Trades to improve team this coming offseason

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:07 am
The team's performance thus far has me sick as all fuk and I want to start a thread of trades in the coming offseason that will improve the team. Don't go on about replacing Nelson, this is just roster changes.

1. GS gives Crawford to Bobcats for Felton and Morrison.

The team gets a very good PG and an expiring bust. Bobcats "might" like Crawford and see him as a gunner of a PG, "maybe".

Post more later but this could be interactive thread

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:53 am
If we get the chance to draft Rubio, do it and get our starting PG for the next decade. If not, go with Blake Griffin. Those two are the guys that would help us right away from the upcoming draft (that is, if Rubio declares for the draft).

Of course, we're gonna need a top two pick to get one of those kids.

Also, and if we're lucky to get one of them, trade Maggs and Crawford for a decent PF (if we draft Ricky) or a PG (in case it's Griffin).

Fire Nellie and bring in a real coach, willing to play some D and who won't have the team playing small ball anymore.

That would be a quick fix for the team, pending, of course, on several factors we can't control, like the lottery and teams willing to take on guys with high salaries like Crawford and Maggette.

The other route would be to start building around the great pieces we already have, Biedrins, Ellis and Randolph (I like Wright, too, just not as much as to consider him a building block). Trade most of our vets for expirers and picks and start again, with a new coach and different expectatives, kinda like the Blazers did a couple of years ago.

That's what I'd do, although I'm pretty sure the team won't follow that blueprint.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:22 am
I thinks the W's have a better shot at getting Paticks Mills,he played in the Olympics with Australia and played fairly well.

I was impressed with him more than Ricky Rubio beacuse Rubio had great players around him and Mills only had Bogut

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Patrick-Mills-1362/
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am
i love our young core. goose, ellis, randolph etc... and i think we're only a player or two away from being serious contenders. we need a good low post player whos a threat to score down low. we need someone who can control the boards, defend the paint and run the floor... there will be a player in the 2009 draft who fits this description perfectly... Blake Griffin. Griffin is 6'10 251lbs. he plays for oklahoma and he's averaging 25.7 pts and 19.2 rebs per game. he's stronger then all hell and he runs the floor as good as any big man i've seen. blake griffin is the best pf to come out of college since tim duncan.

we need to trade for blake griffin. he'll be a top 3 pick in this years draft and unfortunately i think he's destined to play for oklahoma city. i do think it's possible we could make a trade for him. we'll have a lottery pick and a lot of bargaining chips ( jackson, maggette, crawford, azubuike etc. )
Last edited by KC on Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:46 am
PapaBear wrote:I thinks the W's have a better shot at getting Paticks Mills,he played in the Olympics with Australia and played fairly well.

I was impressed with him more than Ricky Rubio beacuse Rubio had great players around him and Mills only had Bogut

i like this pick right here... patrick mills is a competitor. one solid player. great ball handler, distributor and scorer. but now that we have crawford, monta, watson and occasionally jackson running the point i dont think drafting a guard should be our number one priority.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:47 am
PapaBear wrote:I thinks the W's have a better shot at getting Paticks Mills,he played in the Olympics with Australia and played fairly well.

Wow..............a poor shooting, 3 point chucker.............just what we need!!! :wink:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:24 am
migya wrote:The team's performance thus far has me sick as all fuk and I want to start a thread of trades in the coming offseason that will improve the team. Don't go on about replacing Nelson, this is just roster changes.

1. GS gives Crawford to Bobcats for Felton and Morrison.

The team gets a very good PG and an expiring bust. Bobcats "might" like Crawford and see him as a gunner of a PG, "maybe".

Post more later but this could be interactive thread

lol Even Michael Jordan's not touchin that!

(and just quietly, man i'd love Rubio)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:45 am
2. GS gives Crawford to Bulls for Hinrich.

The team gets a good PG that can play both guard positions, can run pretty well, play half court pretty well and defends above all else. Hinrich is not a star and might never be but he is more than solid and that is better than what is here right now trying to play the PG spot.

The Bulls might not want Crawford more likely than not but he is capable of fitting that team as a shooter, much like Gordon, but he'd likely have to play some SF minutes and would be the 6th man

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:00 am
3. GS trades Maggette or Crawford to Denver for JR Smith and Chucky Atkins.

The team gets JR, an athletic but unspectacular player who likes to run and gun ALOT and can shoot the three very well. His contract is for another two seasons and is much less than either Maggette or Crawford.

Denver gets a SG that is more established than anyone they currently have. Either Maggette or Crawford can score and both have a couple more skills they do well. Denver is playing well and if they can improve on last season (looking like they will amazingly), they will spend a little more to try to build a championship caliber team

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:15 am
4. GS gives either Maggette or Crawford to Houston for Alston and Landry.

The team gets Alston, a good PG who is also an expirer and fits right in to Nelson's style. He is a bit out of control at times but better than most PGs out there and is attainable somewhat, most others aren't. Landry is a young PF who is under contract for another two years but is fairly cheap, compared to the two high paid new Warriors players this season.

The Rockets likely will stuff up in the playoffs again, get pisssed off again, start rambling again and look to improve their team again. Either Maggette or Crawford would add more firepower to Houston and Aaron Brooks is already groomed as the future starting PG anyway. Artest goes to PF, which he is more than strong enough to play and has shown so in the past and TMac to SF (or SG if Maggette was the one traded and was put as SF)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:29 am
5. GS trades Maggetts to Indiana for Marquis Daniels

The team gets Daniels, an expirer and also a capable player that seems to be playing his best this season. Daniels could fit in well but best thing is the long term contract of Maggot is gone.

Pacers get another proven scorer that can create plays for himself and drive it at will at the opposition, something that they are missing as they are mostly built for jump shooting more than anything else. Maggette would join Granger as a duo that can score themselves very well

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:53 am
You want to trade Maggs and Crapford whatever the cost, it seems... Not that I'm gonna complain, bro. :wink:

I can't see Chicago going for that trade, considering they already had Crapford there and didn't doubt about letting him go.

But the rest of those trades are feasible, particularly the one with the Pacers. Haven't checked the numbers, but makes sense for both teams.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:59 am
TMC wrote:You want to trade Maggs and Crapford whatever the cost, it seems... Not that I'm gonna complain, bro. :wink:

I can't see Chicago going for that trade, considering they already had Crapford there and didn't doubt about letting him go.

But the rest of those trades are feasible, particularly the one with the Pacers. Haven't checked the numbers, but makes sense for both teams.

Trade the two fuks at all costs!

Reckon these trades are all doable, some more than others ofcourse but the main aim is to get rid of at least one of them and get a very good PG back at the same time, that's the ideal thing. Expirers are second option ofcourse or at the very least one player that would be seviceable here and one other who is an expirer

All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:15 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:You want to trade Maggs and Crapford whatever the cost, it seems... Not that I'm gonna complain, bro. :wink:

Reckon these trades are all doable, some more than others ofcourse but the main aim is to get rid of at least one of them and get a very good PG back at the same time, that's the ideal thing. Expirers are second option ofcourse or at the very least one player that would be seviceable here and one other who is an expirer

What is it about Crawford that everybody hates? He has been the best player on the Warriors since coming over from NY. He has a really good Assist / Turnover ratio. He moves the ball around and can get to the basket and finish or dish...I dont get it. His shot, even when missing looks good, he will find his stroke and once Monta comes back, we need a guy that can distribute in the back court with him.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
migya wrote:

What is it about Crawford that everybody hates? He has been the best player on the Warriors since coming over from NY. He has a really good Assist / Turnover ratio. He moves the ball around and can get to the basket and finish or dish...I dont get it. His shot, even when missing looks good, he will find his stroke and once Monta comes back, we need a guy that can distribute in the back court with him.

seriously, i loved the crawford trade from the start.... people love the haterade in heeeeer. dude's a balla
Next

Return to Trades