NFL Pick'em - 08-09 Season

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:22 pm
RAIDERS!!!! vs Chargeless - rest of picks to follow.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:13 pm
Bada's Week 14 Picks

note: you boys are running out of time to catch me. You gotta make a move this week! :wink:

THU, DEC 4
Oakland at San Diego - Only thing uglier than watching the Raiders play is to watch them play in 3D! (waiting with baited breath for a pawno seahawk comment)

SUN, DEC 7
Jacksonville at Chicago - Chicago needs a win bad to stay in the race and Jacksonville appears to have quit.

Minnesota at Detroit - Will the DL play or not play for Minny. I say who cares... Peterson will have a field day against a defense I think I could put 75 yards rushing against.

Houston at Green Bay - Great win by Houston on Monday night but they will wilt in the cold.

Cleveland at Tennessee - Ken Dorsey at QB = LOSS (even though he went to my High School)

Cincinnati at Indianapolis - Indy is peaking at the right time.

Atlanta at New Orleans - Very interesting game. I will go with the home team

Philadelphia at NY Giants - Giants always seem to prevail with adversity.

Kansas City at Denver - Denver will take care of business after watching the Chargers pick up a game on Thursday night

Miami at Buffalo - QB mess in Buffalo makes me stay away from picking the home team in this one.

NY Jets at San Francisco - I really think SF can pull off the upset in this one but I will error on the side of caution.

New England at Seattle - I think Seattle will play much more aggresive but NE is desparate for a win right now.

St. Louis at Arizona - Warner will light it up in the return to the Dome

Dallas at Pittsburgh - Pitt's D is just too tough.

Washington at Baltimore - Dont think the Skins can beat this D on the road.

MON, DEC 8

Tampa Bay at Carolina - GREAT GAME on Monday night. If Carolina cant run, they are not very good. Tampa will not let them run on them.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:05 pm
bada wrote:note: you boys are running out of time to catch me. You gotta make a move this week! :wink:

Hey, you just had the luck that I wasn't able to watch games til 3 weeks ago...

Ok, I won't be able to post during the whole weekend, so I'm gonna post my picks now.

THU, DEC 4
Oakland at San Diego - As I said before, because I say so...

SUN, DEC 7
Jacksonville at Chicago - Orton, wake the f*ck up!!!. My playoff fantasy team is on your shoulders!!!

Minnesota at Detroit - If AP ends the day with 300 yards and 6 TDs, I still wouldn't be surprised.

Houston at Green Bay - If Green Bay doesn't make the playoffs, it won't be because of their offense or secondary. Their run D will be to blame.

Cleveland at Tennessee - Almost a bye for the Titans.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis - Almost a bye for Indy.

Atlanta at New Orleans - Key game for the NFC playoffs. If Atlanta wins it, it's over for 'Nawlins. I'm willing to bet on The Burner runnign wild against the Saints D. A heck of a game, in any case.

Philadelphia at NY Giants - Who cares if Plax plays or not?

Kansas City at Denver - I've got a feeling that it won't be an easy win for the Donkeys, but they'll still get it. KC still doesn't have the talent to beat them on the road.

Miami at Buffalo - Don't know why. Really. Both are looking bad lately, but somebody has to win.

NY Jets at San Francisco - The J-E-T-S have to W-I-N. P-E-R-I-O-D.

New England at Seattle - The Pats win. I'd add something else, but I don't feel like the Seahawks deserve it at this point of their season.

St. Louis at Arizona - Arizona is gonna have a bye just because their division sucks. How lame is that?.

Dallas at Pittsburgh - What Bada said.

Washington at Baltimore - What Bada said. Also, the Skins are overachieving, but failing against the really good teams.

MON, DEC 8

Tampa Bay at Carolina - GAME OF THE WEEK. This game will decide the NFC South and who gets home court til the NFC game. The Bucs have allowed (read this carefully) just ONE rushing TD in the whole season. If we're able to limit DeAngelo Williams and, to a lesser extent, Stewart, while not making mistakes on offense, the game is ours to lose.

GO BUCS!!!
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:16 pm
THU, DEC 4
Oakland at San Diego

SUN, DEC 7
Jacksonville at Chicago

Minnesota at Detroit -

Houston at Green Bay

Cleveland at Tennessee

Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Atlanta at New Orleans

Philadelphia at NY Giants

Kansas City at Denver -

Miami at Buffalo

NY Jets at San Francisco

New England at Seattle

St. Louis at Arizona

Dallas at Pittsburgh

Washington at Baltimore

MON, DEC 8

Tampa Bay at Carolina
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:37 am
THU, DEC 4
Oakland at San Diego- I picked them to win earlier, so don't worry... I'm not cheating on this pick. Although, it may take a miracle to come back and overcome Bada's lead.

SUN, DEC 7
Jacksonville at Chicago- Bears need this to keep up with Minny.

Minnesota at Detroit - Regardless of whether the Williams' plugging up the hole this Sunday or not, AP and Taylor will lead this team to the win.

Houston at Green Bay- Texans had their fun last Monday, now back to reality.

Cleveland at Tennessee- Titans clinch the division here..

Cincinnati at Indianapolis- Indy is "wild card or bust," so they can't afford to lose the winnable ones.

Atlanta at New Orleans- The Saints defense is ailing, and despite the offense back at full strength, they're going to have to play defense to win this one and I just don't see it happening.

Philadelphia at NY Giants- Despite the distractions, the Giants even further hurt the Eagles wild card hopes and clinch the division.

Kansas City at Denver- Depends which Broncos team we'll see... but the Broncos need this to clinch the division.

