San Jose Sharks

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Role Player
Posts: 333
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:44 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:26 am
well they jus hired todd mclellan, an assistant from the red wings. dnt follow hockey but i guess thas good since the wings jus won the stanley cup.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:46 am
I have said this for a long time but I will try and get into hockey by next year.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1266
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Alameda
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 am
Not much is known about McClellan. He's supposed to be a players' kind of coach and communicates well. Ross McKeon said in an interview on KNBR that he hopes he'll bring a higher level of accountibility to the players on the ice that has lacked for the past few years.

His only head coaching gig prior to this was in the minors. To me he seems like an okay choice though - the Detroit head coach said he knew it was just a matter of time before McClellan got a head coaching job in the NHL.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:57 am
McClellan, as a minor league coach & NHL assistant, has never missed the Playoffs in 14 years. While in the Western Hockey League he not only won a Coach of the Year award, he aslo was the eneral Manager and won Executive of the Year.

Detroit won the President's Trophy 2 of his 3 years, visited the Western Finals twice and won the Stanley Cup. Not too mention he was Detroit's Special Teams coach, and was the mastermind behind the Red Wings potent Powerplay.

Drew Remenda refered to him as the Mike Martz of the NHL...wide open, agressive offense
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:57 am
I hope the sharks don't suffer on the defensive end, but this coach has me pretty excited. I just hope we get a defensemen or two to strengthen this team. It doesn't look like campbell is gonna sign, i hope he does. But he'll for sure be able to make more elsewhere, and for that money he'd probably make more than thornton. Can't imagine them paying that much for him.

hey sfsfsf, have you played any of the hockey video games? thats a good way to kinda get started, and they're really fun man. Coming up on NHL 09 they're gonna allow 6 on 6 online play, so every player on the team can be controlled by a person.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5756
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:40 am
Location: On the couch watching sports
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:05 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:hey sfsfsf, have you played any of the hockey video games? thats a good way to kinda get started, and they're really fun man. Coming up on NHL 09 they're gonna allow 6 on 6 online play, so every player on the team can be controlled by a person.


I have. They are pretty fun. That is where I got most of my limited hockey knowledge. :mrgreen:

I may go out and get 09.
2007 - GoldenStWarriors.com "Rookie of the Year"
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:05 pm
sfsfsfgiants wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:hey sfsfsf, have you played any of the hockey video games? thats a good way to kinda get started, and they're really fun man. Coming up on NHL 09 they're gonna allow 6 on 6 online play, so every player on the team can be controlled by a person.


I have. They are pretty fun. That is where I got most of my limited hockey knowledge. :mrgreen:

I may go out and get 09.



it kind of helps you know the rules, unless you turn them all off or something. I remember back on the super nintendo i used to turn off icing and offsides , and somtimes penalties. But this game looks pretty sick, i'll get that for sure, but there are so many games coming out, and i can't spend too much on video games, unless i get this new job.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:02 pm
Location: Modesto, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:16 am
Defensemen Brian Campbell will not be returning, he signed a monster deal with the Blackhawks. Turns out he was just a rent-a-player.

The first monster deal of the free-agency period belongs to Chicago Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon, who reeled in the top defenseman on the free-agent market, Brian Campbell.

After flirting with other free-agent defensemen Wade Redden and Brad Stuart, Tallon inked the smooth-skating Campbell to an eight-year deal worth an average of $7.142 million annually.

Having previously signed netminder Cristobal Huet to a four-year deal worth an average of $5.625 million a year, Tallon has significantly upgraded a Blackhawks team that fell just three points shy of the postseason last spring.

Playing for Buffalo and then San Jose down the stretch last season, Campbell tied for third among all NHL defensemen with 62 points. He was plus-8.

"We decided we'd try to make an impact today to give our fans something to get excited about," Tallon said. "When you do that, you're going to overpay, but now we have the resources and the ability to do that."
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:20 am
sleandres wrote:Defensemen Brian Campbell will not be returning, he signed a monster deal with the Blackhawks. Turns out he was just a rent-a-player.

The first monster deal of the free-agency period belongs to Chicago Blackhawks general manager Dale Tallon, who reeled in the top defenseman on the free-agent market, Brian Campbell.

After flirting with other free-agent defensemen Wade Redden and Brad Stuart, Tallon inked the smooth-skating Campbell to an eight-year deal worth an average of $7.142 million annually.

Having previously signed netminder Cristobal Huet to a four-year deal worth an average of $5.625 million a year, Tallon has significantly upgraded a Blackhawks team that fell just three points shy of the postseason last spring.

Playing for Buffalo and then San Jose down the stretch last season, Campbell tied for third among all NHL defensemen with 62 points. He was plus-8.

"We decided we'd try to make an impact today to give our fans something to get excited about," Tallon said. "When you do that, you're going to overpay, but now we have the resources and the ability to do that."


greedy bastard! hahaha, jk, the sharks do not overpay for players, and i like that. Most of the time they get guys to stay for less. Even Campbell said that he felt a little guilty leaving because of how good the organization is.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:10 pm
New season starts tonight! anybody excited? Its tough to get excited about the regular season when our problems have all come in the playoffs, but i'm excited to see what McLellan brings to this team.

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:43 am
3-0... woot!!! yeah, i didnt see last nights game cuz of baseball, but i saw parts of the first two and they look dominent on all aspects. Defense and goaltending is sweet, and too many weapons on the center and wing spots... hopefully we go Stanley's way this year

Moderator
Posts: 5314
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:59 am
where the sharks fans at.... another beat down yesterday... boucher, better be healthy for the next one buddy, at least til nabokov returns. 16-3-1... keep it up sharkies.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:40 pm
Yeah, dude. I've only watched one game so far, and it was a pretty exciting one where they came from behind to beat the Blues in a shootout. That was the game Nobokov got injured. It was an intense game, though. Sharks are dominating!
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Posts: 1910
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:43 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:27 pm
Why is sfx3's sig still Hitler?
StuckInSoCal
(GSW for life)
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:32 pm
Location: San Jose
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:52 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Why is sfx3's sig still Hitler?


this had to come up in the sharks thread didn't it?

anyway, sharks are seriously kicking ass. They let the preds steal one a few games ago and what happens last night? serious domination, in hockey and fighting. Anybody see the second Shelley fight? that uppercut was vicious. Staubitz got it from tootoo a little though.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest