Boxing Fans?

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:43 pm
Check-out tonight’s fight schedule on HBO at 7:15 Pacific

Watching Katsidis fight is an incredible treat; he’s a throwback fighter and the new Arturo Gatti (ultimate blood and guts warrior).

He’s going up against Juan Diaz who is also relentless and seemingly indefatigable. (Great guy, too.) This will be a tremendous, high-octane, and non-stop action fight in a phone booth.

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/events/2008/0 ... index.html
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm
So, are you guys watching the BIG FIGHT this Saturday? I’m really rooting for Manny to put Oscar into retirement!
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:25 am
CjR wrote:So, are you guys watching the BIG FIGHT this Saturday? I’m really rooting for Manny to put Oscar into retirement!

I am I'm rooting for Oscar De La Hoya, i cant stand Pac beating Another Mexican LOL
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:11 pm
i know ill be watching the fight... its just a matter of which house party to hit up... Bunch of drunk guys screaming at the TV always fun. Of course since I'm filipino there is some bias towards Manny... but i still think its gonna be a tough and great fight. As pointed out earlier... DLH has been fighting people around his weight class for years... manny has only fought in middleweight this past year. In terms of exp. DLH has the exp. We know what he will bring to the table... as far manny, we won't know what to expect from him... he can bring something totally new to the table that we are not accustomed to. Hell look at his fight against Diaz... I for one didn't expect dominance like that.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Manny! Manny! Manny!

I think because DLH is 34, he'll lose this one. It'll be VERY close, but I think Pacquiao will take it in the end.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:59 pm
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbMd4QOsfDA[/youtube]

Funny commercial
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:39 pm
xbay wrote:Manny! Manny! Manny!

I think because DLH is 34, he'll lose this one. It'll be VERY close, but I think Pacquiao will take it in the end.

+1

mannys the man!
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:26 pm
Viz wrote:i know ill be watching the fight... its just a matter of which house party to hit up... Bunch of drunk guys screaming at the TV always fun.

I know what you mean; big fights are always a blast. As for me, it’s our Christmas party, and we’re ordering the fight. Talk about leaving the ladies all dressed-up by themselves. :mrgreen:

And, Viz, nice commercial. Check out this one for Red Horse. Ever tried this Filipino beer? It's been a while but it's a damn good one. And check out this gorgeous Pinay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5g9wKfTFA[/youtube]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 pm
No one talking about Pacquiao straight up dominating DLH? His speed and agility made this fight look extremely lopsided. Pacquiao is just too fast, too quick, too powerful. DLH is just not Oscar De La Hoya, anymore.

PACQUIAO!!!!! :D

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm
xbay wrote:No one talking about Pacquiao straight up dominating DLH? His speed and agility made this fight look extremely lopsided. Pacquiao is just too fast, too quick, too powerful. DLH is just not Oscar De La Hoya, anymore.

Is this the end of boxing? Paq trying to go into Politics, DLH is obviously done. I mean the sport has been dying for a while, and this was clearly the fight we'd be waiting for. I don't know what other fight i'd be interested in a while.

Lets hope I'm wrong, and those promoters use some good propaganda to persuade me to watch
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:49 pm
xbay wrote:No one talking about Pacquiao straight up dominating DLH? His speed and agility made this fight look extremely lopsided. Pacquiao is just too fast, too quick, too powerful. DLH is just not Oscar De La Hoya, anymore.

You know I will, just a little late. :mrgreen:

Manny! Manny! Manny! I’m so proud of this guy right now, it’s indescribable.

Anyhow, too easy of a fight for Manny. He controlled the tempo and froze DLH in his tracks with his southpaw style, movement, and quickness. The only round (maybe) I gave to Oscar was the 2nd. Manny went to the body early with thundering and crisp shots and this paid dividends towards the later rounds. And as soon as Manny began walking-down DLH a bit, I knew he had the fight totally because DLH does not fight well going backward. Manny did respect DLH's power. That's why he was patient, waited for Oscar to commit, and was content in just outpointing him.

DLH’s punches couldn’d find the mark, and Manny was mostly out of DLH’s punching range with him circling around (to DLH's right) avioding his big left hook. Manny's superb footwork allowed him to just pop-shot/counter DLH pretty much at will.

DLH’s corner punked out and it was a big-time p*ssy-ass move. They knew that DLH was about to get knocked out!
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:09 pm
who will win if Pacquaio VS Jet Lee... :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:48 pm
The thing is DLH didn't even put up a fight. There are ton of DLH supporters I know, and they're all feeling upset that DLH's effort was extremely poor. I can't believe he gave up like that. He should of just at least gave the 9th round a try. So what if he gets knocked out? I rather go down trying than quit on the spot. Not really a way to end a career.

To be honest, this fight was really about the money. That's all Oscar wanted... the money.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:46 pm
Yeah, like I said, he definitely punked-out and was scared to get knocked out, plain and simple. He has to be regretting this ‘cause that stigma will haunt him for the rest of his life—whether he's only after the money or not.

The thing is, there was actually an occasion or two where he slightly staggered Manny with single shots, so he had to know he still had a puncher’s chance. Bottom line, you go down fighting and leave it out on the ring, period.

As for Manny, I didn't hear the post fight interviews, but Ricky Hatton next, or possibly Even Mayweather coming out of retirement?

Manny Pacquiao: sound-for-sound, round-for-round, pound-for-pound!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 am
Yeah, it seems those two are going to be his next opponent. I think it'll be Mayweather, but I can see it being Hatton as well. Either way, it's going to be a great fight no matter whomever he fights between the two.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board