Miami at Buffalo- The Bills are a mess at QB, Miami is still smelling for playoffs.

NY Jets at San Francisco- The Jets are coming off a bad loss last week and Farve is 7-0 at Candlestick... make that 8-0 for Farve and another step closer for the Jets at the division title.

New England at Seattle- Pats need this to keep the division title up in the air for another week.

St. Louis at Arizona- Regardless of Jackson back, the Cards are just too good for them.

Dallas at Pittsburgh- Close game, but I think Pitt's D wins this one for them.

Washington at Baltimore- Close game, but the Ravens at home helps them win this one as they have been on a roll lately going 6-1 in the last 7.

MON, DEC 8

Tampa Bay at Carolina- NFC South teams are a combined 22-2 at home this season when playing division opponents. Tampa has been on a roll, but I think the Panthers escape with this one in the end.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 pm
Let's forget yesterday game....

my complete pick for this week...No Pics this week

Chicago = Good D + Forte will have good game.

Vikings = Can anyone in Detroit stop A.P

Green Bay = They need victory, to get the wild card for playoff

Indy = It's about Manning and Wayne

Saints = Reggie Bush will completely 100% healthy

Giants = This will be a really close game, but Giant will win by single digit

Titans = I predict this one will be less scoring game.

Buffalo = Wild cat formation will hit the wall against Buffalo

Broncos = Despite some 'Sugar' in his body, Cutler will have a good game

Jets = 49ers are looking good recently they might get to playoff if the season start this week but Jets are tough to beat.

Patriot = Seattle already aiming for high draft pick next year

Cardinals = Even with S.Jackson, Rams still need some miracle to win this one.

Dallas = Wow ....it took me few months to considering who will win...

Ravens = I might be wrong about this one, but Defense win game

Tampa Bay = Carolina is good but the 'fake' pirates are tough to beat.

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyy

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:13 pm
Mr. Crackerz BOLD predictions: LAST WEEK DIDNT WORK, LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW EDITION: Colors/Jerseys edition!

Jacksonville at Chicago- The Bears have similar colors to the SF Giants!

Minnesota at Detroit - I graduated high school in Purple.... that and I'm no way choosing the Lions!

Houston at Green Bay- Red/White/Blue vs. Green.... poor green, he is all alone... Not anymore!

Cleveland at Tennessee- Ugh... Brown... which is really orange...

Cincinnati at Indianapolis- Like its Ohio Neighbor, nasty uniforms... plus Indy blue is the best color.

Atlanta at New Orleans- Black and Gold is pretty cool. Represents Oil and Gold, which shows power.

Philadelphia at NY Giants- Philly has some sick dark green color, to go with the while and silver. Giants have that awesome red alternative jerseys, and simple but sweet blue main ones.

Kansas City at Denver- Kansas City have arguable the ugliest jerseys in the game. Denver's colors are a bad mix. I would choose neither, but i need the points.

Miami at Buffalo- Yeah Buffalo's colors are pretty cool. There like a more bolder giants color team, similar to Houston. Which is pretty cool. Beats lame aqua blue

NY Jets at San Francisco- Sadly, SF's colors represents the blood that resulted from the goldrush. So because of this, they dont get my vote!

New England at Seattle- Man, New England has those great colors llike mentioned earlier... but have you seen the any team with sicker neon green gear like Seattle. This one's for you [bada] (the pick, not the Budweiser)!

St. Louis at Arizona- Yeah, Arizona has these dark red, with the white, plus the design on the jerseys at home are sweet. Plus, i still have those funny looking pre 2000 Rams Jerseys stuck in my head.

Dallas at Pittsburgh- teams with silver will automatically win my vote (again, except the Lions).

Washington at Baltimore- Most people disagree with me, but i hate redskins jerseys. B-more isnt much better, but its a little.

Tampa Bay at Carolina- These colors will do! (Don't fall out of ur chair TMC)
Image[/b]
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:18 am
LOOK GUYS... I'M NOT POSTING PREVIEWS THIS WEEK. STILL UPSET ABOUT THE RAIDERS LOSS. I'm just going to go for most of the home teams.

Sun. Dec. 7th
Skins @ Ravens
Jaguars @ Bears
Vikings @ Lions
Texans @ Packers
Bengals @ Colts
Falcons @ Saints
Eagles @ Giants
Browns @ Titans
Dolphins @ Bills
Chiefs @ Broncos
Jets @ Niners
Rams @ Cards
Cowboys @ Steelers
Patriots @ Seahawks

Mon. Dec. 8th
Bucs @ Panthers

PS BADA YOU SUCK PATRIOTS DICK :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:21 am
**** **** **** BITCH DICK
Last edited by PAWNO on Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:23 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:**** **** **** BITCH

Ummm... im just curious but why is the word sh!t starred out and the words **** **** and bitch still viewable. I thought there was a no swear word rule?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:06 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:**** **** **** BITCH

Ummm... im just curious but why is the word sh!t starred out and the words **** **** and bitch still viewable. I thought there was a no swear word rule?

yeah i still dont get that.

It's lame, cuz i dont swear with the exception of the word sh*t. That world should be available IMO and then take the other ones out as their much worse.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:48 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Better to be on top then on bottom... Or at least that is what your boyfriend says.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:49 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:

Better to be on top then on bottom... .

Like the Raiders being on top of the Seahawks on the WIN/LOSS ladder..

BOOM!!!

Looks like the Seahawks are actually the Seasexslaves :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:58 am
Okay, Bada has an 8-game lead. Also, TMC and Mr. Crackerz are still battling for 3rd place.

Rob overtook GSW by a game.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:42 pm
Saints @ Bears - I think the Saints steal one here.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board