Which is the most talented team in the nba

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:05 pm
Alright, since our team is so chocabloc full of talent and plays accordingly ( :mrgreen: ) let's talk about who each one of us thinks is the most talented team in the nba, regardless of win/loss record.

Be honest, noone's opinion out does your own so say what you think about which team you think is the most TALENTED and why.

I think the Utah Jazz are now the most talented team. They were pretty much six players deep last season I thought but this season have had some emerging players. With Kirilenko getting back into some form, Millsap showing he starting PF quality since Boozer has been injured (possibly leading to a trade of Boozer or evenletting him go this offseason), Korver shooting hot in spurts, Brevin Knight showing he is still a quality distributing PG, Ronnie Brewer still improving and a solid starting SG and CJ Miles being a surprise and a solid swingman himself. Harpring is still injured and he is a good reserve and role player. They still have Deron, Boozer and Okur, one of the best trios in the nba. They could well be real championship material this season, especially once they are close to full health because the bench guys who have had alot of court time lately will be no strangers to performing when needed

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:26 pm
I actually think Portland are. They go real deep and are still so young
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:32 pm
Quazza wrote:I actually think Portland are. They go real deep and are still so young

They have the potential to be, but are not there yet. I think the Lakers have the most talent, with inside and outside threats of kobe and Gasol, with Bynum starting to realize his potential, Odom, and role players Fisher, Radmonavic, Vujacic, Walton, Farmar, and Ariza.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:40 am
JayPat wrote:
Quazza wrote:I actually think Portland are. They go real deep and are still so young

They have the potential to be, but are not there yet. I think the Lakers have the most talent, with inside and outside threats of kobe and Gasol, with Bynum starting to realize his potential, Odom, and role players Fisher, Radmonavic, Vujacic, Walton, Farmar, and Ariza.

You know what, I don't see the Lakers as that talented at all and think they are getting alot out of average at best players like Fisher and Farmer. Odom now looks really out of place and isn't liking it. Bynum can do well but is really just a rebounder and shot blocker right now, sort of like Dalembert is for the sixers. Even Gasol, who is talented, isn't producing a heap on that team. They are winning as a team but on talent, I personally don't see them as that loaded

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:45 am
Talent wise? Trail Blazers.

You can give it to the Lakers, as well. But I find the Blazers as the deeper team. And since you asked Most Talented, I chose the Blazers. Their bench is 12-men deep and they have a ton young guns on that squad to contribute in replace of another player if someone is struggling.

IMO, "Best Team" and "Most Talented" are two different things. Lakers are the "Best Team," Blazers are "Most Talented."
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:28 am
xbay wrote:Talent wise? Trail Blazers.

IMO, "Best Team" and "Most Talented" are two different things. Lakers are the "Best Team," Blazers are "Most Talented."

spot on

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:48 am
I think the most talented team is the Detroit Pistons... they draft really well except for Darko. They make the playoff finals consistantly.. maybe a little too consistantly. They have a really talented roster.

I think the trailblazers will get there eventually. But right now its all potential apart from Brandon, LMA and Rudy.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:53 am
saintdee wrote:I think the most talented team is the Detroit Pistons... they draft really well except for Darko. They make the playoff finals consistantly.. maybe a little too consistantly. They have a really talented roster.

I think the trailblazers will get there eventually. But right now its all potential apart from Brandon, LMA and Rudy.

Do you mean the Pistons are the most talented right now or over the last few years

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:53 am
Cmon Quazza and Xbay. Portland the most talented team? your logic is giving me a headache (see bigs avatar).

TMC said it perfectly, POTENTIALLY they are the best team, but there no where near that yet. This one is simple, its the reining champions (which hurts me to say). KG and Pierce are still playing at or close to their best ball. Allen's game has stepped down a little, but is still a threat. And then their is Rajon Rondo, the most underrated player in the NBA, my BOLD Prediction Most Improve player of the year guy, and having him on 2 of my 3 fantasy leagues, i know the kid can ball.

Also, there position role players are young (xept house), energetic, and have the passion to win (Allen, Powe, Perkins all quality role players).
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:33 am
lakers have the most talent

kobe
gasol
bynum
odom
radmanovic
vujacic
fisher
farmar
ariza
the list goes on...
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:11 pm
Migya,
You mention Boozer. Right now I'm looking for a quick fix out of this morass. Do you think it's possible, particularly if the Jazz become plagued with more injuries, that they'd be willing to trade Boozer, maybe for Magette, Wright and Bellinelli? Or Maggs and Crawford for 2 expirers, Boozer and Harpring? With that first trade, it could look good.

Crawford/CJ
Monta/Morrow
Jackson/Az
Boozer/ Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf
War Years
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:13 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Cmon Quazza and Xbay. Portland the most talented team? your logic is giving me a headache (see bigs avatar).

TMC said it perfectly, POTENTIALLY they are the best team, but there no where near that yet. This one is simple, its the reining champions (which hurts me to say). KG and Pierce are still playing at or close to their best ball. Allen's game has stepped down a little, but is still a threat. And then their is Rajon Rondo, the most underrated player in the NBA, my BOLD Prediction Most Improve player of the year guy, and having him on 2 of my 3 fantasy leagues, i know the kid can ball.

Also, there position role players are young (xept house), energetic, and have the passion to win (Allen, Powe, Perkins all quality role players).

you contradict yourself. you even highlight the word POTENTIALLY when talking about the BEST team. That's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about TALENT, not who's the best. For instance, i think AR is one of the most talented rookies in the league but he's no where near the best.

Huge difference between most talented and best my friend
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:43 pm
I think there's a difference between most talented and most dominant. Boston is the most dominant. The Lakers are the most talented.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:50 pm
War Years wrote:Migya,
You mention Boozer. Right now I'm looking for a quick fix out of this morass. Do you think it's possible, particularly if the Jazz become plagued with more injuries, that they'd be willing to trade Boozer, maybe for Magette, Wright and Bellinelli? Or Maggs and Crawford for 2 expirers, Boozer and Harpring? With that first trade, it could look good.

Crawford/CJ
Monta/Morrow
Jackson/Az
Boozer/ Randolph
Biedrins/Turiaf

I'd do that tade immediately, but the Jazz wouldn't do it, they know what non winners Maggette and Crawford are and they don't need them either. Offering the first trade you said, they might go for, as BWright is a young, versatile big that they might see having potential.

Getting Boozer with a coach like Avery would be a great fit

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 pm
Quazza wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Cmon Quazza and Xbay. Portland the most talented team? your logic is giving me a headache (see bigs avatar).

you contradict yourself. you even highlight the word POTENTIALLY when talking about the BEST team. That's not what we're talking about here. We are talking about TALENT, not who's the best. For instance, i think AR is one of the most talented rookies in the league but he's no where near the best.

Huge difference between most talented and best my friend

:roll:

Fine then, most TALENTED team is the Celtics, which...guess what, happen to be the BEST team.
Next

Return to NBA Forum