Help with a computer problem

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:50 am
Guys, I hope some of you can help me with this problem on my computer. TMC has tried, but we have not come to a solution.

I have been unable to open Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) files for about four weeks now. What happens is that I double click the files, the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 image appears (as it does everytime I open a .pdf file) and stays up for a few minutes until it disappears and the file doesn't open. This takes all the computer's memory for those few minutes.

This hasn't happened before ever, I've tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it (tried this three times), but still the same thing happens. Today I got a program that cleans the registry (hoping that that might do the trick), but still the same thing happens.

I hope someone knows how to get over this problem, without me having to reinstall Windows XP Pro again.

All help is appreciated

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 am
If, after cleaning the registry and re-installing acrobat again, still keeps happening, I'm lost here, buddy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:38 pm
TMC wrote:If, after cleaning the registry and re-installing acrobat again, still keeps happening, I'm lost here, buddy.

I just don't understand how this could have happened. Hopefully someone else can come up with some sort of solution otherwise I'll have to install XP again

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:44 pm
why such an old version of Adobe?
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:46 pm
bada wrote:why such an old version of Adobe?

Hes in Australia!...........they dont even have broadband yet! or cellular phones :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:00 pm
bigstrads wrote:

Hes in Australia!...........they dont even have broadband yet! or cellular phones :mrgreen:

And you're in England. You don't have... sun. I say migya wins. :evil4:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:46 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Hey, as you may be able to tell.............Im a Winter kind of guy! I love it...........and HATE summer (especially English summers)

So Ill take my broadband and cell phones, over living like a lizard please. :wink:

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

Hey, as you may be able to tell.............Im a Winter kind of guy! I love it...........and HATE summer (especially English summers)

So Ill take my broadband and cell phones, over living like a lizard please. :wink:

well their is always the bay area.....BEST OF ALL WORLDS
I had the meaning but missed the experience.
T.S. Eliot
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:34 pm

What's the newest version, haven't checked. I got this version about a year ago and it did the job more than well enough. Will check for a newer version and hopefully that will work

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:38 pm
bigstrads wrote:

You need to get out more before you go on like that without knowing :wink:

Broadband here is just fine, up to 24,000k. Mobiles are very advanced, though I have a simple one, just don't want to spend my hard earned money on a mini computer.

TMC's right though, we have sun over here and lots of it, something you probably have never seen :)

Something else we have lots of, that goes with the sun, that you also probably haven't seen much of, is hot looking women. Summer has arrived and I'll be having the luxury of seeing the hottest chiks in the world in skimpy bathing suits on the hottest beaches in the world :D

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:10 am
migya wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

You need to get out more before you go on like that without knowing :wink:

Broadband here is just fine, up to 24,000k. Mobiles are very advanced, though I have a simple one, just don't want to spend my hard earned money on a mini computer.

TMC's right though, we have sun over here and lots of it, something you probably have never seen :)

Something else we have lots of, that goes with the sun, that you also probably haven't seen much of, is hot looking women. Summer has arrived and I'll be having the luxury of seeing the hottest chiks in the world in skimpy bathing suits on the hottest beaches in the world :D

Wow, thanks Mig!!!............I was sooooo wrong wasnt I...........man, I REALLY didnt know you guys ACTUALLY had all that. :roll: :mrgreen:

Ill take my smartly dressed, liberated, intelligent, free women over a bunch of beat down, man fearing bimbos any day. :wink:

JOEL wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

well their is always the bay area.....BEST OF ALL WORLDS

Exactly!!! another reason why the bay area is perfect for me............ :cry:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:25 am
bigstrads wrote:
migya wrote:You need to get out more before you go on like that without knowing :wink:

Wow, thanks Mig!!!............I was sooooo wrong wasnt I...........man, I REALLY didnt know you guys ACTUALLY had all that. :roll: :mrgreen:

Ill take my smartly dressed, liberated, intelligent, free women over a bunch of beat down, man fearing bimbos any day. :wink:

Noone said not to love and be faithful to your woman, but if you don't like to look at hot looking biches showing off their bodies, you are not the man I thought you were :shock: :mrgreen:

Return to Off-Topic Forum