Clippers talking to Bobcats about J-Rich

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:43 pm
One source said the Clippers are talking to the Charlotte Bobcats about a package that would send Kaman to Charlotte for Jason Richardson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3724721
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 pm
Bobcats are fools doing that trade. Yea, they get a legit big guy to play Center alongside Okafor but they lose a ton of scoring and their only legit SG

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:53 pm
migya wrote:Bobcats are fools doing that trade. Yea, they get a legit big guy to play Center alongside Okafor but they lose a ton of scoring and their only legit SG

then we trade them Mags for Felton.....;)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:02 pm
Quazza wrote:
migya wrote:Bobcats are fools doing that trade. Yea, they get a legit big guy to play Center alongside Okafor but they lose a ton of scoring and their only legit SG

Contracts don't work otherwise it'd be a go :wink:

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:07 pm
hell I'd even taken on Matt Carrol to make it work lol
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:18 pm
Quazza wrote:

Better idea they trade for Richardson then we trade Mags back to LA for J-Rich and we pretend it's 2006.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:50 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:

Better idea they trade for Richardson then we trade Mags back to LA for J-Rich and we pretend it's 2006.

I'd take JRich back in an instant. If the team could get a revamp to say the least and get rid of Crawford and Maggette, getting JRich and Felton if possible from the Bobcats and someone like Corey Brewer, who seems a bit out of favour in the TWolves but plays the defense, it'd be a great change for the roster, giving a better direction and less of the same type of players

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:37 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:

totally goes against the Kaman for JRich part of this thread but ok
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:39 pm
Quazza wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:
Quazza wrote:

totally goes against the Kaman for JRich part of this thread but ok

Huh? I was just kidding.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:17 pm
What the hell is up with the Clippers wheeling and dealing for ex-Warriors? First Josh Powell. Next Baron Davis. Now Jason Richardson? Are they trying to reminisce the '05-'06 Warriors? Sure, reuniting Baron and Jason is great, but giving up Kaman for him is stupid. They're front court is thin as hell already, why would they make it smaller?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:43 pm
xbay wrote:What the hell is up with the Clippers wheeling and dealing for ex-Warriors? First Josh Powell. Next Baron Davis. Now Jason Richardson? Are they trying to reminisce the '05-'06 Warriors? Sure, reuniting Baron and Jason is great, but giving up Kaman for him is stupid. They're front court is thin as hell already, why would they make it smaller?

Yo xbay you forgot their pursuit of Buike.
One F'ing year and thats it. F*ck!
http://www.myspace.com/djheebee
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:48 pm
CouldItBTheChad wrote:One source said the Clippers are talking to the Charlotte Bobcats about a package that would send Kaman to Charlotte for Jason Richardson.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3724721

do you think he deserves to rot with the Clippers?
All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:33 pm
Clips don't need J-Rich, they have AL THORNTON and beside Bobcats already have okafor in the lineup and why they add another big men for the team and i do believe M.Jordan are not stupid for this one...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:21 pm
GSW United wrote:Clips don't need J-Rich, they have AL THORNTON and beside Bobcats already have okafor in the lineup and why they add another big men for the team and i do believe M.Jordan are not stupid for this one...

because Okafor's natural position is PF
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:41 am
Quazza wrote:
GSW United wrote:Clips don't need J-Rich, they have AL THORNTON and beside Bobcats already have okafor in the lineup and why they add another big men for the team and i do believe M.Jordan are not stupid for this one...

because Okafor's natural position is PF

And Thornton is a SF.

I can't say I understand this trade (if it finally happens). Larry Brown has been trying to trade for a center for a while now, and Kaman is one of the few starting centers available, so I can get it from Charlotte's point of view.

For the Clippers?. Not so much. They already have Ricky Davis and Eric Gordon, and Gordon looks more than ready to start. Why do they feel they need to add J-Rich while weakening their inside game is beyond me...
Next

Return to NBA Forum