OJ gets at least 15 years in prison!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:26 pm
bada wrote:In this particular case for me, there is very little thought on my part.

It is quite simply:

OJ=Murderer=Prison time=Good

Fair enuff :thumbleft:

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:48 pm
"Always" Next wrote:With O.J. whether he did it or not....he got a pass and he should have faded away. The fact that he got caught up in this memorabilia thing just shows what kind of a guy he is. He is a dumbass. He had to know that if he ever got mixed up in some **** again that he was going down. Im not happy that he got busted and is going to serve time and at the same time I dont feel bad for him. I just think he is a dumb f*ck!

Faded away is the key point. I dont feel bad for this guy at all, although the punishment for Memorabilia was severe. Why couldn't he just kick back and chill. The issue that really got me was the book "IF I DID IT", why would he do such a thing. Its disrestctful in all kind of ways not only to the persons murdered but also to the families invloved.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:02 pm
So what is going to be next year's lineup?

So far I have Vick at QB with Maurice Clarett and Lawrence Phillips splitting carries. I got Plax and Rae Carruth out wide. Barrett Robbins anchors the line. OJ is my coach.

Anyone missing?

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:30 pm
Thunder wrote:So what is going to be next year's lineup?

So far I have Vick at QB with Maurice Clarett and Lawrence Phillips splitting carries. I got Plax and Rae Carruth out wide. Barrett Robbins anchors the line. OJ is my coach.

Anyone missing?

Ray Lewis in a few years, when he is retried for the murder he did 10 years ago
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:16 pm

Anyone missing?

I was thinking Jerramy Stevens at TE. Can't really think of a TE that has had his yearly run ins with the law other than him at the moment..
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:14 pm
I'm just curious as to what the "social injustices" are in the inner city today. Because as a young person who has lived in Oakland my entire life, I don't see it. Is there inequality? Sure, but that's not an injustice. We live in a free country where if you work hard you will be successful. By nature, smarter and/or harder working end up living in nicer areas. It's not soviet Berlin where you get assigned to your housing quarters by the Stasi.

The only things I can really think of are how they harass people with parking tickets and fines and bs like that.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:27 pm
So if the Social prision of Goldenstwarriors.com is going to make room for another black man to serve time i guess they gotta release a innocent White headed Nazi like Sfsf back into the community???

Speak i don't condone locking up the black man cause his black, however there's been some very powerful and intelligent men locked up and they come out better humans and worst criminals. I was kinda really pissed off When Arnie Schwarznegger the governer of California didn't pardon notorious Crip member Tookie Williams... Some may say he deserved capital punishment and his crimes were horrendous... But letting out Tookie would have had a positive effect on curbing gang violence. But i guess the American Justice System would be more willing to pardon a person like Timothy McVay to reform all those Rednecks and terrorists then letting out a Black man.

Anyways i kind of straying.. OJ Simpson will be a better man for it and i doubt he'll reach that 9 year plateau of justice. He'll probably serve 3 or 4 years max and he'll live like royalty during his time in there. (hopefully setting a positive message for all the gangbanging blacks who's lifes have been strayed- <stereotype.. not all african americans locked up are gang bangers>
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:31 pm

Anyone missing?

Oh the Longest Yard remake...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Anyways i kind of straying.. OJ Simpson will be a better man for it and i doubt he'll reach that 9 year plateau of justice. He'll probably serve 3 or 4 years max and he'll live like royalty during his time in there. (hopefully setting a positive message for all the gangbanging blacks who's lifes have been strayed- <stereotype.. not all african americans locked up are gang bangers>

He got a MINIMUM of 9 years and a max of 33. He is not eligible for time off for good behavior because it was a violent crime. He is not eligibe for parol until after serving 9 years.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 pm
Speak, you are an eloquent wordsmith, and I really understand everything you are saying. I would like to propose a couple of ideas into the conversation.

First off, I can say I, a white man, take no joy in OJ going to jail. If he committed a crime then he should do the time, if he didn't then he shouldn't serve one minute. This should have nothing to do with 94. Although in the public eye it has everything to do with it..

I would "speculate" that the percentage of people who take joy in the fact that OJ is black and going to a jail is relatively equal to the overall percentage of the population that is and has always been racist.
I think there may be a greater percentage of the population that see him as a cocky celebrity that got away with murder, and take joy in seeing an unrepentant celebrity pay the price. I'm not trying to "whitewash" it. I know that the system is inherently prejudiced. I just think more people are focused on: his celebrity, his cocky unrepentant attitude, and the perception that he got off the first time than the fact that he is black.
But I know there are those that enjoy that fact too.

anyway, just my two cents....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:34 pm
Screw OJ, and it has nothing to do with black or white. He was guilty 14 years ago and he's guilty now, he deserves to go to jail...couldn't care less about the color of his skin or the color of the people he killed.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:56 pm
speak, you spittin that real talk.
:D
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:09 pm
bada wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Anyways i kind of straying.. OJ Simpson will be a better man for it and i doubt he'll reach that 9 year plateau of justice. He'll probably serve 3 or 4 years max and he'll live like royalty during his time in there. (hopefully setting a positive message for all the gangbanging blacks who's lifes have been strayed- <stereotype.. not all african americans locked up are gang bangers>

He got a MINIMUM of 9 years and a max of 33. He is not eligible for time off for good behavior because it was a violent crime. He is not eligibe for parol until after serving 9 years.

i know what 9 years is... But the case can go to appeal dude and that is the grounds i think he'll get off in less time.

Plus your Prison system sucks... Paris Hilton was suppose to serve a minimum of 48 days and she only ended up doing 23 days or some rediculous bullshit in the slammer.

i have no faith in the U.S Justice system and believing that OJ will serve a second more then his SCHEDUALED 9 years... Cause it's a load of crap
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:53 pm
Jackattack wrote:I would "speculate" that the percentage of people who take joy in the fact that OJ is black and going to a jail is relatively equal to the overall percentage of the population that is and has always been racist.
I think there may be a greater percentage of the population that see him as a cocky celebrity that got away with murder, and take joy in seeing an unrepentant celebrity pay the price. I'm not trying to "whitewash" it. I know that the system is inherently prejudiced. I just think more people are focused on: his celebrity, his cocky unrepentant attitude, and the perception that he got off the first time than the fact that he is black.
But I know there are those that enjoy that fact too.

anyway, just my two cents....

I cosign this! :D
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 am
David Wood wrote:I'm just curious as to what the "social injustices" are in the inner city today. Because as a young person who has lived in Oakland my entire life, I don't see it. Is there inequality? Sure, but that's not an injustice. We live in a free country where if you work hard you will be successful. By nature, smarter and/or harder working end up living in nicer areas. It's not soviet Berlin where you get assigned to your housing quarters by the Stasi.

The only things I can really think of are how they harass people with parking tickets and fines and bs like that.

Yeah, I totally agree. There is nothing more detrimental to the black community than parking tickets.

Listen bro, I don't feel like being a stickler and going down a list naming every injustice minorities face. I'm not trying to make this into a sob story, but by passing off our problems as if they were of lesser value, just because people in Berlin or Tibet or Darfur face harsher realities than that of Americans, is ridiculous. I mean I do get it, Americans have it a lot better than many others in the world, it would take a fool to not recognize that, but we cannot allow that to eclipse the actuality that there is truly and honestly injustice in this nation.

The fact that you live in Oakland, a city with one of the nations highest murder rates, a city that spawned one of the most famous and notable counter terrorist groups this country has yet to witness, leaves me baffled that you would question the validity of inner city BLACK oppression.

Why give examples of injustice when you refuse to even acknowledge it.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum