allen last week (with ease, I'd say), so I took at look at the kind of season he's having, just to find out an amazing fact: so far, he has played against Jared Allen, John Abraham, Julius Peppers, Demarcus Ware, Adewale Ogunleye, Aaron Kampman or Will Smith (among others)... and has allowed just ONE single sack to Abraham. That's an impressive achievement, considering the names of the guys he has played against.

He's gonna be a restricted free agent after the season, but I hope he gets signed long term. That would be a great move to solidify our o-line.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:54 pm
TMC wrote:As expected, Graham's season is over, as he's been put in IR today. Geno Hayes, who was having a pretty good season playing in special teams, also goes to IR.

As replacements (sort of), the Bucs have signed Noah Herron (who, if we're lucky, won't get to play much) and Matt McCoy (same as Herron, although I do expect McCoy to be more of a factor on special teams, kinda like Hayes was).

tought break for Graham and the Bucs. I like that guy alot. He is a great story.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:10 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:As expected, Graham's season is over, as he's been put in IR today. Geno Hayes, who was having a pretty good season playing in special teams, also goes to IR.

tought break for Graham and the Bucs. I like that guy alot. He is a great story.

Yep. Dunn is still a good back, but Graham and him were a great combo, Dunn for his elusiveness and Graham for his... well, everything else. He's the one that gets the tough yards (not that Dunn's come easy, mind you), he's the one that gets the short yardage carries, he's the one that gets the goal line carries...

We just lose so much without him that I don't know what will happen to our running game. According to Gruden, Caddy will get a few carries against Detroit and, if he feels alright, that number will increase game by game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:01 pm
Seems like every team can have a nutcase on its roster. Here's ours:

WHAT'S IN A NAME? Bucs defensive end Greg White has decided to follow the lead of Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson – er, Ocho Cinco.

No, White isn't turning into a loudmouth or looking to become a wide receiver. He is, however, planning to change his name.

By the time the year is out, White will officially be known as Stylez G. White instead of just Greg White.

Why?

"You can always remember Stylez White,'' White said. "Greg White, nobody knows Greg White."

Quarterbacks know him. White made a name for himself last year when he led the Bucs with eight sacks and seven forced fumbles.

White hasn't been quite so proficient this year. He has just 3.5 sacks and is yet to force a fumble. If that doesn't change, it won't matter what his name is, people will have a hard time remembering him.

But White isn't changing his name with football in mind. He's got bigger plans that may include a career in politics.

"I want people to judge me off who I am, not what I am," he said. "And I want to do more for the community. I want to make a difference in people's lives."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:49 pm
HUGE Bucs fan tonight. Or at least a fan of their defense. I my main fantasy league I am up by 20 in my playoff game this week and he has D. Williams going tonight. He has the tie breaker so Williams MUST not be allowed to score 20pts!

GO TAMPA!
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:10 pm
Big blow to the Bucs. Had a chance to win this division, but it may seem that it won't happen. They should become a wild card, but going to Atlanta next week and the NFC South being 24-2 AT HOME... crazy feat by the way; it's going to be tough.

If anything, the Bucs D let down tonight against this Panthers offense. They let both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart run wild on them, a combined 301 yards on by the two with 4 rushing TD's.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:11 pm
bada wrote:HUGE Bucs fan tonight. Or at least a fan of their defense. I my main fantasy league I am up by 20 in my playoff game this week and he has D. Williams going tonight. He has the tie breaker so Williams MUST not be allowed to score 20pts!

GO TAMPA!

Tough break, Bada. I'm pretty sure DeAngelo scored more than that...

The Mr. Crackerz jinx lives on!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:49 am
xbay wrote:If anything, the Bucs D let down tonight against this Panthers offense. They let both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart run wild on them, a combined 301 yards on by the two with 4 rushing TD's.

Yep... without having watched the game, only thing I can say is... f*ck!!!

I wasn't expecting this. I knew our running D would have their hands full and probably would allow more yards than against any other team this year, but 300 yards and 4 TDs???. That's crazy.

I'd give props to the Panthers but... you know, it's Carolina... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:25 am
TMC wrote:
xbay wrote:If anything, the Bucs D let down tonight against this Panthers offense. They let both DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart run wild on them, a combined 301 yards on by the two with 4 rushing TD's.

Yep... without having watched the game, only thing I can say is... f*ck!!!

I wasn't expecting this. I knew our running D would have their hands full and probably would allow more yards than against any other team this year, but 300 yards and 4 TDs???. That's crazy.

I'd give props to the Panthers but... you know, it's Carolina... :wink:

Now... about Michael Turner and Matt Ryan next week. :wink:

Like I said, next week's game will be huge for the Bucs. They need to maintain that wild card. The Falcons' wild card hopes were damaged, but they can recover by damaging the Bucs' wild card hopes. And with Dallas and Philly still in the running, it's going to be very close. It'll all come down to the last game of the season, if anything. The NFC South is 24-2 at home against the rest of the division. Crazy, so this is very important for Tampa to steal one.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 am
ARGGGG!

I HATE Tampa! :wink:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:25 pm
It's official. Monte Kiffin will join Lane at the University of Tennessee.

TMC, thoughts?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm
xbay wrote:TMC, thoughts?

My left nut is itching.

To make matters worse, my new boss is a b*tch. I have to stay on duty instead of being allowed to come back home during christmas. I'll get my holidays AFTER christmas. F*ck. That's probably the cause of that itch.

Oh, you meant about Monte... :mrgreen:

Well, it's been rumored for a while, so it shouldn't really come as a big surprise. Monte has had a great tenure with the Bucs, but nobody is irreplaceable. Still, it's gonna be tough to swallow, all things considered.

There seem to be two options to replace him after the year. The favorite should be Raheem Morris, our secondary coach, who has a ton of experience working under Monte, but there are also rumors about some members of the team being interested in signing Rod Marinelli as Kiffin's replacement (if Rod is fired, as expected, after the regular season). Personally, I'd like Morris to be given the chance to prove himself.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:53 pm
I think Monte's departure is going to be bigger than everyone may think. Sorta like Norv's departure from the Niners. Don't know much about your coaching staff, so I can't really say much. As long they keep the same players on D... maybe get some guys for the future, and they should be fine. Although, something tells me Monte's departure may affect this team more than I'd like to believe.
Last edited by xbay on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board