LeBron situation

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:16 pm
What's your take on it? How do you feel about LeBron going out expressing himself about 2010 and what not?

And the ever so aggressive Charles Barkley had something to say last week while we were stuffing ourselves to LeBron. Charles: "Shut the hell up." LeBron: "He's stupid."
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22005
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm
Lebron is sounding more like a gold digger and show boat. He should not say anything about where he is thinking of going because it is a distraction to his team and that is where his heart should lie right now. Cavs are looking great anyway and since they can sign him for more than any other team can, he'll probably stay there
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:49 pm
i think he's going to the knicks. i heard its in his contract that if he plays in a city that has a major market like new york, los angeles or chicago etc. he gets more ads which = more money. i think lebron is in a hurry to become a global icon and he's ready to get out of cleveland. i also think the knicks are going to offer lebron the second most money after the cavs. lebron was made for the big lights. lebron and new york were a match made in heaven and i hope the knicks get him. i think its good for basketball if the knicks have a good team.
Last edited by KC on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1396
» Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:51 pm
migya wrote:Lebron is sounding more like a gold digger and show boat. He should not say anything about where he is thinking of going because it is a distraction to his team and that is where his heart should lie right now. Cavs are looking great anyway and since they can sign him for more than any other team can, he'll probably stay there


besides wear a yankee cap in a public place and acknowledge that he was becoming a free agent in 2010 what did lebron actually say?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:38 am
Mr.KC wrote:i think he's going to the knicks. i heard its in his contract that if he plays in a city that has a major market like new york, los angeles or chicago etc. he gets more ads which = more money. i think lebron is in a hurry to become a global icon and he's ready to get out of cleveland. i also think the knicks are going to offer lebron the second most money after the cavs. lebron was made for the big lights. lebron and new york were a match made in heaven and i hope the knicks get him. i think its good for basketball if the knicks have a good team.


Yep, I also think he'll sign with the Knicks once his contract is over. They're going to offer him a max contract, barely below what Cleveland will offer (he makes more money out of bball that from his contract anyway, so it's not a big deal), and the chance to play for a franchise willing to spend whatever is necessary to surround him with great/good players that will help him win the ring.

A different issue is if he should be talking about it. What he has to do is shut the f*ck up and decide once the time comes, not sooner. Talking about it right now can only hurt his status on the team.
User avatar

Franchise Player
Posts: 9163
» Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:12 pm
LeBron just needs to learn to not get so sucked up by the media. They keep asking him questions, he keeps opening his mouth about it. Yeah, the media is evil, but LeBron's ego is what's making him open his mouth.
User avatar

Rookie
Posts: 155
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:23 pm
Mr.KC wrote:
migya wrote:Lebron is sounding more like a gold digger and show boat. He should not say anything about where he is thinking of going because it is a distraction to his team and that is where his heart should lie right now. Cavs are looking great anyway and since they can sign him for more than any other team can, he'll probably stay there


besides wear a yankee cap in a public place and acknowledge that he was becoming a free agent in 2010 what did lebron actually say?



He wore his special edition New York shoes against the Knicks in MSG
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:28 pm
PapaBear wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:
migya wrote:Lebron is sounding more like a gold digger and show boat. He should not say anything about where he is thinking of going because it is a distraction to his team and that is where his heart should lie right now. Cavs are looking great anyway and since they can sign him for more than any other team can, he'll probably stay there


besides wear a yankee cap in a public place and acknowledge that he was becoming a free agent in 2010 what did lebron actually say?



He wore his special edition New York shoes against the Knicks in MSG


Do you think maybe he was contractually obligated to wear those by Nike?. Lebron is a complete stud, playing as good or better than anybody in the league. I have not heard Lebron say one word about playing for the Knicks or anywhere other than Cleveland.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3064
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:33 pm
I don't think Lebron is doin anything wrong. Wearin a yankees hat to that game? big deal. We have a lot of fans out here that root for other teams. Do you think he ever gave a damn about the Indians before being a CAV? People are going overboard. Who cares if he goes to the knicks or stays a Cavalier, it's his choice, it's just sad that the media has already made the choice for him.
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 1757
» Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:38 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I don't think Lebron is doin anything wrong. Wearin a yankees hat to that game? big deal. We have a lot of fans out here that root for other teams. Do you think he ever gave a damn about the Indians before being a CAV? People are going overboard. Who cares if he goes to the knicks or stays a Cavalier, it's his choice, it's just sad that the media has already made the choice for him.


The sad thing is all the negative press that Lebron is getting over this. That guy, for a kid really has his head on straight. He has never got into any **** and conducts himself great as far as Im concerned. He is a superstar and seems like a good guy. I would love for him to come here, so I can see how people are excited about what may happen with him...but people should get off his back.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests