diogu playing well.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

What does chris Mullin do?

Get rid of someone and let Diogu play
29%
Wait and see
71%

Total votes : 17

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:42 pm
Diogu played pretty good for coming off a 6 week injury. 11pts in 14min.

Think he could kick foyle or dunleavy of the team.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:07 pm
I hope so, but it's only been one game, let's wait and see. he did better than i expected though
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:51 pm
He has to be more of a rebounder and shot blocker but the scoring was great. He should be alright

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:52 am
Yeah, but he's still a rookie playing his first nba minutes. There's no need to rush him. Just let his minutes increase with each game and, if he keeps doing well, by the end of the season he could be a starter. Not sure where, tho, depends on Murph being able to handle the 5.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:15 am
Exactly

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:52 pm
The only reason I voted "wait and see" is because I felt that "get rid of someone" implied moving Murphy out of the way... at which point, I sort of shut down on the idea. But playing Troy and Ike together is pure magic (I've seen it live!). In 21 minutes, Ike scored 15 points against Toronto! I was so damn impressed! The kid can pump fake, get bumped, and still put the basket in! It's amazing to finally have a player able of doing that NOT named Baron!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:58 am
The thing is whether Diogu can play good enough defensively to cover Foyle if Diogu were to start with Murphy. Foyle is an offensive liability but he does the job on defense and that is very important. If Diogu can block some shots as well as rebound well, then Foyle should go to the bench and Diogu go to the starting lineup at PF and Murphy at C

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:58 am
While it's true that Diogu doesn't block as many shots as many people thought (which I called, by the way), his defensive game is sound. He applies pressure and doesn't pick up a lot of fouls, besides the occasional rookie-hazing fouls that refs call to please the stars. No one will replace Foyle's shot blocking, but Diogu's defensively set (and Murphy's improved A LOT this season, if you watch him). I'd say the switch wouldn't effect anything negatively accept for swats on the stat sheet.

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:47 pm
Ike is a Savage! .. BUT i voted wait and see, let ike develop more b4 we jump into conclusions:D
Warriors are BAAAALLLLIINN!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:58 am
Wouldn't surprise me if Diogu started blocking alot of shots. He does have amazing length of the arms and if he is quite athletic, that will help him block well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:02 am
He's also really small. Yesterday I saw (finally) the Toronto game and at times he looked like a f*cking midget (for his position).

Anyway, I came out really impressed with his game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:30 am
I tried getting that game but there is noone seeding it so I didn't get a single bit of that, nothing. I don't no if the guys seeding it are only on the net a few hours a day but I was real disappointed

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:16 am
Weird, games use to be up for a couple of weeks, and I downloaded this one without any trouble. Try downloading any other (no need to do it completely, just to know if it works), the most recent, and if you have the same problem, it won't be for lack of seeding, but for some config problem you may have.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:23 am
The reason he seemed small, TMC, was because the Raptors front line is humongous. Bosh, Charlie V, Araujo... all are at least 6'10". Ike should know this coming into the league (that's about the average height of a power forward these days). He made up for it with his terrific strength and non-stop hustle. What he lacks in height he makes up for in sweat.

But I dunno if he'll be as big a shot blocker as you think, migya. On paper, his arms reach 7'4". But he doesn't appear to try swatting taller players (and, in the NBA, more than half of his competition will be taller). While he's not quite Troy Murphy, in the sense that shot-blocking seems like a skill he lacks, he wont ever be the kind of forward who'll average 2 or 3 (like Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal)... at least, not in his first 3 years. My prediction would be 1, maybe 1.5, a game.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:34 pm
#32 wrote: in the NBA, more than half of his competition will be taller

That's my point. It's not that he's small by himself, but will be compared to the oposition he'll face.

I love what I' ve seen so far. I can't wait til he plays against the Detroit frontcourt, that will be a good measure of what he's able to do.
Next

Return to Trades