MVP race so far

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm
Just want to say our thoughts on who is leading the MVP race right now and how you'd rank them:

Since Cavs are doing so well, I'll say Lebron will get it this season but Kobe is not far behind him, though the Lakers have seemingly relied less on him so far this season. Dwight howard might even get second right now, after Lebron as he is the main reason things work in the Magic and why they have won so much. After that, it gets a little harder to predict the rankings and how the votes would go right now but I've got to say Wade has been the best player so far this season and wouldn't get MVP just because the Heat are about 50%, though that is a great achievement for that roster. Granger has been incredible and the biggest surprise, as he was expected to do well (allstar type) but he is playing like a top 5 player so far. Same can be said about Joe Johnson, as he has been the best player on the Hawks that have done well so far also. Billups is high up as well because since he has arrived in the Nugs, they have gone on a tear, an absolute surprise and should shut up the people who claimed that it was the Pistons system that made him look good. Carmelo has been pretty awful by his standards and the Nugs are still winning well, so Billups gets full credit.

Post you thoughts on the MVP race so far

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:17 pm
Definitely is between LeBron and Kobe. Both the Cavs and Lakers are on a tear right now and both are putting up the numbers expected. I say LeBron... for now.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:07 am
Lebron followed by Daylight, then Kobe

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:54 am
going with Lebron.

Hornets havent been astounding so I don't think Chris Paul will get it.

Kobe already got one and besides the Lakers are a team effort right now.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:01 am
I think the Lakers have a great roster, which diminishes Kobe's chances to get it. He's playing amazing, as usual, but having Gasol, Odom, Bynum... all those guys help him achieve a great record, but, at the same time, don't help him at all to get MVP status.

I think it's between Lebron (the leading candidate, so far) and Wade. Those two are the top contenders for that award. Although Miami's record hurts Wade's chances...
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:18 am
Hopefully Kobe gets it, I cant stand Lebron and talking about the Knicks. The one time I agree with Chuck ''He needs to shut the hell up".
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:19 am
PapaBear wrote:Hopefully Kobe gets it, I cant stand Lebron and talking about the Knicks. The one time I agree with Chuck ''He needs to shut the hell up".

wait.....what? u prefer Kobe over Lebron??? Sure you on the right board?

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 am
runaway thus far... LBJ!

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:47 pm
1)LeBron
2)D-Wade
3)C. Bosh
4)Kobe
5)Dirk/J.Johnson/Granger/Roy

it's definitely LeBron's to lose.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:10 pm
Quazza wrote:
PapaBear wrote:Hopefully Kobe gets it, I cant stand Lebron and talking about the Knicks. The one time I agree with Chuck ''He needs to shut the hell up".

Well yea compared to Lebron and him turning his back on Cleveland.
All Star
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:21 pm
PapaBear wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Well yea compared to Lebron and him turning his back on Cleveland.

What has Lebron done to turn his back on Cleveland? Im pretty sure he is playing All-World ball right now. What more could he do for the Cavs than that? If he was turning his back on Cleveland he would demand that he is traded to the Knicks for Marburys salary slot....then he is on the Knicks a year ahead of schedule.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:41 pm
fine wrote:1)LeBron
2)D-Wade
3)C. Bosh
4)Kobe

you know its funny you have a tie at 5th at all...i personally think roy would be 5th with dirk 6th and granger and jj somewhere after....but the mavs having an identical record to NJ im surprised devin harris isnt even mentioned. he's having a monster year and i dont believe NJ would win without him (in 3 games without him they havent won) and not even a mention. no doubt he should get most improved player at this point...i dont believe he should be an MVP, but if granger and joe johnson get mentioned then devin harris should be mentioned also
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:30 pm
I'm the only one that mentioned Dwight Howard amazingly. Right now, he'd get more votes than Wade

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:11 pm
E-Man wrote:
fine wrote:1)LeBron
2)D-Wade
3)C. Bosh
4)Kobe

you know its funny you have a tie at 5th at all...i personally think roy would be 5th with dirk 6th and granger and jj somewhere after....but the mavs having an identical record to NJ im surprised devin harris isnt even mentioned. he's having a monster year and i dont believe NJ would win without him (in 3 games without him they havent won) and not even a mention. no doubt he should get most improved player at this point...i dont believe he should be an MVP, but if granger and joe johnson get mentioned then devin harris should be mentioned also

yeah, i fcuked up. i couldn't decide how far down the list I wanted to go. i really just wanted an excuse to put down Granger's name, he's so dreamy.

good point about harris, he's def a lock for MIP. he's invited to join the clusterbunch at #5 :)
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:13 pm
Lebron, in a class by himself.

Any other year, D Wade would get it with his monster season, but to show how amazing LBJ is, even Wade has Marion. There is no one of all-star or even close level on the Cavs besides LBJ. (Sorry, cannot bring myself to think of Ilgauskas as all-star, just because the center pool is so thin...)

Kobe got one, and has the best and deepest team in the league by far.

Howard is terrific, but he has Rashard Lewis and Pietrus (Couldn't resist.)

If there is ever a unanimous pick it should be LBJ if it continues like this.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to NBA Forum