Carlisimo fired

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:37 am
PJ Carlisimo fired from the Sonics. Man, even with such low expectations, PJ manages to underwhelm!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3718961
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:17 pm
Truelly one of the worst coaches this league has ever seen...........should have stayed an assistant with San Antonio, they loved him there.

Who the hell is out there for the Thunder??? and more to the point, who would want it?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:07 pm
Carlesimo is great if the objective is to alienate a whole fanbase. Other than that... well, let's say he's been lucky to have had THREE nba coaching gigs.

Sometimes I can understand GMs.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:49 pm
This is one of those rare scenarios where your not ashamed to ask, "Why did it take this long?" He looked lost day 1 when he acquired this team

All Star
Poster Credit: 17
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:07 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This is one of those rare scenarios where your not ashamed to ask, "Why did it take this long?" He looked lost day 1 when he acquired this team

Where does he go from here, I just dont see him getting another head coaching job again. Maybe assistant some place. It did take long though. I dont put too much blame on him, have u seen there roster. Theirdrafting of Bigs is terrible, Johan Petro, Robert Swift, Sene Mouhamed. WTF.. Just terrible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 am
warriorsstepup wrote:
Mr. Crackerz wrote:This is one of those rare scenarios where your not ashamed to ask, "Why did it take this long?" He looked lost day 1 when he acquired this team

Where does he go from here, I just dont see him getting another head coaching job again. Maybe assistant some place. It did take long though. I dont put too much blame on him, have u seen there roster. Theirdrafting of Bigs is terrible, Johan Petro, Robert Swift, Sene Mouhamed. WTF.. Just terrible.

I agree that they dont have much in the way of good players but along with that, expectations were very low. The problem is they just are not competing. They are getting blown out every game and gettting worse.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:05 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:

yeah, i agree he should never be offered a head coaching job. He can never demand respect from his players, and even on such a young team like this one, thats pretty bad. But he is a good x's and o's guys, so i think he will have plenty of options as an assistant still.

All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:17 pm
bada wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

I agree that they dont have much in the way of good players but along with that, expectations were very low. The problem is they just are not competing. They are getting blown out every game and gettting worse.

Can not imagine being a fan of that team, how long do you thing until they become competive. In my eyes a long ways to go, they dont have players that can be used as trade bait. Most definitely the worst team in the league right now, (sorry Bobcats, Wizards, Clippers, Knicks), not trailing to far tho. haha

Its a good start getting rid of Carlisemo, but internally the whole organization will need CHANGE from there scouting team, to the GM, owner, the players. They should just change there name, and city. Oh wait they did already. Dang just horrible.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 pm
well they DID just change their GM last year. He is the youngest GM in the NBA. ALl of the players you mentioned as being terrible draft picks were under the previous regime so we will have to see how the new guy does.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:58 pm
I hated Carlismo from day one.
my question was: What took Latrell so long? (to choke him)
that's what I wanted to do every time I heard the man speak...

I like how Bada still refers to them as the Sonics.... 8) :D

I don't know why, but I get pissed when teams move... especially teams with a history. it's aberrations such as these that lead to sacrilegious pairings of words like Utah and Jazz....

:banghead: :mrgreen: :agrue: :roll: :evil: :bday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:41 pm
Seems like that whole team has been badly effected by the messy leaving of Seattle. They are young and have to get right mentally but they have some talent, not good enough to be playoof caliber but enough to be mediocre right now

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:39 pm
Jackattack wrote:I hated Carlismo from day one.

I don't know why, but I get pissed when teams move... especially teams with a history. it's aberrations such as these that lead to sacrilegious pairings of words like Utah and Jazz....

Haha. I believe that was a 10 to 15 second choke by spree towards Carlisomo, now that's a serious choke. I too didn't feel bad for Carlisomo though, found it funny.

I rembered that's the reason he got traded, Knicks got us good. That's when we got Chris Mills, Terry Cummings , and my favorite John starks. Just terrible.

Utah Jazz. Coming to think about it do they even have 1 jazz club over there, or even night club.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:49 pm
warriorsstepup wrote:

Haha. I believe that was a 10 to 15 second choke by spree towards Carlisomo, now that's a serious choke. I too didn't feel bad for Carlisomo though, found it funny.

I rembered that's the reason he got traded, Knicks got us good. That's when we got Chris Mills, Terry Cummings , and my favorite John starks. Just terrible.

Utah Jazz. Coming to think about it do they even have 1 jazz club over there, or even night club.

Cummings was money from the baseline, and Mills was money from that corner three. what are you talkin about? I'm not mad at Starks, he played hard
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:05 pm
Hey Bada,

You should change the title of your thread to "Carlisimo and Eddie Jordan Fired"

As we dont need (and they dont deserve) two threads for the news of two useless coaches being fired. :wink:

http://www.nba.com/2008/news/11/24/aldr ... index.html

Atleast it might unsettle them for our game...........or it might energise them! who knows.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:
warriorsstepup wrote:

Cummings was money from the baseline, and Mills was money from that corner three. what are you talkin about? I'm not mad at Starks, he played hard

Am sorry those guys were way way way past their prime. They were all fillers who got to play significant minutes.
Next

Return to NBA Forum