Patriots @ Dolphins-

Bears @ Rams-

Jets @ Titans-

Raiders @ Broncos-

Giants @ Cards-

Redskins @ Seahawks-

Colts @ Chargers-

Packers - @ Saints

no analysis rob? how am i gonna know why u picked those games? This is almost as bad when pawno forgot to pick the winner of the bye weeks.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:42 pm
Panthers @ Falcons

Eagles @ Ravens

Texans @ Browns

Niners @ Cowboys

Bucs @ Lions

Vikings @ Jaguars

Bills @ Chiefs

Patriots @ Dolphins

Bears @ Rams

Jets @ Titans

Raiders @ Broncos

Giants @ Cards

Redskins @ Seahawks

Colts @ Chargers

Packers @ Saints
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:Cincinnati at Pittsburgh.-

Panthers @ Falcons-

Eagles @ Ravens-

Texans- @ Browns

Niners- @ Cowboys

Bucs @ Lions-

Vikings@ Jaguars -

Bills @ Chiefs-

Patriots @ Dolphins-

Bears @ Rams-

Jets @ Titans-

Raiders @ Broncos-

Giants @ Cards-

Redskins @ Seahawks-

Colts @ Chargers-

Packers - @ Saints

no analysis rob? how am i gonna know why u picked those games? This is almost as bad when pawno forgot to pick the winner of the bye weeks.

was runnin outta time
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:53 am
xbay wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:
bada wrote:xbay, question for you.

Going into last week, I had a 7 game lead over you but now I only have a 5 game lead but yet we only had one pick that was different (cards vs seahawks). How did you pick up 2 games on me?

Not sure. Probably a calculation error like Crackerz said. It's tougher than it seems to view over everyone's pick and add them to the standings. I don't know how many times I've made an error this year, but I do know I can't count them all on one hand.

EDIT;

This is tough. I tried to go back to the latest update of standings I posted before I started editing the first page, and while it seemed your lead is about right to where it currently stands, the amount of games picked were off compared to all the other people. I'll try this again later. If someone could help me, though... that'd be great. :wink:

how about we all calculate our own games, and do it by the honor system. If someone's calculations are fishy, then we will recount it.

Then i can also keep a tally after, so xbay isnt the only one and if their is confusion from either me or him, we can compare are tallies and not have any doubt.

Sounds good. And thanks, bada. If everyone can go back to week one and count their win-loss record up until now, that'd be great.

Ok, I'll post mine later.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:54 pm
Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: Viral Video Edition.
Criteria: I asked myself 'What is the first thing i think of when it comes to [insert city name] in sports. SO for example, thurdays game, when i picked Pittsburgh, the first thing that came to mind were their fans. So expect bloopers, great quotes, unbelievable plays, and more... actually ill just do half the teams, i dont got time finding all the videos i had plan.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Panthers
@ Falcons-

Eagles @ Ravens-
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=related[/youtube]

Texans @ Browns-

Niners @ Cowboys
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=re1dtbyWCvY[/youtube]

Bucs @ Lions
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYj9VUt8vUU[/youtube]

Vikings @ Jaguars

Bills @ Chiefs
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWp-flMnLMQ[/youtube]

Patriots @ Dolphins

Bears @ Rams
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU[/youtube]

Jets @ Titans
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMk5sMHj58I[/youtube]

Raiders @ Broncos

Giants @ Cards
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-aKfTK2LiM[/youtube]

Redskins @ Seahawks

Colts @ Chargers
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM&feature=PlayList&p=5B3FB158AEB68FE4&playnext=1&index=3[/youtube]

Packers @ Saints
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:56 pm
Panthers @ Falcons- Well, the Panthers passing game has been slumping lately... against bad teams. And the Falcons are coming off a loss against the Broncos. Something's gotta give...

Eagles @ Ravens- Ravens are coming off a humiliating defensive performance last week. Eagles are coming off a humiliating tie last week. Something's gotta give...

Texans @ Browns- Rosenfels is still at QB. I think the Browns are the better team.

Niners @ Cowboys- Singletary could of been the Cowboys coach, not Phillips. Rossum loved the Cowboys growing up. I smell a possible close game.

Bucs @ Lions- It seems, as of lately, the only way to beat the Lions is via the ground game.

Vikings @ Jaguars- I'll take the home team.

Bills @ Chiefs- Most first and second year QB's that come into the Red Sea struggle, greatly.

Patriots @ Dolphins- I think the winning streak is snapped and because the Patriots are coming off a loss last week, they'll take this one.

Bears @ Rams- The Rams are just AWFUL.

Jets @ Titans- Wow, tough pick. The Jets offense has been consistent in these past weeks, but they face a tough Titans defense. I smell possible upset. But something's gotta give...

Raiders @ Broncos- They're home, against a bad team, coming off a huge win over the Falcons. They need to keep ground in the AFC West.

Giants @ Cards- I think this game will measure on the scale of how this Cards team will perform in the playoffs. Good game, but I'll take the balanced team.

Redskins @ Seahawks- I heard Portis may not even play. But nevertheless, I'll take the better team who needs it more.

Colts @ Chargers- The Chargers' play is disappointing, and the Colts are fighting hard for a playoff spot.

Packers @ Saints- Ryan Grant... where have you been all season?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:40 pm
Standings updated. Bada increased his 5-game lead to a 6-game lead. Mr. Crackerz and TMC are tied for 3rd place. Both GSW and Rob are tied.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:02 am
hey guys... i got a couple proposals on how we can do the pick-em's for the playoffs (assuming, we're keeping these separate with the regular season ones). Here they are:

1. We can do a tourny style pick, like in the NCAA... so once the matchups are set after week 17, we do all our picks, and each round win correct correlate into a certain amount of points (so like wild card wins are worth 1, division 2, championship 4, and superbowl 8 points).

2. We do what i usually do for pick-ems, by vote of confidence. SO each week in the playoffs, you pick rank each game from most confident to least confident you are that that team will will. SO for example, there 4 games in the wild card, so you will the games from 1-4 (1 being most confident, 4 least). And depending how many you got right, you get points. based on getting your confident picks right. SO for example: i get my 1. confident right and my #3 right. I would get 6 points (as #1 confident=4 points, #2=3pts, #3=2 points, #4=1 point).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
proposal 1 is fun with a large group, and its a one time pick for the entire playoffs. Like if their 10 or more guys, someone can be reletively close.

proposal 2 is fun too, with any size, and you pick each week. The good thing with this one, is if you screw up opening week, you are still in it.

I HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE YOU GUYS, BUT IM TRYING TO LIVE UP THE PICK-EMS FOR THE PLAYOFFS? ANYONE DOWN, I KNOW ITS EARLY, BUT IM ALREADY EXCITED FOR THE PLAYOFFS.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:34 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey guys... i got a couple proposals on how we can do the pick-em's for the playoffs (assuming, we're keeping these separate with the regular season ones). Here they are:

1. We can do a tourny style pick, like in the NCAA... so once the matchups are set after week 17, we do all our picks, and each round win correct correlate into a certain amount of points (so like wild card wins are worth 1, division 2, championship 4, and superbowl 8 points).

2. We do what i usually do for pick-ems, by vote of confidence. SO each week in the playoffs, you pick rank each game from most confident to least confident you are that that team will will. SO for example, there 4 games in the wild card, so you will the games from 1-4 (1 being most confident, 4 least). And depending how many you got right, you get points. based on getting your confident picks right. SO for example: i get my 1. confident right and my #3 right. I would get 6 points (as #1 confident=4 points, #2=3pts, #3=2 points, #4=1 point).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
proposal 1 is fun with a large group, and its a one time pick for the entire playoffs. Like if their 10 or more guys, someone can be reletively close.

proposal 2 is fun too, with any size, and you pick each week. The good thing with this one, is if you screw up opening week, you are still in it.

I HOPE I DIDN'T CONFUSE YOU GUYS, BUT IM TRYING TO LIVE UP THE PICK-EMS FOR THE PLAYOFFS? ANYONE DOWN, I KNOW ITS EARLY, BUT IM ALREADY EXCITED FOR THE PLAYOFFS.

Um... I like both. The first one is more risky, but also more meaningful, as you have to pick the whole playoff scene before it starts. The second one is more interactive, as you'll be able to stay in the pick'em even if you miss all the picks on any given week.

Just for that, I think I vote for the second option.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:11 pm
already thinking about a new contest huh guys! Guess you have resigned yourselves to finishing no better than 2nd! ::razz:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:51 pm
bada's week 13 picks

THU, NOV 27
Tennessee at Detroit - Can the Lions really go 0-16? Dont think Tenn will overlook them coming off their first loss.

Seattle at Dallas - Hass looks terrible and 2/5 of the starting OL will miss the game. But it will be closer than most expect.

Arizona at Philadelphia - Very interesting game. Too much noise in Philly right now.

SUN, NOV 30
San Francisco at Buffalo - Could see this one going either way but I will go with the home team.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - Cincy is playing a bit better but will take the dominant defense.

Indianapolis at Cleveland - Indy peaking at the right time.

Carolina at Green Bay - GB gets their act together

Miami at St. Louis - Nothing could get me to take the Rams

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - NFC Game of the week I think. I think Tampa's d will be able to do JUST ENOUGH

NY Giants at Washington - Great NFC East battle. Giants just look too strong

Atlanta at San Diego - The "Burner" returns to SD and will look to show them why they made a mistake.

Pittsburgh at New England - Have gone back and forth on this one but I think I will take NE. Both teams will find it difficult to score much.

Denver at NY Jets - Denver sucks Donkey balls

Kansas City at Oakland 1st and probably last time I pick the Raiders

Chicago at Minnesota - Huge divisional game. Going with the Vikes in a competitive game.

MON, DEC 1
Jacksonville at Houston- Season over for Jax

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:30 pm
Mr. Crackerz BOLD Predictions: Catch up with Bada Edition! In this edition, i will comment on Bada's comments, in attempt to throw him out of his game for the future, and jinx his picks for this week... well the ones i have different then him.

Tennessee @ Detroit- "Can the Lions really go 0-16?" No, but u can with ur picks.

Seattle @ Dallas- "But it will be closer than most expect" 48-0 isnt close Bada... well maybe for your Seahawks, that might be close.

Arizona @ Philadelphia- "Too much noise" Damn those thin walls

San Francisco @ Buffalo - "Could see this one going either way" Don't be giving Singletary any Locker room ideas

Baltimore @ Cincinnati - "will take the dominant" leave ur sex life out of it.

Indianapolis @ Cleveland - "peaking at the right time" I don't wanna even know what you meant by that

Carolina @ Green Bay - "GB gets their act together" You gonna take that Bigs... Bada's saying ur country isn't as cool as the USA.

Miami @ St. Louis - "Nothing could get me" Quit stealing lines from James Bond.

New Orleans @ Tampa Bay - "will be able to do JUST ENOUGH" oh great, minimal achiever here.

NY Giants @ Washington - "Giants just look too strong" well yeah, u see how tall they are?

Atlanta @ San Diego - "The 'Burner' returns" haha funny u say that bada, that was the nickname of my roommate... for totally different reasons... ironically, this was in san diego!

Pittsburgh @ New England - "find it difficult to score" One word: Alcohol.

Denver @ NY Jets - "Donkey balls" No Thanks! I prefer regular food.

Kansas City @ Oakland- "1st and probably last time" Oh that's what they all say... you will get to like it more!

Chicago @ Minnesota - "Going with the Vikes" Hope you like the cold!

Jacksonville @ Houston- "Season over" Well techically, Winter won't start until December.. ur just going to have to wait.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:35 pm
LOL @ Mr. Crackerz! You never fail to entertain bro. :)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:22 pm
THU, NOV 27
Tennessee at Detroit - Detroit shouldn't end the season winless. But I can't see them beating the Titans.

Seattle at Dallas - Seattle is looking towards next season. And I've been posting this comment about any Seahawks game for the last two months, it seems.

Arizona at Philadelphia - Is McNabb gonna play his last game for the Eagles?. It's gonna be interesting to see how the Eagles fans react to the season of their team.

SUN, NOV 30
San Francisco at Buffalo - Buffalo still in the playoff hunt.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - I don't know who would want to play the Ravens on the playoffs. Well, maybe the Giants.

Indianapolis at Cleveland - What Bada said.

Carolina at Green Bay - Carolina sucks. Most overrated team of the league. Now that the schedule gets harder, we'll see the real Panthers.

Miami at St. Louis - Nobody can save this Ram's team.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay - BIG GAME. Our D has a true test against a great passing offense. But the Saints don't play as well out of the dome. Should be a GREAT game.

NY Giants at Washington - The Redskins will probably lose this one, but the rest of their schedule is fairly easy.

Atlanta at San Diego - The Burner schooling LT?. Could it be possible?.

Pittsburgh at New England - The Steelers can't win on the road if they can't run. And they're having trouble doing that.

Denver at NY Jets - The J-E-T-S are playing their best football when it really matters, and their schedule ain't hard. Should have an easy time beating the Broncos.

Kansas City at Oakland.- Game of the weak. I certainly won't be watching.

Chicago at Minnesota - Don't know who to take here. Let's go with the home team.

MON, DEC 1
Jacksonville at Houston- Just to have a different pick than Bada.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:10 pm
bada wrote:LOL @ Mr. Crackerz! You never fail to entertain bro. :)
yeah i hope i didnt offend you in anyway bada, i do it for all good fun. I have the up most respect for you, and all the members in this bored (except pawno... for obvious reasons :mrgreen: )
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board