OJ gets at least 15 years in prison!

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:13 pm
Man that is ****ing GREAT news! :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3747669
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:33 pm
lol how is this great news
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 pm
speakonitgod wrote:lol how is this great news

Maybe cuz hes a murderer and got away with it. :?: :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:42 pm
bigstrads wrote:

this is a completely different trial... and if im not mistaken, oj was found innocent in the murder case

:oops:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
bigstrads wrote:

this is a completely different trial... and if im not mistaken, oj was found innocent in the murder case

:oops:

LOL!..............yeah.............."innocent"

I think my and Bada's feeling is a lean towards Karmic Justice you know. :wink:

In a court room, the previous mis-givings of a person are in-admissable (which is bull sh*t of course)............but this aint no court room...........so its good news!!! :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:06 pm
bigstrads wrote:I think my and Bada's feeling is a lean towards Karmic Justice you know. :wink:

Lol well that's a given... I understand a lot of folks will be rejoicing today. I obviously won't b one of them due 2 unfortunate social constructs in this country of ours, but I truly get ur point.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
bigstrads wrote:I think my and Bada's feeling is a lean towards Karmic Justice you know. :wink:

Lol well that's a given... I understand a lot of folks will be rejoicing today. I obviously won't b one of them due 2 unfortunate social constructs in this country of ours, but I truly get ur point.

What do you mean man?..........I mean, is anyone going to think less of O.J because of this and hence the social construct becomes worse? nope, they already knew what they thought of him, nothing is changing.

Im not re-joicing about this, I couldnt care less to be honest...........but what is this really going to make worse?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:22 pm
yes, KARMIC JUSTICE all the way! He was found not guilty because of complete incompetance from the prosecution team. However he was found guilty of the same crime in the civil case.

There is no way around the fact that he got away with murder from an incarceration point of view.

I am so happy to know that he will do AT LEAST 9 years behind bars.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:56 pm
bigstrads wrote:What do you mean man?

I'll try 2 break it down line by line to help you overstand

bigstrads wrote:is anyone going to think less of O.J because of this

Simply put, no. I'm sure everyone already has their opinion on the man. But in America where race relations are still stagnant, the subject of OJ Simpson-- especially in regards to the 94 case where two caucasians were murdered, reopens a wound in terms of the turmoil and outright hatred that was displayed during the original trial. It's much deeper than the present day at hand.

bigstrads wrote:hence the social construct becomes worse?

Well here's my opinion.. At this point in the history of our country, I don't think it's possible for social constructs to become "worse" because they are just that... constructions. With the national media starting to shift to the left and the internet reigning supreme in damn near every information faction, there is no more space for misguided truths and sociatal constructs. In my opinion, all we are truly doing is prolonging the healing, so to speak. We are in a lame position, in the true sense of the word. This is what makes Simpson all the more significant in the grand scheme of things. In essence, he resembles a part of the ugly race relations that many Americans wanted to put behind us over a decade ago

bigstrads wrote:they already knew what they thought of him, nothing is changing.

Can't argue with that...

bigstrads wrote:what is this really going to make worse?

Not much in actuality. But behind the main cover stories, the fact that he man handled some folks for memorabilia, all the things he was found guilty of, etc. people are not paying attention to this specific case. That is why bada's first post was in rejoice. Not just happy, but ecstatic, curses, smilies and all (no shots fired bada, jus tryin 2 make a point). Which solidifies what I'm trying to say, is that people have not forgotten about 1994, and while this may not worsen the situation in respect to race relations, it prolongs the process to where we can truly be seen as universal brothers. You may be thinking, "That's a somewhat ignorant stance to take", but the reality is most Americans are truly ignorant, so I must explain it to you in the same manner of which they are thinking it. I may not agree with it myself, but those are the cards to which we've been dealt.

