Seattle Seahawks Thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:40 am
on a related note, Texas Tech coach Mike Leach flew to Seattle to meet with the University of Washington about the HC position. I am sure Tech will give him whatever he wants to stay there but man would I LOVE him to coach the Huskies! That would make me a very happy man.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:00 pm
bada wrote:on a related note, Texas Tech coach Mike Leach flew to Seattle to meet with the University of Washington about the HC position. I am sure Tech will give him whatever he wants to stay there but man would I LOVE him to coach the Huskies! That would make me a very happy man.

Leach has done a wonderful job at Texas Tech.

Anyways, are you saying that because you want Mora as the next head coach for the Seahawks or you're a Huskies fan?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:39 pm
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:on a related note, Texas Tech coach Mike Leach flew to Seattle to meet with the University of Washington about the HC position. I am sure Tech will give him whatever he wants to stay there but man would I LOVE him to coach the Huskies! That would make me a very happy man.

Anyways, are you saying that because you want Mora as the next head coach for the Seahawks or you're a Huskies fan?

That comment was coming as a Husky fan! Leach is one of my favorite collegiate head coaches.

As far as Mora goes... I am on the fence. There are things I like about him but the rumors are that he is going to bring in his old Atl coaching staff of Knapp as OC and Donatell as DC. I am not a fan of either. SO I like Mora but not as much if he wants to bring in these guys.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:45 pm
bada wrote:
xbay wrote:

That comment was coming as a Husky fan! Leach is one of my favorite collegiate head coaches.

As far as Mora goes... I am on the fence. There are things I like about him but the rumors are that he is going to bring in his old Atl coaching staff of Knapp as OC and Donatell as DC. I am not a fan of either. SO I like Mora but not as much if he wants to bring in these guys.

Interesting... because those two aren't that good of coordinators. Should be an interesting off season for Seahawks fans with the how the coaching staff is handled.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:44 am
bada wrote:As far as Mora goes... I am on the fence. There are things I like about him but the rumors are that he is going to bring in his old Atl coaching staff of Knapp as OC and Donatell as DC. I am not a fan of either. SO I like Mora but not as much if he wants to bring in these guys.

I didn't like his job in Atlanta much, actually. The team's offense was putrid, relying only on Vick or Warrick Dunn's big plays, and seemed like Crumpler was their #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 option on the passing game.

Their D was pretty decent, tho. Not dominating, but decent enough for a contender, although the secondary was a step below what was required.

Guess it means I like him more as a coordinator than as HC...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:23 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:As far as Mora goes... I am on the fence. There are things I like about him but the rumors are that he is going to bring in his old Atl coaching staff of Knapp as OC and Donatell as DC. I am not a fan of either. SO I like Mora but not as much if he wants to bring in these guys.

I didn't like his job in Atlanta much, actually. The team's offense was putrid, relying only on Vick or Warrick Dunn's big plays, and seemed like Crumpler was their #1, #2, #3, #4 and #5 option on the passing game.

Their D was pretty decent, tho. Not dominating, but decent enough for a contender, although the secondary was a step below what was required.

Guess it means I like him more as a coordinator than as HC...

Yep, he basically was their only man. They had Jenkins, but he seemed to look like a bust. And White was still young and developing. But with Vick as the QB, it's all about the run first, run second, run third, run run run, and pass anytime the run was being stopped.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:50 pm
Lone bright spot in a dreary season. Rookie TE John Carlson has had the best season for a TE in club history. He also has the 3rd most amount of catches for a rookie TE in NFL history. Still two more games to go.

1. John Carlson 2008: 51-601

2. Itula Mili 2003: 46-492

3. Jerramy Stevens 2005: 45-554

4. Itula Mili 2002: 43-508

5. Ron Howard 1976: 37-422

6. Christian Fauria 1998: 37-377

7. Charle Young 1983: 36-529

8. John Sawyer 1980: 36-410

9. Christian Fauria 1999: 35-376

10. Charle Young 1984: 33-337
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:51 am
All 5 starting offensive lineman are on the IR and out of the season. This season really cant end soon enough. Never seen an offense get more ravaged by injury than this one.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:05 am
I still need Carlson to have one more big game. Just one more, and you may call it a season after that. :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:19 am
TMC wrote:I still need Carlson to have one more big game. Just one more, and you may call it a season after that. :wink:

Might be tough if the weather is as bad as expected.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:27 pm
I need Greg Olson to have a big game, but if he does, so does Orton. It looks real close early on, TMC.

Well... good luck to the Seahawks, today. Would love to see the Jets lose and the Dolphins win.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:08 pm
xbay wrote:I need Greg Olson to have a big game, but if he does, so does Orton. It looks real close early on, TMC.

Close?. I'm not sure about that. I certainly can't see Orton having a big game like Brees had against the Lions, and Vincent Jackson alone did more than all of my WRs together.

At least both Pierre Thomas and The Burner have been able to score. That gives me some hope, but it's fading quickly. I'm gonna need a BIG game by Orton and another 4 TDs performance by Turner to have a chance.

So... congrats in advance, XBay.

xbay wrote:Well... good luck to the Seahawks, today. Would love to see the Jets lose and the Dolphins win.

Me too. And to think a few weeks ago the media was going crazy about a NY superbowl...

Ok, hijack over, Bada. Time to go back to Seahawks football.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:23 pm
Carlson TD!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:41 pm
bada wrote:Carlson TD!!!!

Holy f*ck!!! Can't believe I did again. Is there somebody I can't jinx???.

I'm gonna try again:

Congrats in advance, XBay!!! :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:31 pm
Nice win the 'Hawks today. The Jets are now 0-4 on the West Coast this season. Talk about major pwnage.

Just nice to see the Holmgren walk away from the Seahawks last home game as a winner.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board