2008 Hip Hop

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:26 pm
This has been a great year for hip hop, so many great albums coming out.

What your favorite albums of this year? What did you guys think of the year in general?

Honestly, 808's & Heartbreak I can't stop listening too. That's an amazing album.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:53 am
The Game... LAX

It's got masterpiece written all over it and plus he has some awesome collabos
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:07 am
Can't say... I don't listen to commercial hip-hop/rap, anymore. When I do, it's because I'm in my friends car. I enjoyed Nas' "Untitled" album and Kanye's "Graduation" album, though.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:07 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:The Game... LAX

It's got masterpiece written all over it and plus he has some awesome collabos

No doubt, The Game has to be one of the hardest guys out right now, I still listen to Doctor's Advocate, which I think is a little better than LAX, but there both solid.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:21 am
I recently listened to Dela's - Atmosphere Airlines. I dug it.
though I believe it was released in 2007...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:56 am
fave hip hop albums of the year are definitely Pace Won and Mr Greens- The Only Colour that Matters is Green, as well as Tanya Morgans- The Bridge
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:36 pm
808 and heartbreak is cool to me, not the best....my favs are:

E40 -Ballstreet Journal
Laroo- The Corporation
VJones- Black Legacy

and my clear cut fav (although I think it came out end of 07)
is

Husalah- Hustlin Since the 80s
I have seen the 49ers win a Superbowl. I have now seen the Giants win a world series. I need one more championship in my lifetime to make my life complete...
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:04 am
Wow I cant believe noone mentioned Lil 'Wayne's monster The Carter 3. With this album Wayne learned to write songs and make an album rather than to take a beat and put some catchy verses on it. To me he made a complete album rather than just write a few singles and then put a whole bunch of filler songs to go along with those singles.

But I honestly haven't given 808 and Heartbreaks a good litsen yet, perhaps I will do that in the upcoming days.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:03 am
Dude hip hop blows now a days... lil'wayne getting 8 grammy nom's is a complete f'ing joke. T-Pain, Wayne and now kanye all use auto-tune which MAKES you a good singer. literally.

lil' wayne are you serious??? comfortable and Mrs. officer are the only half good tracks on his album.... and I hate every song on 808's (And I usually love kanye's shiit). Rap, hip-hop whatever you wanna call it, is going to be gone in 10 years. I'm calling it. it was new in the 80s, refined/perfected in the 90's (tribe called quest baby!), and this decade it's just overproduced by everyone and their mother. people don't rap to say something meaningful now a days, the rap to sell records and drive a car with shinny wheels. it's all about the fast road to success.

exhibit A
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpu6C70WROM&feature=PlayList&p=33FC29BEBE4895B0&playnext=1&index=28[/youtube]

exhibit B
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y8Zqvi37uU[/youtube]

I say before any of them except their emmy's they should be forced to sing their auto-tune songs without any help. the Grammy's have long been a popularity contest/joke. If the music sucks I think they should just let the person who won it last year keep the title... like a boxing champions belt.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:06 am
first off wrote:Dude hip hop blows now a days...

Yep. I find hard to find more than 2 or 3 good albums per year. It's just too... I don't know, mainstream, maybe?.

Whatever, in any case, year after year, hip hop gets more and more commercial and spoiled by musicians with a serious talent deficit.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:38 am
woah woah woah...you got me misconstrued.

The only reason I talked up Lil Wayne's album so much was because people were talking about albums that I think are way lesser than his. I do believe that hip hop now is way worse than stuff that you two (TMC and first off) mentioned is way better and all that vocoder stuff is garbage, so I was just putting in my two cents about a contemporary album that I actually enjoyed. Most contemporary rap I just download for the single and never listen to the rest of the album but The carter was actually enjoyable from start to finish(for the most part).
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:17 pm
metalface wrote:woah woah woah...you got me misconstrued.

The only reason I talked up Lil Wayne's album so much was because people were talking about albums that I think are way lesser than his. I do believe that hip hop now is way worse than stuff that you two (TMC and first off) mentioned is way better and all that vocoder stuff is garbage, so I was just putting in my two cents about a contemporary album that I actually enjoyed. Most contemporary rap I just download for the single and never listen to the rest of the album but The carter was actually enjoyable from start to finish(for the most part).

whatever man it's all good....

I'm just not a little wayne fan, I don't care if other people like it... we all got our own tastes. And I also think the grammy's are a load of bull. that's all
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:24 pm
LUPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Cool was awesome.

I've listened to about half of Luda's new album too, I don't think I like it as much as Release Therapy, but we'll see...he can still win me over.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:36 am
Dudes and dudettes, you know what i was thinking just now... why is it call hip hop? did a really trendy bunny start busting out a beat or something?
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:04 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:Dudes and dudettes, you know what i was thinking just now... why is it call hip hop? did a really trendy bunny start busting out a beat or something?

LOL! Imagine if it was from a some weird ass bunny thing? would kind of make the image of mainstream "Crap-Hop" quite funny............if your serious =

Then I always thought that it was a combo of "Hip" = being cool and what not, and "Hop" = dancing and sh*t...........so dancing to cool music.

I may be wrong, Im sure Speak, Jackattack or O.G Broe would know for sure, they are music historians!..........guys?
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum