Can We Trade Maggette?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

As of right now, who needs to go?

Maggette
67%
Azubuike
No votes
Crawford
20%
Ellis
No votes
Other
7%
No one
7%

Total votes : 15

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:18 pm
I mean if the Raiders could release DeAngelo Hall midway through a season just after they got him, nothing's impossible.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:31 am
Quazza wrote:
fine wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:
Evening Scoop: Maggette Next Traded?

By: Bill Ingram Last Updated: 11/24/08 5:34 PM ET | 2463 times read

In case you're wondering why the Golden State Warriors are stockpiling swing players (and why wouldn't you be wondering?) get ready for the next major move. The Warriors didn't exactly have Corey Maggette on their short list when they approached free agency 2008, but when the time came for them to use their cash he was simply the best name left.

The thinking was that they could keep him until December 15th, when he will be eligible to be traded, and make a better move at that time. Given that the Warriors recently locked up Stephen Jackson long-term, which they weren't sure they'd be able to do, it seems more and more likely that Maggette will be the one who gets the Warriors the point guard they need.

So who will it be?

One possiblity might be the Dallas Mavericks' Jason Terry. The Clippers were close to making a Maggette-for-Terry swap last summer, but it was killed by ownership. Terry, of course, is intimately familiar with the Don Nelson system, and is among the best scoring point guards in the league. The Mavericks would hate to give up Jet, but they desperately need a two who can create his own shot. Maggette would immediately start and improve the starting lineup drastically.

The Mavericks could also swap Jerry Stackhouse for Maggette straight up. Stackhouse was a favorite of Nellie's, as well, and represents not only a potential ending contract but also a person who could move to the coaching staff next season. That was the long-term plan in Dallas when Nellie was the coach there.

It may seem to be a stretch that the Warriors and Mavericks get anything done. The bad blood between Mark Cuban and Nellie has been well-documented, but perhaps Donnie Nelson, GM of Mavericks, could help smooth things over if it means making a deal that drastically helps both teams.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=10716

even though it's just a rumor, it's great to see that basketball minds think it's possible. but i wonder what the rest of the league will think of our organization if we trade a player just after signing him to 5 years.
i'd say it affects FA wanting to come here, but they never wanted to come anyway.

the spurs and the celtics were looking into signing maggs in the offseason. with all the injuries, the spurs might be a good team to offer him to.

I can't think of anything they've got that we'd want(besides the obvious that they wouldn't trade)

there are trades out there to be made, you just have to be creative.

spurs
maggette
marco

warriors
fabricio oberto
bruce bowen
matt bonner

all three have two year deals and would help us immediately. oberto is a decent low post defender and bowen is a lock down defender. we need defenders. we give up the most points in the western conference.

warriors and celtics

celtics
maggette

warriors
kendrick perkins
scalabrine

celtics could live with out perkins, they have leon powe. we need a low post presence and perkins is a low post presence. the dude can play some post defense. he can put the ball in the basket and he can rebound.

just ideas :?:
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:27 pm
I like Maggette over those two trade ideas...Perkins is a big part of what they are doing and a mainstay!!!

Plus, he would take time away from AB...Not exactly a even type of trade...Maggette will turn it around if he's allowed to play his normal SF position...
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:31 pm
Why would you want to trade a guy who plays hard, goes to the rim and makes his freethrows? That is just silly
Cohan and Nelly are gone!!!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:14 pm
Monta8 wrote:Why would you want to trade a guy who plays hard, goes to the rim and makes his freethrows? That is just silly

maggette can be a solid player when healthy and i wouldnt trade maggette this season unless there was a great deal on the table and we were getting a pf in return. we should wait and see how things unfold this season. i want to see maggette play when he's fully adjusted to our system and i also want to see him play with monta.

maggette is our best trading chip, we need a pf and if we could get a solid pf/low post player for maggette i would trade him in a second. if we could get a high draft pick for maggette, i would pull the trigger. if we could get expiring contracts for maggette, i would trade him.
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:17 pm
The only grip I have about Maggette is that he continues to shoot three's when he's only made like 23% of what he attempted. He should just continue to dribble in or pass it off, he's just not a 3-point option. Other than that, I wouldn't trade him either.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:53 pm
xbay wrote:The only grip I have about Maggette is that he continues to shoot three's when he's only made like 23% of what he attempted. He should just continue to dribble in or pass it off, he's just not a 3-point option. Other than that, I wouldn't trade him either.

Maggette is just doing what the rest of the boys on the team do - SHOOT THE THREE!

It seems like a disease that infests even the non three point shooters. Maggette is only effective driving to the basket all night and if he isn't, he is a waste of money

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:51 am
Let's say we ended up with the 4th or 5th pick...Yeah!!! I'd trade Wright to move up and get Blake Griffin
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:16 am
J-Rich wrote:Let's say we ended up with the 4th or 5th pick...Yeah!!! I'd trade Wright to move up and get Blake Griffin

no question. blake griffin is a man child. he's averaging 25.7 pts and 19.2 rebs a game. the dude is a beast. he'll be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=36259
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:20 pm
Mr.KC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Let's say we ended up with the 4th or 5th pick...Yeah!!! I'd trade Wright to move up and get Blake Griffin

no question. blake griffin is a man child. he's averaging 25.7 pts and 19.2 rebs a game. the dude is a beast. he'll be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft.

I was watching a game like 3 days ago (plus or minus 1 day), and the guy had excellent stats, except that he almost got double digit turnovers as well. Sometimes, he seems to do too much, and does the stupidest thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, but he's no Michael Beasley.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:43 pm
Maybe he'll be better than Beasley!!! :mrgreen: He does have legit size and doesn't he his childish personailty
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:58 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
Mr.KC wrote:

I was watching a game like 3 days ago (plus or minus 1 day), and the guy had excellent stats, except that he almost got double digit turnovers as well. Sometimes, he seems to do too much, and does the stupidest thing in the world. Don't get me wrong, he's a beast, but he's no Michael Beasley.

griffin is a better player then beasley. griffin is bigger, stronger and just as athletic. griffin also has a stronger mental game. griffin is a prototypical power forward and beasley is an undersized power forward who plays a lot of shooting forward. griffin is a better low post defender, shot blocker and rebounder.

beasley is a better perimeter player. griffin is the better low post player.

they're both great players but i rather have griffin on my team.
Last edited by KC on Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:08 pm
this has nothing to do with whos better but i found a cool video of griffin beating beasley at the mcdonalds high-school all american slam dunk competition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPzYqv3H3mE[/youtube]
Wish List

*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
to be continued...
Previous

Return to Trades