San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:49 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:Why is sfx3's sig still Hitler?

this had to come up in the sharks thread didn't it?

anyway, sharks are seriously kicking ass. They let the preds steal one a few games ago and what happens last night? serious domination, in hockey and fighting. Anybody see the second Shelley fight? that uppercut was vicious. Staubitz got it from tootoo a little though.

dude, this team is nearly perfect. they got the best 1st line, the best make up o the others. the best 1-2 goaltending duo, a new coach thats got his players hungry for a championship... and u have to think we will be getting a couple more people in some trade deadline deals. Loving this stuff
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:09 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:Why is sfx3's sig still Hitler?

this had to come up in the sharks thread didn't it?

anyway, sharks are seriously kicking ass. They let the preds steal one a few games ago and what happens last night? serious domination, in hockey and fighting. Anybody see the second Shelley fight? that uppercut was vicious. Staubitz got it from tootoo a little though.

dude, this team is nearly perfect. they got the best 1st line, the best make up o the others. the best 1-2 goaltending duo, a new coach thats got his players hungry for a championship... and u have to think we will be getting a couple more people in some trade deadline deals. Loving this stuff

yep this team is stacked, and one guy not everybody notices is Ryan Clowe, that guy is my favorite. he's constantly getting in front of the net, he gets to wherever he wants cuz he's so big. And if somebody don't like it , he kicks their ass. Sometimes the D scares me, but it seems like they are never out of the game because they have such a good offense. Boyle has made a huge difference and Erhoff is playing better than i've ever remembered him playing.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:09 am
Setoguchi is the man... he is the Crosby on the west coast... this man is doing it all scoring... passing... playing good def
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:43 am
Viz wrote:Setoguchi is the man... he is the Crosby on the west coast... this man is doing it all scoring... passing... playing good def

Setoguchi has got some flair, i love his confidence. He just goes out there and causes trouble for the other team. We have so many mismatches on this team, thats why i think they are dominating

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:47 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
Viz wrote:Setoguchi is the man... he is the Crosby on the west coast... this man is doing it all scoring... passing... playing good def

Setoguchi has got some flair, i love his confidence. He just goes out there and causes trouble for the other team. We have so many mismatches on this team, thats why i think they are dominating

hell yeah... you know that dude Avery. Dunno his first name, but he plays for the Stars now and use to play for the Rangers... yeah i was begging for the sharkies to get him this offseason, but his price tag was too high. The dude is a complete bad asss and just causes havoc. I dont miss him much anymore, cuz the sharks got like 5 Avery's on this team. rough goons who also score and assist very well. New era of hockey.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:53 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:

hell yeah... you know that dude Avery. Dunno his first name, but he plays for the Stars now and use to play for the Rangers... yeah i was begging for the sharkies to get him this offseason, but his price tag was too high. The dude is a complete bad asss and just causes havoc. I dont miss him much anymore, cuz the sharks got like 5 Avery's on this team. rough goons who also score and assist very well. New era of hockey.

Sean Avery is probably the biggest agitator in the NHL, that being said, he also makes some stupid stupid plays. We had a badass like ryan clowe who can piss off the other team and put points up.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 pm
How about the Sharks giving Claude Lemieux a tryout? He's returning after a 5-year absence and will join the Sharks' AHL team. Doug Wilson is good friends with Lemieux, so he was willing to give him a shot at returning. He's 43 years old, but he does have championship experience. Don't know what to say about the addition, but it shouldn't hurt us either way, anyway.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:28 pm
xbay wrote:How about the Sharks giving Claude Lemieux a tryout? He's returning after a 5-year absence and will join the Sharks' AHL team. Doug Wilson is good friends with Lemieux, so he was willing to give him a shot at returning. He's 43 years old, but he does have championship experience. Don't know what to say about the addition, but it shouldn't hurt us either way, anyway.

I doubt he makes it to the big club, but if he does, you know he earned it. The sharks have been keeping one roster slot open basically. They've been shuffling guys back and forth between Worcester and San Jose, Plihal, Staubitz, Greiss.... so if he did make it, it's not like somebody will have to go. I don't know the situation whenever Torrey mitchell gets back though.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 am
sucks there arnt that many sharks fans... cuz damn they are murdering. It's ridiculous how many goals they score... You can never get bored watching the sharks. Any time i turn the TV on they are killing. As soon as the game starts they score... when i look away the score. Of course all this means nothing till playoffs
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:03 pm
I pay attention to the Sharks, sparingly. I've only watched one game all season, but I check the box score of their games every night they play. But damn, they're tearing opponents apart.

What's up with teams from San Jose dominating in a sport? Earthquakes did it in MLS. Sabercats did it in AFL... and still do. Sharks have been competitive the past few seasons... and are at an all time high now. Maybe we outta move my Warriors, Giants, Niners to San Jose. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:22 am
xbay wrote:I pay attention to the Sharks, sparingly. I've only watched one game all season, but I check the box score of their games every night they play. But damn, they're tearing opponents apart.

What's up with teams from San Jose dominating in a sport? Earthquakes did it in MLS. Sabercats did it in AFL... and still do. Sharks have been competitive the past few seasons... and are at an all time high now. Maybe we outta move my Warriors, Giants, Niners to San Jose. :mrgreen:

don't count on it, remember the one year the W's played in San Jose? lol terrible.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:40 pm
Quakes didn't exactly tear it up this year. :( But Huckerby is a champ.

What the Sharks are doing, however, is quite literally historic. Props to the management and FO for running the Sharks with the fans, character, and winning always at the forefront of the franchise.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:53 pm
Thunder wrote:Quakes didn't exactly tear it up this year. :( But Huckerby is a champ.

What the Sharks are doing, however, is quite literally historic. Props to the management and FO for running the Sharks with the fans, character, and winning always at the forefront of the franchise.

Before they had to move to houston, they were building a dynasty, now they have to build from scratch. I don't watch much soccer, but thats a pretty messed up situation to rip away a champion like that.

What the sharks are doing is historic, they are completely dominating teams, i haven't seen anything like it since the Niners during the superbowl years.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:19 pm
man the sharks apparently played pretty bad tonight. I didnt see it, my friend did. He says the jackets outplayed us for the most part. and i guess should of lost this one.

Nevertheless, a 3-2 win i will take.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:16 am
I only watched a couple minutes in the first period when we were down 1-0 and changed it back when it was 3-2 in the 3rd period with around 6 minutes left. Pretty exciting ending... from what I heard from the commentary, the Sharks won via power plays. They took advantage of the penalties issued on the Blue Jackets. Also, Thornton's goal and Nabby's terrific defense got the win.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board