Want post moves inside for Golden State?

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:06 am
Don;t trade anyone right now since the team is showing some success. Murphy is a major part of the winning right now. Good to see how the team goes this season and then see what has to change if anything in the offseason

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:49 am
It's hard to see a non-superstar doing what Troy Murphy does for the Warriors. 20 ppg, so far, and over 10 rebounds a game are superstar worthy numbers. On any other team, he'd be making twice as much money and we'd need to trade a player like Jason Richardson to get him. Like I said, other players in his category include Shaq, Emeka, Shawn Marion, and Kevin FREAKING Garnett. He'd be a star on any other team, same level as Elton Brand or Jermaine O'Neal. Unless we can get a player listed above (and I mean with NO garbage players, money, or draft picks), then I think we should keep Murphy. Yes, people, so far he's THAT damn good.

It's times like this that I love the fact that my very first post on this board was rescuing Troy Murphy from a bunch of haters and pointing out how damn good he is. :mrgreen: He's such a damn star without the recognition, it's crazy. Any of you bring up the fact that he can't play D, and I'll simply say Dirk Nowitski (along with the fact that Troy's D is actually improving!). You may not like him because he's not flashy or glory-hogging, but you WILL respect the skills... how CAN'T you?! He's a great player.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:00 pm
migya wrote: Carlos the Boozer be a possibility (but is he worth it?????).

You know what they say, let the good time roll.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:44 pm
Carlos Boozer is garbage. He plants himself next to the rim to grab cheap rebounds and putbacks. He doesn't know how to play the game other than that. Plus he's overpaid. Screw that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:45 pm
#32 wrote:Carlos Boozer is garbage. He plants himself next to the rim to grab cheap rebounds and putbacks. He doesn't know how to play the game other than that. Plus he's overpaid. Screw that.

I agree with every single word. :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:55 am
Ain't it a great name - BOOZER

hahahahaha

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 6:05 am
Yeah, not only by itself, it can evolve into things like this:

http://www.carlosloozer.com/
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 am
Seriously, Boozer is not that bad, he has a jump shot and decent inside game. It just seems like he isn't the hard worker he was in his first two seasons, where he rebounded great and scored a bit as well. He seemed to get arrogant after alot of good things were said about his potential and after he got the huge contract

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:22 am
migya wrote:Seriously, Boozer is not that bad, he has a jump shot and decent inside game. It just seems like he isn't the hard worker he was in his first two seasons, where he rebounded great and scored a bit as well. He seemed to get arrogant after alot of good things were said about his potential and after he got the huge contract

He's a little like our Murph, but worse. He can be a great rebounder when he feels like it, and score a bit, but that's all. He's vastly overpaid and overrated.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:33 am
With the positive forward direction the Jazz are going in, it owuld be best for them to trade Boozer while he is still looked at as very good. They might even be able to get Odom for him straight up. Odom is a very allround player that could rally flourish in the Jazz

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:38 am
Exactly what the Fakers need, a big time rebounder, so Kobe can have even more shots. If this happens, I expect an average of 40 shots each night...

Nah, seriously, Odom is way better than Loozer, and the Jazz do not have anything else to offer (as AK & deron would be off limits).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:44 am
The Lakers would be stupid enough to do that trade. Getting another crowd favourite would be to their glitz and glammour liking, even if it isn't the best thing talentwise

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:03 am
migya wrote:Seriously, Boozer is not that bad, he has a jump shot and decent inside game.

I don't recall ever seeing Boozer develop anything other than a lucky jumper every now and then. Besides, his "jump shot" never extends to midrange, so relating him to Troy Murphy is a kick in the balls, TMC. And Boozer's so-called "inside game" pretty much consists of putbacks or gimmie dunks/layups. In the games I've seen, Carlos lacks moves. He's nothing but natural leaping ability and raw power... a poorer version of Kenyon Martin.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:16 am
TMC wrote:but worse

That's the key to the comparison, of course he doesn't have the shot of Murph, of course he's not on par with him. I was just comparing them as rebounders that can score a bit (Murph more), but their games are not even close.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:02 pm
Ahhh, gotcha.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades