Zach Randolph for Mobley and Tim Thomas

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 pm
Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere yet, but just heard it on PTI. Knicks really dumping here. too bad for their 6-5 start i guess.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm
Beat me to it. I was gonna post it right now. Randolph and Mardy Collins join the Clippers, with Mobley and Tim Thomas joining the Knicks.

Well, I've never liked Randolph, but it's obvious the Clips consider that they've found Brand's replacement with him. Collins is just a backup (Eric Gordon should start from now on at SG, which can only help LA) and both guys the Knicks get will be expirers by 2010, the year in which NY will be a big factor in free agency.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:41 pm
TMC wrote:Beat me to it. I was gonna post it right now. Randolph and Mardy Collins join the Clippers, with Mobley and Tim Thomas joining the Knicks.

Well, I've never liked Randolph, but it's obvious the Clips consider that they've found Brand's replacement with him. Collins is just a backup (Eric Gordon should start from now on at SG, which can only help LA) and both guys the Knicks get will be expirers by 2010, the year in which NY will be a big factor in free agency.

interesting to see what the clips do with Camby and Kaman and Randolph. Someone will have to come off the bench. Unless they move Thornton to the 2, and create a Huge lineup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:49 pm
rizon wrote:interesting to see what the clips do with Camby and Kaman and Randolph. Someone will have to come off the bench. Unless they move Thornton to the 2, and create a Huge lineup.

Nah, I guess Randolph may start from the bench the first few games, but he'll eventually be their starting PF. Which means either Camby or Kaman will have to come from the bench.

I just don't see that big lineup working for them.

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:57 pm
kamans gonna be moved. they've been shopping him to a lot of teams lately. my bet is that kaman ends up in Charlotte, in return for adam morrison and stuff.

clippers are building a complete starting 5, but still don't have any bench. nothing the warriors have to worry about.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:16 pm
Clippers making a mistake if they want to move either Camby or Kaman, as they form one of the best shotblocking and defending duos ever. Since Camby's nearing the end of his career, they should trade him for proven youth, maybe a great SG

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:55 pm
Randolph's been beastly this year too. Be interesting to see if that continues

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:27 am
this is the knicks telling the world "see, there is a dumber team then us"
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:43 am
Randolph is a weird player for me. He is so productive stat wise. Great scorer and rebounder but his performance never has translated into team wins. Is that an indictment on him or the team that has surrounded him. He is such a talented player.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Just another move by Walsh to get more expires to compete with everyone else in the run for LeBron 2010.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:06 pm
With the greater ability for teams to resign their own players, for more money and a longer period of time than other teams can, really wonder what players the Knicks will be able to get in that freeagent market. They could end up with nothing really, just one or two or three overpriced players that don't make them any better

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:17 am
bada wrote:Randolph is a weird player for me. He is so productive stat wise. Great scorer and rebounder but his performance never has translated into team wins. Is that an indictment on him or the team that has surrounded him. He is such a talented player.

That's because he's a blackhole. I haven't seen him this year, but going with previous seasons, each ball he touches never finds its way to a teammate.

Any talented player that takes more than 17 shots per game (not counting free throws) has to have great stats.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:31 am
Hey TMC, come into the chat room thing bro. :wink:

Return to NBA Forum