Ask any black American and they will tell you, today is a rejoiceful day for many White Americans. Whether you choose to recognize the ugly truth about why this must be realized is beyond me.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:58 pm
With O.J. whether he did it or not....he got a pass and he should have faded away. The fact that he got caught up in this memorabilia thing just shows what kind of a guy he is. He is a dumbass. He had to know that if he ever got mixed up in some **** again that he was going down. Im not happy that he got busted and is going to serve time and at the same time I dont feel bad for him. I just think he is a dumb f*ck!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:04 pm
Ok Speak, I see where your coming from man............I guess I didnt really think of it that way because I dont see him in "that" way, I didnt think of O.J the black man, I just thought of O.J.

O.J being black, has nothing to do with the fact that I (and I can vouch for Bada on this one aswell) see him as a man who got away with murder.............not the murder of 2 white people by a black man..........but just murder, and because he had a great lawyer and bumbling prosecution.

I hate that most things in America are all filed into there little boxes so much, more than any other country in the world..........its sad that fine people such as yourself have to worry/think about things like this..........and its even sadder that you are more likely correct.

Do you understand why I took such a hard stance on the Sf thing? I mean, the basic point was that we have an opportunity to CHOOSE whether racism is amongst us!!! and that is not a choice that exists much.

Ps: Can you IMAGINE what the media would have done if Cochrane was still alive and he took O.J's case on this one??? :shock:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:07 pm
speakonitgod wrote:
Ask any black American and they will tell you, today is a rejoiceful day for many White Americans. Whether you choose to recognize the ugly truth about why this must be realized is beyond me.

speak, claiming that ANY BLACK AMERICAN will say this makes u incredibly hypocritical on the argument u are bestowing upon us. Plus its offensive that someone that happens to be white will feel rejoiced over this. C'mon, u think there gonna be parties sprawling up because of this. I think more people will be happy if we imprison Bush for treason, rather then O.J. My best friend, who not only is black, but looks just like O.J. was more happy he got prison time then i was.

Frankly, i feel sad for O.J., but for anyone that breaks the law, they should get a fair punishment. The judge CLEARLY stated today that no prior court case influenced her decision, and i believe her. she went on for like 5 minutes on this, couldn't be more clearer. Whether he murdered his wife or not, theres no point of arguing this, a jury found him innocent. A jury found him guilty this time, so i again see no argument against this. People need to quit putting race into the discussion.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:25 pm
bigstrads wrote:Do you understand why I took such a hard stance on the Sf thing? I mean, the basic point was that we have an opportunity to CHOOSE whether racism is amongst us!!! and that is not a choice that exists much.

Well, in turn, that's part of the reason why I welcome his return. I don't try to shy away from the fact that there are misguided and misinformed people in the world. I think for us to try to completely shut them out (even with respect to a discussion forum), rather than guide them to a higher plane of understanding is not only arrogant, but frankly immoral..

I agree with what you said about us Americans and our problem with polarization. It truly is a sad reality, but its my belief that it can only be solved through direct confrontation. This is why this situation will never see progress unless it is taken by the horns.

I still agree w/ you.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:speak, claiming that ANY BLACK AMERICAN will say this makes u incredibly hypocritical on the argument u are bestowing upon us. Plus its offensive that someone that happens to be white will feel rejoiced over this. C'mon, u think there gonna be parties sprawling up because of this. I think more people will be happy if we imprison Bush for treason, rather then O.J. My best friend, who not only is black, but looks just like O.J. was more happy he got prison time then i was.

Well, I guess I should correct myself. What I truly meant when I referred to Black Americans are inner city blacks who are at the brunt of social injustice in this nation. I'm not trying to sugar coat anything, I'm just speaking from what I know and what I know of the people in my community. And I never said whites would be throwing salami around and treating today like a holiday of sorts, I'm just saying that if you paid any attention to the trial back in the 90's, then there is no possible way you can't tie race into anything involving this man and his actions. Of course he's sleaze, but he is "our" sleaze. Get it?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:11 pm
I understand and respect your well thought out and well articulated position speak.

In this particular case for me, there is very little thought on my part.

It is quite simply:

OJ=Murderer=Prison time=Good

additionally I dont quite think I am REJOICING over it. I just found it to be great news and then I moved on. I did not exactly call up my friends and reserve a caterer for a party.
Last edited by bada on Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Off-Topic Forum