Aw Fishsticks! the big four team trade that never was.

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

do you like the crawford move?

Crawford for Al is good
50%
Crawford for Al is bad
25%
I'd rather do this trade
25%
I'd rather do this trade, but it would never happen
No votes
First Off, your idea sucks man.
No votes

Total votes : 4

All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:29 pm
aw fishsticks.... I had just finished this trade Idea I had been working on for a while now.

funny thing is, I was looking at hoopshype.com's salary chart for the knicks this afternoon, and all of a sudden I notice their $$$ total for this year has changed a little from the last time I checked it... I scroll up with my eyes and I see Al's name there! then I thought, "hmm, wonder if they are just anxious for the trade between NY and GS to go down, so they put it on early ya know?" then I checked the warriors salary chart saw crawford's name there (and was slightly depressed that we didn't get a big as well), checked espn.com and realized it was the TRUTH!

I mind as well post my idea... :( :( :(

before you click to check it out, remember that this is a lot of movement, but almost every one of these players either doesn't fit their current team, or wants to be traded.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3190~308~3039~2200~1024~990~2772~739~2211~2753~568&teams=11~18~30~18~30~30~9~9~11~9~18&te=&cash=

well I guess I have two questions...

1. Do you think all four teams would potentially do this trade?
2. Is it better than what actually happened?

The lineups would have looked like this:

GSW
Monta / Felton / Watson
Jackson / Morrow / demarcus
Mags / azu / Randolph
Wright or Lee / Hendrix
Biedrins / Turiaf / Rose (one year left on his contract)

Indiana
Ford / Jack / Diener
Dunleavy / Rush / Belinelli
Granger / Carol
Murphy / Baston / McRoberts
Foster / Nesterovic / Hibbert

Charlotte
Tinsley / Williams
Richardson / Augustin (Larry Brown says he might work on the wing) / Brown
Wallace / Morrison / Dudley /linston
Okafor / May / Brown
Curry / Hollins / Ajinca

New York
Duhon / Robinson / Roberson / starbury
Crawford / collins
Daniels / Richardson / Gallinari
Harrington / Chandler
Randolph / Mohammed / James

reasoning....

Heading to GSW:
- Felton as a backup to monta would truly give us a great PG tandem. Monta has less experience at the PG but he doesn't really need to do a whole lot, because he's surrounded by such a talented starting lineup. Jax, Mags, and now even Dre are all pretty good scorers that don't need to be set up that much. the young second string though, could really be helped by a legit PG, Felton. as Don trusts the second string more and more, the starters can actually take a break, everybody's rested and happy!

- Lee on the warriors doesn't need much explanation. Tough, hard worker, can D up the big men (So AB can give his great weak side help), nice contrast to wrights lanky ass body, etc. etc. Knicks will have to resign him next year, and since they are trying to save room for king james it makes sense that they might want to trade him.

- Rose is just an expiring contract. I would think NY would give it to us for what they are getting in return.

Heading to IND:
- Carrol - it may seem like a lot at 5 Mill for 5 years, but it actually decreases each year down to three something Mill per year. pretty much just a shooter, but has pretty good size and could be a descent back up for Granger. Morrison is starting to take Carrols spot in Charlotte anyway.

- Marco Belinelli - this ones iffy, as the pacers will be over stuffed with slow white guys that can't defend the wing (DunG-leavy, Carol, and now marco), but he'd be more useful there than here. Their offense is a little slower, and he'd be an OK back-up if dungleavy ever gets injured (he can also hit the three). I just fit him in to make it work financially.

Heading to CHA:
-Curry (who they already asked for in a three way trade mind you) can be used more effectively in Charlotte because their offense is very slow. Brown wouldn't like his lack of D, but they already have a rebound/D monster locked up in Okafor. Curry can give them much needed scoring down low. Right now, what's killing them is the low numbers on offense and that they don't have two starting big men. Curry could fill this void.

-Tinsley is stuck behind 3 point guards so he's not seeing any playing time. I don't like him that much, but he could be a descent back up / starter for the Bobcats since they are giving up Felton. slightly overpriced, but they have lots of cash.

-Williams - I guess he works better in a slower offense? If we get Felton we certainly don't need Williams. Would be a good back up to tinsley or Augustin or both

Heading to NYK:
-Harrington is obviously desired in NY.

-Nazr Mohammed - probably the biggest reason why this trade wouldn't happen. he's slow in a fast system, and even worse, has a 3yr contract instead of two, meaning he'd be taking money away from King James. He is a solid back up though.

-Daniels - more money they can write off, but who knows, they might actually like him there. Q Richardson is always injured anyway, and they need a mid-size scorer.

after trades
GSW...
Has a solid second string unit, that can hopefully will Nellie to give the starters some rest occasionally. The cash we'll add through Felton and Lee's new contracts, will be partially cancelled out by Rose's exit (as well as Foyles buy-out ending).

IND...
doesn't change drastically, but they have a pretty solid core right now, so they don't really need to change all that much in the first place. this lets them get rid of Tinsley without a buy-out deal. they also just got Rush, which means that they are ready to kick daniels to the curb. in exchange for giving away their salary dump, they get a descent back up for Granger (carrol) at a low "azu-like" price.

CHA...
Gets the low post scoring and extra big they so despretely need. Curry, Williams and Tinsley are all bad apples, but Brown is a great coach and with him supplying proper motivation, both these guys have the tools to really impress. IF both these guys turn it around mentally, they could be a huge steal. They get rid of Mohammed too, who would be too expensive for third string back-up (behind hollins). They don't really need Carrol that much and don't want to resign felton with a 1st round PG draft pick coming up too.

NYK...
can choose to kick Daniels to the curb just like they would rose, so thats good. But mohammed is a slow big man there for three years.... eww. The only positive thing I can say is that Jerome James guy, who is overpaid, will be cut in two years, and they basically substitute an overpaid, slow, back-up center, (Curry) for a slow, but not ludicrously overpaid, backup-center in Mohammed. Basically what I'm trying to say is that, while this isn't ideal (a two year contract) at least he's considerably less than Curry (almost half price in 2011).
NY will be solid at center w/ Randolph and Mohammed for at least 2 more years, meaning they don't have to waste money on rookie / 3rd string bigs. Al could really be affective in the Nelly-like, Dantonni System, and they can cut him in 2010. Also they avoid having to pay too much for Lee while still getting something of value for him (mohammed).

so that's it,
Where are all my haters at....?

rip/blast it to shreds :mrgreen:
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:52 am
I'd much rather do this trade. I'm a big fan of David Lee... problem is, knowing Nellie, he wouldn't even play him. A PF that can't shoot from outside?. He'd be bench fodder with Nellie.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:56 pm
first off wrote:so that's it,

I'm here, first off. :mrgreen:

Umm i actually like the trade for crawford (assuming that once Monta comes back, someone will be on the trading block). He is the closest thing to a PG now, and is probably better then monta at it. His contract sucks, but its not Horrendous.

I think your trade Idea was good for the warriors, but why on earth would the other 3 teams accept it. Knicks want cap space, indiana is getting no one, and Charlette already has 2 pgs
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:47 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
first off wrote:so that's it,

I'm here, first off. :mrgreen:

Umm i actually like the trade for crawford (assuming that once Monta comes back, someone will be on the trading block). He is the closest thing to a PG now, and is probably better then monta at it. His contract sucks, but its not Horrendous.

I think your trade Idea was good for the warriors, but why on earth would the other 3 teams accept it. Knicks want cap space, indiana is getting no one, and Charlette already has 2 pgs

Indiana doesn't have to buy out Tinsley, a useless player on their roster since they just acquired TJ ford. many speculate they'd just let Marquis Daniels go to free agency next year (just aquired Rush), instead they get a reasonably priced back up for Granger and Belinelli who they can cut if they really don't like. you don't think that's good for them?

Charlotte have already said they wanted Curry (they were willing to ship Wallace for Curry!), and according to many sources are looking to trade Felton because they don't want to resign him. plus there team is an absolute disaster right now. Larry Brown has said how unhappy he is with the play of his starters. they are at rock bottom right now, why wouldn't they want to shake things up? getting top draft picks has done nothing for them in recent years...

Knicks...
- replace Curry with Mohammed - knocking 6 Mill off their pay roll in 2010 off season.
- They lose Rose, and gain Daniels a better player for the same price (who they can cut as well).
- they don't have to sign Lee for a big deal that might cost them LeBron.
- They get Harrington for 2 years and can cut him in the summer of 2010.

How is this not giving them a ton of cap space?
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Return to Trades