Personalities Found in the College Campus

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:28 pm
SO I'm in class last Tuesday (ethics class to be exact). Bored as always, and sadly stuck sitting in the front. Darn professor so close, i cant fall asleep. SO i decided to do some daydreaming instead. Heck beats learning about Aristotle and Plato for 16 weeks.

Now today in my Geography class, i was again bored. Didnt have my laptop on me, so i thought 'hey, i should write what i brainstormed the other day' and so i did.

This will be a recurring series, so expect new ones often. Depending on how much time i have, u can see new ones range from once a day or once a week. ENJOY!

PERSONALITIES FOUND IN THE COLLEGE CAMPUS

PART 1 of 11*

(*NOTE: If anyone has anything else to add to this, by all means tell me.)

I. THE HAND-RAISER

---- So this basically implies the person in the class that raises their hand excessively. Someone that raises his/her hand once a class session is not included, and probably encouraged, so I'm not talking about these people. Also, sometimes, some people has numerous questions on a given day, but are generally quiet throughout the semester. That's fine too. The one's I'm talking about are the ones that have there hands up 15 times a day, each class period, throughout the semester. And no this is not an exaggeration! SERIOUSLY!!!People in my Geog 100 class, Ethics 2, and Economic classes know who these people are. These people just cannot put their hand down. Worse, they never miss class days. Except for the Guy in Ethics who talks like comic book guy in The Simpsons and dresses like Indiana Jones minus the whip, He's gone a lot.

There are two subgroups that go with the Hand-Raiser.

1. The Smarty Pants Hand-Raiser- This troll's goal is to outwit, outsmart, and outlast the professor and his/her peers in knowledge. Most times, this person has a gloating look of satisfaction when they have succeeded on doing so. Usually, the stuff is irrelevant to the class anyway and often the subject is too specific on one certain issue, Stephen Hawking would shrug too if he could. Most times, this Smart Ass will possess unique opinions that are isolated with the vast majority of the classroom and society. This Hand-Raiser believes it is his/her duty to educate the world of the life he/she lives in, regardless if anyone cares or not (usually they don't, but this Hand-Raiser does not care if you care, thus making him the victor in annoyance.)

2. The Dumb Asss Hand Raiser- This is probably mean, and when the time comes for those serious job interviews, this portion will be taken out. Until then, let me talk to you about the Dumb Ass Hand-raiser. This moron raises his/her hand so much for questions a fourth grader has the answer too. The professor, holding one's self from laughing, does the best he/she can to answer the question. Yet, the Professor gets frustrated after the 10th week with this Hand-raiser because the same questions are being asked repeatedly. The Professor begins to ignore the hand of this hand-raiser. Yet, the hand-raiser does not care. The Hand-Raiser will evolve to Distant Shouter in order to get his/her stupid questions solved. And thus the Professor has to oblige to this Dumb Ass Hand-raiser for another 6 weeks.

Next time, you will learn about:

II. THE TOKEN OLD STUDENT IN THE CLASS THAT TRIES TO FIT IN WITH THE YOUTH SURROUNDING HIM..... BUT FAILS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:30 pm
I got this going on my myspace too, so for all 2 of u who wanna see it there, where i origionally posted, then go see it there:

and that way, i can get some Kudo points (which is the next best thing then having the actually Kudo's chocolate bar in itself :mrgreen: )
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm
Oi Cracker, how about you post a pic of yourself on the show yourself thread like the rest of us

:wink:

migya make the ring fall on ya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:06 am
migya wrote:Oi Cracker, how about you post a pic of yourself on the show yourself thread like the rest of us

haha Bigs already did it for me. haha the clown. Its outdated by 4 years.

I'm like XBAY, there simply arent photos of me either alone, or of me not embarrassing myself, or outdated. If I did, i'd post it. Go check my myspace if ur that curious, there;s a link through this website under the 'www' button
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:17 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
migya wrote:Oi Cracker, how about you post a pic of yourself on the show yourself thread like the rest of us

I'm like XBAY, there simply arent photos of me either alone, or of me not embarrassing myself, or outdated. If I did, i'd post it. Go check my myspace if ur that curious, there;s a link through this website under the 'www' button

What do you mean?

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:58 pm
migya wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:

What do you mean?

If you go to the links where you can PM, e-mail, etc... there's a "www" link button that you press which will lead you to his myspace.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:12 am
yeah those fvckers annoy me too...

although, I've been that know-it-all guy, but it's mainly been because the teacher asks a question and absolutely NO ONE responds. I'm not smug about it, I just feel bad for the teacher, he/she is dying up there and class is only five minutes in.

regarding the dumb hand raisers...
-I hate those people that think they can get ahead by just going to class and asking questions RATHER THAN THINKING... A lot of kids get by on ONLY memorizing answers and they don't grow because of it.

-don't get me wrong, college is F'ing pricey, and if you get a chance to go, don't be afraid to ask a question even if the teacher gives you shiit for it. YOU PAY their salary. however, think for two seconds before you ask. Part of higher education is learning how to problem solve. probably the most important thing I took away from 3 semesters of calculus was not to panic when a whole bunch of new complicated shiit is thrown at you.

I'll add some other types:

-the socialites - these guys and girls have one reason for coming to class: to talk to their friends. the actual class holds absolutely no value to them. These people regularly complain about coming to class and appear pissed off when the prof. regularly tells them to STFU! the fact that there are about 30 kids trying to learn right next to them does not enter into their heads. you wonder:
A) Dude or Dudet, why even go to class? no ones taking attendance, and your not taking mental or physical notes, so just stay home, chat with your friend and do everyone else in the class a huge favor.
B) Why are you even in college?

-mr./mrs. dress up - usually girls, sometimes metro-sexual guys (or gay guys), basically make you feel like a dirty piece of shiit for coming to class in sweat pants and a tee shirt. They seriously show up for Biochemistry at 8:00AM 3 days a week, dressed to the nines like they're going clubbing after class. Maybe you try to hang with them (esp if they're a hot chick) for a few months but they always beat you. I was friends with this chick that would seriously get up at 5:30AM every day to start putting on makeup and figure out what she was going to wear!
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:42 am
A few more:

Hot girl: It must be a trip knowing all the guys would do you, and so would many of the girls, because she is so completely hot and wears hot clothes.

Next president: I remember a guy who was like the son of a state senator or something who dressed in suits and ties, sat next to the prof and never left his side. I would come in with my painting clothes reeking of paint thinner (how I got thru school) and he would actually sneer at me. When the finals, a presentation, came alone my project got an A+ and his a B. He actually shouted, in class, "Oh, no!". The girls hated him, even though he was very handsome and evidently rich.

Bad jock: If you can't make a small college team, you are not that good. So, don't wear your high school jacket and get into fights in the halls.

Snooty ugly girl: A girl who is not attractive can at least be friendly and humorous. And stop pretending your virginity is due to high morals instead of lack of opportunity.

Professors who get it on with students: Every year, a different student. Props to them if they are still doing their job.

Fem profs: Yes, we know you are equal to men, but that doesn't mean you need to try to look like one.

Rich kids: Yeah, I resented the guys with Porches and Corvettes. I went into a bike shop in Santa Barbara where the cheapest bike was $3K and many were over 6!

Don Nelson prof: No student is ready to graduate until they have been there seven years. Gives Fs to some students for a minor grammatical error, while giving As to favored few, even though their work is terrible. Tries to get tenure by undermining the other instructors and getting unfriendly administrators fired. Freezes out a few students every year so they don't feel they are liked or getting educated and so they ransfer out. Drinks in class, sometimes dozes off. Yells at some little foriegn exchange student who is complete bewildered and is afraid of being deported to a country who will torture him. Antagonizes enough people to get fired and then sues for alleged damages of various sorts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:36 am
carlgo and first off, greatness dudes :D

Here is the rest of my list ( i shortened it from the handraisers one)

Remember, everything on my list is based on my (Mr. C's) 4 years of college experience!

2. THE TOKEN OLD STUDENT IN THE CLASS THAT TRIES TO FIT IN WITH THE YOUTH SURROUNDING HIM..... BUT FAILS! - There is always one or two older students per class at Sac State, where im at now. When i was at San Diego state, this didn't apply (so i assume, more colleges are like SDSU then Sac). Anyways back on topic, i have NOTHING against older students in class, as they are some of the greatest people to talk to. What bothers me is when a 40 year old dresses/talks/acts like a 18 year old. This semester i have like three of these guys.

3. THE DUDE THAT TALKS TO HIMSELF- This guy is often incredibly smart, and likes to answer the rhetorical questions asked by his professor. But his answer is incredibly faint, and very quiet, yet only a close few can here him answer it if they try.

4. THE OBSESSIVE TEXTER- who knows, maybe these people are texting for the survival of their lives. Possible? sure! probable? No! These people talk with funny expressions on their faces, they display there emotions for the class to see..." oh, theres jenny texting and she doesn't look happy." I have nothing wrong with texting in general, but man, people take it a bit extreme, and they do it too much.

5. THE LAPTOP SURFER- This person always brings there laptop with them everywhere they go. They bust it out in class, typing hella loud in class, the noisy processor makes it harder to hear the professor, bright shiny displays distracting everyone surrounding them (ok, ok, this is me... hey, at least im courteous and sit in the back to minimize/avoid these things)

6. THE CLUMSY PROFESSOR- this professor never seems to get a break. Each class, he seems to have to appolgize or attempt to be fly but fails. Some examples of errors this guy would do include :bringing the wrong notes for a certain class, breaking his cell phone when it slipped out of his shirt pocket, spill coffee on the test papers, forget his reading glasses and messes up on spelling because of it, not putting the caps on his whiteboad pens so the next time he uses them, there all dry, and more. (NOTE: all this was one professor in just one semester)

I WILL HAVE THE REMAINING SIX LATER, BY ALL MEANS, COMMENT, ADD YOUR OWN STUFF, WHATEVER... LIKE WHAT CARLGO AND FIRST OFF HAVE ALREADY DONE, GOOD STUFF GUYS.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:12 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:5. THE LAPTOP SURFER- This person always brings there laptop with them everywhere they go. They bust it out in class, typing hella loud in class, the noisy processor makes it harder to hear the professor, bright shiny displays distracting everyone surrounding them (ok, ok, this is me... hey, at least im courteous and sit in the back to minimize/avoid these things)

I sit in the back so I can play on message boards and watch Warriors highlights from the night before without anyone looking over my shoulder.

My least favorite people are the OBVIOUSLY book smart people. Carlgo kind of touched on this one, they're the people that do well and get good grades because they can memorize facts, but are in reality dumb as ****. There's this girl in my physiology lab that just says the dumbest things ever. Our TA asked what was filtered FROM the kidney INTO the blood and she yells out "URINE!" all excited. Seriously? You don't have to have taken a physio class to realize that urine does not go into your blood...gross! Who would want urine running through your veins? To her credit, if you want to get technical, urea is the main component of urine and some of it is filtered into your blood, but that is not what she meant. Anyway, I hate those people, they hurt my head.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:21 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:5. THE LAPTOP SURFER- This person always brings there laptop with them everywhere they go. They bust it out in class, typing hella loud in class, the noisy processor makes it harder to hear the professor, bright shiny displays distracting everyone surrounding them (ok, ok, this is me... hey, at least im courteous and sit in the back to minimize/avoid these things)

I sit in the back so I can play on message boards and watch Warriors highlights from the night before without anyone looking over my shoulder.

My least favorite people are the OBVIOUSLY book smart people. Carlgo kind of touched on this one, they're the people that do well and get good grades because they can memorize facts, but are in reality dumb as ****. There's this girl in my physiology lab that just says the dumbest things ever. Our TA asked what was filtered FROM the kidney INTO the blood and she yells out "URINE!" all excited. Seriously? You don't have to have taken a physio class to realize that urine does not go into your blood...gross! Who would want urine running through your veins? To her credit, if you want to get technical, urea is the main component of urine and some of it is filtered into your blood, but that is not what she meant. Anyway, I hate those people, they hurt my head.

haha awesome story Capt... well prolly not for you, but yeah there so many of these people.

In my Local Finance class a month ago, we were talking about the High Speed rail (Prop 1A), and how costly it was going to be. And my professor was talking about the cost of labor and all that, you know was not even included in any of the estimates. And this chick, as serious as she was, blurts out "WE SHOULD MAKE THE PRISONERS BUILD IT!" I had to pinch myself to stop laughing.

But like u said, she has an A, while im barely with a low B, which is rediculous.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:24 pm
The Kindergarten Professor:

This is the professor who believes their students are just thriving to work in groups and solve problems by working as a team. The Kindergarten Professor does not care that it is 8:00am and that you are still in a zombie like state from the previous night. No, the Kindergarten Professor just knows how much fun it is to push those desks together to make one mind into four. And don't bother letting the Professor know that you are the only one doing all the work, for the Kindergarten Professor believes that all are eager to work in groups, especially since we are fresh out of high school and seeking some level of comfort in this strange and new environment.

In all seriousness, this is one of the reasons I quit college. Such a fuckin crock.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:46 pm
speakonitgod wrote:The Kindergarten Professor:

This is the professor who believes their students are just thriving to work in groups and solve problems by working as a team. The Kindergarten Professor does not care that it is 8:00am and that you are still in a zombie like state from the previous night. No, the Kindergarten Professor just knows how much fun it is to push those desks together to make one mind into four. And don't bother letting the Professor know that you are the only one doing all the work, for the Kindergarten Professor believes that all are eager to work in groups, especially since we are fresh out of high school and seeking some level of comfort in this strange and new environment.

In all seriousness, this is one of the reasons I quit college. Such a fuckin crock.

Yeah I hate that. I'm not in school to make friends! I am perfectly capable of working in a group in a work environment. I did it all the time in my old job, where I worked for 6 years...I don't need someone to "help me". I'm here for one reason and one reason only, to get a degree and get the hell out of college, I do not need friends! Not to mention everyone in my classes is at the very least 3 years younger than me...not that 3 years is a lot, but the difference between 21 and 24 is HUGE!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:13 pm
speakonitgod wrote:The Kindergarten Professor:

:D wow... brilliantly put.

This kindergarten professor reminds me of a guy i have now for Ethics class. On the first day, he goes and takes a picture of all of us students individually. How creepy is this ****. Then we're devoting 20 minutes each class just talking about Plato and Aristotle, with our peers (small groups), which we do for zero minutes, meaning we're all just silent, or talking about life in general. Complete waste of time.

Then, by the end of the term, we will rate our peers on substance, attendance (he also takes a whole class attendance in addition), and other stupid sh*t.

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:13 pm
How about the Older Foreign speaking Teacher.

This teacher has a thick accent, and probably a thicker pair of glasses to match.He acts as though he is a commando, an absolute drill sergant, pushing out orders instead a lecture. Most are found in the math department. Just because its numbers doesn't mean English launguge can just be by-passed. Popular at using short prhases "Listen" U do like dis" because english is so poor.

I had math class with a teacher with a strong Russian Accent.
First Day of class he let it be known who was boss. I remember him shouting in broken English he "was not afraid to fail anybody" he said in a class of 23 students he proudly stated that only 2 passed.

Then if you were talking while he gave lecture that was trouble. He single out a kid one time, he point at him for like 5 minutes and shouted " I will make your life miserable u hear me". And he went on, and on at the kid.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum