Want post moves inside for Golden State?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:08 am
I just think that Boozer could be great trade bait for the Jazz. Many teams still like Boozer and think that he will be a star. Jazz should use this to their advantage and get rid of that lug

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:16 am
Well, sure. Like Kenyon Martin, his combination of youth, power, and leaping ability make him appealing. Any team would go for him in hopes of turning his natural ability into actual skill. I'm selling the idea because it usually doesn't work. You can take the most athletic, young stud you find and put him up against a basketball mind and he'll always lose. They're not worth it in the end.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:27 pm
Which is why the Jazz should get rid of him now. In two years, if he hasn't done much, he will be worth less and the Jazz need someone on the inside who will bang and score down low. They have noone really right now who can do that

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:19 pm
Okur's been surprisingly good this season... but Boozer's been a headache. I dunno who'd trade for him. His name is kind of recognizable, so he has a minimal amount of star power to attract buyers, but his game is digusting to watch. NBA GM's who know what they're doing wont go for it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:56 am
#32 wrote:NBA GM's who know what they're doing wont go for it.

Which leaves roughly half the NBA GMs as possible suitors. Not bad.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:42 am
Okur's not really an inside force but more of a jump shooter. The Jazz need him to play big closer to the basket. They have some holes that they need to fill before they are anything special but the potential is there

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:10 am
Nah, that team is awful. They have some talent in players like Deron or AK, but other than that, they're pretty weak.

But they usually play over their possibilities because they have a great coach. If they come close or make the playoffs it will be because of Sloan.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:55 am
Don't underestimate the Jazz, they are an overlooked team but they have the pieces to make the playoffs. Deron is a great playmaker, AK does it all, Okur is scoring and rebounding real well and Giricek can shoot the outside shot well. Boozer, if he is ever anything good, could add to that and they got big men (Collins and Ostertag) that do the dirty work (that's all they can do). They just need to get use to playing together and they could do well.

The Grizzlies are doing quite well also, I thought they would get worse but they have started off great. The additions have outdone the losses and the experience is shining through

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:06 am
migya wrote:Don't underestimate the Jazz, they are an overlooked team but they have the pieces to make the playoffs. Deron is a great playmaker, AK does it all, Okur is scoring and rebounding real well and Giricek can shoot the outside shot well. Boozer, if he is ever anything good, could add to that and they got big men (Collins and Ostertag) that do the dirty work (that's all they can do). They just need to get use to playing together and they could do well.

The Grizzlies are doing quite well also, I thought they would get worse but they have started off great. The additions have outdone the losses and the experience is shining through

Deron is a great playmaker, but still a rookie.

AK does it all except taking over a game scoring (which is key for a team with no reliable scorers).

Okur scores and rebounds a little, and that's all. He's not able to guard anyone.

Giricek still hasn't found a shot he wouldn't take. He's not mr. consistency...

I agree about the Grizz, tho. That team looks really good right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:24 am
I didn't think much of the Grizzlies but they don't look like they are going backwards at all. still don't think they will win a first round series with this team. They would have to do well and get in the top three in the West and then get a team like the TWolves, Jazz, Kings and even the Warriors in the first round

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:45 am
Yeah, it's another case of a team overplaying themselves. That's what great coaches do to their teams, and Fratello is, to me, a top 5 coach.

That team can defend real well, and has a star in the post in Pau. But I can't see them past the first round. They'll prolly will be the third playoff team in their division, behind San Antonio & Dallas (maybe Houston, but after the awful way they've started, it'll be hard for them to catch the Grizz, much less the other two). So, I also foresee a first round exit for them.

In fact, they're starting to look a lot like the T-Wolves some years ago, a team good enough to reach the playoffs, but not to make a long run.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:25 am
The Rockets are interesting. Wonder whether they believe enough that they can come back and still be a high ranked playoff team. With Denver not being great so far, the Rockets still have a chnce to be a top four team in the west. With the start the Warriors have had, they will be at such an advantage later on as they will not need to make ground because they ar ahead already

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:21 am
The Rockets are a mess. Yao is not a star, his numbers are decent, but look where the team is without McGrady. Fighting with the likes of Atlanta and Toronto...

With McGrady, they're good, without him, not even playoffs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:20 am
Interesting that players like Stromile Swift, Rafer Alston, and even Yao Ming don't appear to be stepping up in McGrady's absence. :scratch:

I wouldn't say they're lacking a leader (because McGrady appears to play an isolated game from the rest of the team)... I'd say they're just missing his numbers really badly. McGrady appears like his own seperate entity from the game, looking out for his own numbers. Problem is, those "McGrady numbers" all count for Houston and they're useless without him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:25 am
I'm starting to think that Yao is the chinese Brad Miller. A great guy to have in your team, but unable to carry it. And it's a shame, because he has all the necessary tools, he's just so friggin soft...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades