Personalities Found in the College Campus

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:20 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:How about the Older Foreign speaking Teacher.

This teacher has a thick accent, and probably a thicker pair of glasses to match.He acts as though he is a commando, an absolute drill sergant, pushing out orders instead a lecture. Most are found in the math department. Just because its numbers doesn't mean English launguge can just be by-passed. Popular at using short prhases "Listen" U do like dis" because english is so poor.

I had math class with a teacher with a strong Russian Accent.
First Day of class he let it be known who was boss. I remember him shouting in broken English he "was not afraid to fail anybody" he said in a class of 23 students he proudly stated that only 2 passed.

Then if you were talking while he gave lecture that was trouble. He single out a kid one time, he point at him for like 5 minutes and shouted " I will make your life miserable u hear me". And he went on, and on at the kid.

The foreign accent teacher is very prevalent in the Political Science department. They're not necessarily old, but it doesn't matter, I still can't understand what the hell they're saying.

I also had one in my Chem 101 class, thankfully it was only Chem 101 and it was really basic stuff otherwise I would have failed hardcore 'cause I learned nothing from her lectures.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:42 pm
Not understanding how a teacher teaches is one thing, but with an accent to top it off, it could be a long quarter.

I dropped that class in about a week, I knew i was going to be wasting my time as well a money. Now i go to ratemyprofessor.com and get feed back on what teacher to select for a class.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:29 pm
Also, the foreign professor is huge in the languages department... ok im joking.

But in all seriousness, I'm an econ minor, and half my econ classes are being taught by foreign born. Ive had a German, Chinese, and Polish so far.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:18 pm
where do/did you guys go to school? major?

I just graduated from the University of the Pacific (go tigers!) in May, majoring in biology. I may go back in the spring to bump up my gpa so I can get into grad school or dental school. I'm also like 2 classes away from an engineering minor.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:21 pm
I go to San Diego State, I should be **fingers crossed** graduating in May with a degree in Political Science. Unless I land my dream job I will probably go back to school, but I have no idea what for yet.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 pm
carlgo wrote:Rich kids: Yeah, I resented the guys with Porches and Corvettes. I went into a bike shop in Santa Barbara where the cheapest bike was $3K and many were over 6!

my friend and I would occasionally (twice over 3 years OK) pee on the door latch of this rich ass hole's souped up 350Z . it felt good :) . it didn't hurt his car btw.
:mrgreen:
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:09 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:I go to San Diego State, I should be **fingers crossed** graduating in May with a degree in Political Science. Unless I land my dream job I will probably go back to school, but I have no idea what for yet.

hey i went there for 2 years capt. good ol STDSU, fun times, exciting greek/dorm life...ahhh the memories
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:15 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I go to San Diego State, I should be **fingers crossed** graduating in May with a degree in Political Science. Unless I land my dream job I will probably go back to school, but I have no idea what for yet.

hey i went there for 2 years capt. good ol STDSU, fun times, exciting greek/dorm life...ahhh the memories

Yeah, I don't really get into that. It took me a while to start school so I'm older than most of the kids there, plus I'm just in a different place in my life. I like to go out and have fun and stuff, but greek life is not for me.

I do still love PB though!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:22 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

Yeah, I don't really get into that. It took me a while to start school so I'm older than most of the kids there, plus I'm just in a different place in my life. I like to go out and have fun and stuff, but greek life is not for me.

u follow the bball team at all? They been alright these last 5 years. When i was there, it was all about Marcus Slaughter and Brandon Heath tearing it up. They went to the tourny one year, almost upset Indiana. I went to like 10 games that year, the atmosphere in that pit they call an arena.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:27 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

u follow the bball team at all? They been alright these last 5 years. When i was there, it was all about Marcus Slaughter and Brandon Heath tearing it up. They went to the tourny one year, almost upset Indiana. I went to like 10 games that year, the atmosphere in that pit they call an arena.

I've been to a couple of games, I like they're style of play, it's very uptempo for a college team. But they're really really small and they don't seem to be getting any real players. They did manage to get a transfer from LSU last year, but then he got caught stealing laptops and isn't playing this season.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:07 am

San Diego treats many women unfairly. The police pick up the unattractive ones and drop them off outside the city limits.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:18 am
carlgo wrote:

San Diego treats many women unfairly. The police pick up the unattractive ones and drop them off outside the city limits.

Hahaha is this why Chula Vista is so ugly?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:51 pm
Funny story.

OK so i'm only in the second class session in my chicano studies class. There mostly mexicans and other latinos in there, but me and my friend ben are exceptions and some other people. SO anyways, this chick, who's not latina (happens to be black) says that she just found out today that spanish comes from the country of Spain. My friend Ben, who is black too, slaps his desk so hard and says, "this is why people think black people are so dumb...because of you" while looking at her.

SO this happened right in the beginning of class, so for the next hour and a half, this chick (her nickname is Star) keeps on raising her hand, saying some pretty dumb stuff. My friend Ben now makes it his mission to rebuttal everything she says, so people dont see his race as dumb, just her.

I think this is gonna be a fun ride to watch.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:01 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Funny story.

OK so i'm only in the second class session in my chicano studies class. There mostly mexicans and other latinos in there, but me and my friend ben are exceptions and some other people. SO anyways, this chick, who's not latina (happens to be black) says that she just found out today that spanish comes from the country of Spain. My friend Ben, who is black too, slaps his desk so hard and says, "this is why people think black people are so dumb...because of you" while looking at her.

SO this happened right in the beginning of class, so for the next hour and a half, this chick (her nickname is Star) keeps on raising her hand, saying some pretty dumb stuff. My friend Ben now makes it his mission to rebuttal everything she says, so people dont see his race as dumb, just her.

Ha ha...I have a funny story too! I was out in PB (college kid hangout) a couple of weeks ago with some friends, 3 of them happen to be black, and these dumbass white kids go to give each other a high five right next to our table and one of them says "What up my n****r!". I've never hated my race so much as I did at that moment...seriously why are white people so stupid? Thankfully my friends all have a sense of humor or else those little white kids would have been pulp on the ground (my two guy friends are both well over 6 ft and HUGE).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Funny story.

Ha ha...I have a funny story too! I was out in PB (college kid hangout) a couple of weeks ago with some friends, 3 of them happen to be black, and these dumbass white kids go to give each other a high five right next to our table and one of them says "What up my n****r!". I've never hated my race so much as I did at that moment...seriously why are white people so stupid? Thankfully my friends all have a sense of humor or else those little white kids would have been pulp on the ground (my two guy friends are both well over 6 ft and HUGE).

haha white people... don't they kno our word is cracker
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum