Call Of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2 - My Few Days To Dominate

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:20 pm
Ok, so as atleast 2 members are spamming up and taking over the "Video Game Thread"...........much like last year with COD4, we have decided to free ourselves, and those who dont want to see constant chat about this game, from the video game thread. :wink:

So, Ill post the last post between me and Rob...........and hope that some other people get them game and its not just me and Rob going back and forth..........although, I dont mind.

RobDIKUM wrote:I played some more last night, and i am gettin better. I used the Mosin Nagant quite a bit and also the M1 Garand. I was up in the bell tower on outskirts and i was hittin em long range with the unscoped Mosin. I also had a little battle with a tank from up there. I hit it with a bazooka. I see the cannon turning looking for where the shot came from. I ducked, and he never saw me. I hit him with another bazooka, and my team finished it off. I got Dogs yesterday on Dome, man, they are so vicious on that map. I noticed that i died, respawned , called the dogs, and it took a lot more than 3 kills to get another recon. I think they fixed the stacking of kill streak rewards.

Yeah man, the dogs seem to be alot more effective than in the Beta..............dont know you mean about the dying and respawning, then calling in the dogs and it not giving you recon and what not.

Ive had that exact thing, so I thought the old trick was alive and well.............also once, I set my dogs on them, died pretty much straight away, came back and and killed a dude and I recon straight away!..........I thought that was odd as it seemed like it carried over.

Anyway man, I wish I could stand hardcore..............cuz all these jugganazis and having to put a whole clip in people to kill them is driving me mad!!! :evil: ..............but hardcore is just insane on this game with these maps, too random and too many angles for which you be killed, its just camp or die!

Also, man..........I just had a game where I was 36-9, completed 3 challenges and levelled up.............and my Xbox went funny, diconnedted from Xbox live, I re-connected straight away.............to find that EVERYTHING I had done in that game had been erased! :evil: :banghead:

Shall we create our own COD5 thread Rob? so we can let other people talk about other video games in here, and we can ramble on at each other about this game...........like last year, what you think?
Last edited by bigstrads on Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:23 pm
I was waiting for you to create it, took forever and i made my own. Can we merge these threads? lol i'm 2 for 2 on duplicating threads today. I rarely make new threads, and today i make two duplicate ones.

This one feels more official so i'll stick with this one.

*Edit*

I deleted the duplicate

To continue our discussion from the video game thread, james, I got dogs on Dome, died, called the dogs, and it seems like it took 6 kills from the dogs to get a recon plane. I don't know for sure though. I wouldn't mind that though, because the game can get unbalanced and out of hand quickly.

As for campers, i don't mind the tactical camping, which is what you have to do a lot of times in these maps. The corner camping gets me. Though once we know the maps, we know where the campers go, and know how to get around them without them seeing us.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:40 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I was waiting for you to create it, took forever and i made my own. Can we merge these threads? lol i'm 2 for 2 on duplicating threads today. I rarely make new threads, and today i make two duplicate ones.

Yeah, sorry about that, I was cooking dinner for me and the lady and the oven was calling me to get the food out before it burns! :wink:

Also, sorry I came off the game an hour or so ago, had to start the dinner stuff and theres things on T.V me lady wants to watch............:cry:

RobDIKUM wrote:To continue our discussion from the video game thread, james, I got dogs on Dome, died, called the dogs, and it seems like it took 6 kills from the dogs to get a recon plane. I don't know for sure though. I wouldn't mind that though, because the game can get unbalanced and out of hand quickly.

As for campers, i don't mind the tactical camping, which is what you have to do a lot of times in these maps. The corner camping gets me. Though once we know the maps, we know where the campers go, and know how to get around them without them seeing us.

The dogs, I dont know man, sounds like we are having completely opposite experiences with it.............next time I do it on purpose and really pay attention to what happens.

With the campers yeah.............time will allow those who have the balls to move around to figure stuff out but genuinely, I believe that it is going to take a LONG TIME..........or to be honest, it may not happen because of how random the maps are, I mean, there are ALWAYS 8-10+ angles at which you can be killed from at all times.

Man............I keep thinking that Ill learn how to avoid this problem in normal games, and then move onto Hardcore once Ive figured it out and got used to it more.

But as you know, the problem is, that people play so differently on normal than on Hardcore, so its gonna be tough and may have to stick to normal for me.............cuz its just plain ridiculous on Hardcore, with the spawning being awful, I just spawn, die, spawn, die...........and so on.

Its annoying cuz hardcore is my thing, I love it!!!..........but at the moment Im having 1 decent game, then 3 bad ones, 1 great game, then 4 bad ones........... :cry:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I was waiting for you to create it, took forever and i made my own. Can we merge these threads? lol i'm 2 for 2 on duplicating threads today. I rarely make new threads, and today i make two duplicate ones.

Yeah, sorry about that, I was cooking dinner for me and the lady and the oven was calling me to get the food out before it burns! :wink:

Also, sorry I came off the game an hour or so ago, had to start the dinner stuff and theres things on T.V me lady wants to watch............:cry:

RobDIKUM wrote:To continue our discussion from the video game thread, james, I got dogs on Dome, died, called the dogs, and it seems like it took 6 kills from the dogs to get a recon plane. I don't know for sure though. I wouldn't mind that though, because the game can get unbalanced and out of hand quickly.

The dogs, I dont know man, sounds like we are having completely opposite experiences with it.............next time I do it on purpose and really pay attention to what happens.

With the campers yeah.............time will allow those who have the balls to move around to figure stuff out but genuinely, I believe that it is going to take a LONG TIME..........or to be honest, it may not happen because of how random the maps are, I mean, there are ALWAYS 8-10+ angles at which you can be killed from at all times.

Man............I keep thinking that Ill learn how to avoid this problem in normal games, and then move onto Hardcore once Ive figured it out and got used to it more.

But as you know, the problem is, that people play so differently on normal than on Hardcore, so its gonna be tough and may have to stick to normal for me.............cuz its just plain ridiculous on Hardcore, with the spawning being awful, I just spawn, die, spawn, die...........and so on.

Its annoying cuz hardcore is my thing, I love it!!!..........but at the moment Im having 1 decent game, then 3 bad ones, 1 great game, then 4 bad ones........... :cry:

I think what's going to happen is, people are going to be forced to play as a team. As you said, there are 8 -10 angles to play, so each person will have to be responsible for a few. It's much harder to do the lone wolf thing right now. I noticed this on Airfield. My team spawned and inched toward the building overlooking the burning plane. We all took spots of cover , surveyed the landscape and took out enemies when they showed themselves. We didn't talk about doing this, the natural flow of the game had us play this way, and it was fun and it worked. There are so many maps where you can basically have all your guys lined up along an area, basically holding it down, covering all angles.

As for dinner, no problem man, i'm here at work so i had nothing better to do. I'll be leaving home soon though.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:06 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:I think what's going to happen is, people are going to be forced to play as a team. As you said, there are 8 -10 angles to play, so each person will have to be responsible for a few. It's much harder to do the lone wolf thing right now. I noticed this on Airfield. My team spawned and inched toward the building overlooking the burning plane. We all took spots of cover , surveyed the landscape and took out enemies when they showed themselves. We didn't talk about doing this, the natural flow of the game had us play this way, and it was fun and it worked. There are so many maps where you can basically have all your guys lined up along an area, basically holding it down, covering all angles.

As for dinner, no problem man, i'm here at work so i had nothing better to do. I'll be leaving home soon though.

I hope thats how it turns out.............although I cant say Ive experienced much of that yet, I suppose its just people simply not knowing what area to cover............I dont still.

Im playing alot of "War" on normal mode cuz I find that you can lone wolf it alot easier as people obviously gravitate towards the flag, so if you flank you get to take alot of them out.

Your at work? do your kids play on your Xbox whilst your out? as "you" came online and I was gonna invite you to a game before I had to go..........man, you always work Saturdays huh? thats sucks abit, what do you do?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:15 pm
bigstrads wrote:
RobDIKUM wrote:I think what's going to happen is, people are going to be forced to play as a team. As you said, there are 8 -10 angles to play, so each person will have to be responsible for a few. It's much harder to do the lone wolf thing right now. I noticed this on Airfield. My team spawned and inched toward the building overlooking the burning plane. We all took spots of cover , surveyed the landscape and took out enemies when they showed themselves. We didn't talk about doing this, the natural flow of the game had us play this way, and it was fun and it worked. There are so many maps where you can basically have all your guys lined up along an area, basically holding it down, covering all angles.

I hope thats how it turns out.............although I cant say Ive experienced much of that yet, I suppose its just people simply not knowing what area to cover............I dont still.

Im playing alot of "War" on normal mode cuz I find that you can lone wolf it alot easier as people obviously gravitate towards the flag, so if you flank you get to take alot of them out.

Your at work? do your kids play on your Xbox whilst your out? as "you" came online and I was gonna invite you to a game before I had to go..........man, you always work Saturdays huh? thats sucks abit, what do you do?

well, was COD actually playing? sometimes my girlfriends nephews play. One time we went to her family's house about 4 hours south of where i live, and her cousin was playing (he's one of my friends on live). He asks me why i'm playing COD4. My woman forgot to lock our room door, and they got in and were playing, not knowing we would know they were playing. We called my brother in law ( the kids dad) and he denied that they were playing but they had no idea i had the proof already. Really i just didn't want them in the room and also they had to climb our tv stand to get the game. I don't trust those kids.

As for work, it's every other saturday, and it's a way to get a little overtime. I can complain my way out of it, because i don't do my normal duties that i do during the week. I'm a junior Process Engineer for a company that manufactures circuit boards. During the week I help with some of the more complex jobs, presentations, and if we have a Circuit board that is no good, i have to figure out why to determine how we are not going to **** it up again. On saturdays, i do what i did when i was first hired. Basically, just take a sample from a circuit board, do a cross section and analyze it for the customer. Its more of a lab tech, than engineering. I was hired before i graduated, started out doing the cross sections full time because the guy doing them was moving into engineering. We have since swapped and he's back doing cross sections, though i cover him every other saturday.

As for WAW, I am starting to somewhat get used to the maps and i can find some decent spots. I just need my betties!
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:25 pm
RobDIKUM wrote:well, was COD actually playing? sometimes my girlfriends nephews play. One time we went to her family's house about 4 hours south of where i live, and her cousin was playing (he's one of my friends on live). He asks me why i'm playing COD4. My woman forgot to lock our room door, and they got in and were playing, not knowing we would know they were playing. We called my brother in law ( the kids dad) and he denied that they were playing but they had no idea i had the proof already. Really i just didn't want them in the room and also they had to climb our tv stand to get the game. I don't trust those kids.

I didnt notice what "you" were playing, just saw the online thing pop up and assumed it was you............man, you need to lock your Xbox away dude! :mrgreen:

RobDIKUM wrote:As for work, it's every other saturday, and it's a way to get a little overtime. I can complain my way out of it, because i don't do my normal duties that i do during the week. I'm a junior Process Engineer for a company that manufactures circuit boards. During the week I help with some of the more complex jobs, presentations, and if we have a Circuit board that is no good, i have to figure out why to determine how we are not going to **** it up again. On saturdays, i do what i did when i was first hired. Basically, just take a sample from a circuit board, do a cross section and analyze it for the customer. Its more of a lab tech, than engineering. I was hired before i graduated, started out doing the cross sections full time because the guy doing them was moving into engineering. We have since swapped and he's back doing cross sections, though i cover him every other saturday.

As for WAW, I am starting to somewhat get used to the maps and i can find some decent spots. I just need my betties!

Sounds cool man, always wondered what you do and never asked before I think.............you enjoy it?
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:39 pm
bigstrads]

I didnt notice what "you" were playing, just saw the online thing pop up and assumed it was you............man, you need to lock your Xbox away dude! :mrgreen:

[quote="RobDIKUM wrote:
As for work, it's every other saturday, and it's a way to get a little overtime. I can complain my way out of it, because i don't do my normal duties that i do during the week. I'm a junior Process Engineer for a company that manufactures circuit boards. During the week I help with some of the more complex jobs, presentations, and if we have a Circuit board that is no good, i have to figure out why to determine how we are not going to **** it up again. On saturdays, i do what i did when i was first hired. Basically, just take a sample from a circuit board, do a cross section and analyze it for the customer. Its more of a lab tech, than engineering. I was hired before i graduated, started out doing the cross sections full time because the guy doing them was moving into engineering. We have since swapped and he's back doing cross sections, though i cover him every other saturday.

Sounds cool man, always wondered what you do and never asked before I think.............you enjoy it?[/quote]

A lot of times it'll be a video playing. I think thats what it was today.

As for my job, I like the fact that i learn a ton of stuff. It's not exactly what i went to school for, so everything was pretty new. I'm gettin it down pretty fast. The problem is, they don't pay me nearly enough for what i do, thought i'm due a review and a nice raise soon. My last review was before i joined the engineering team. I like it sometimes and others i don't. I'm still looking for other jobs. had an interview last week for a company that makes electric dirtbikes. It looks really fun to work there, and they are hiring for a full time electrical engineer. Haven't heard back, but i'll probably contact them soon.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:56 pm
Sounds good man, good luck for the interview one..............fingers crossed! :wink:

Man, I might have to switch to Hardcore now..................cuz Im getting REAL f*cking angry playing this bull sh*t with juggerc*nts and dumb sh*t team mates. :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:13 pm
i enjoyed some good hardcore earlier. I didn't do great, but i'm not getting way more deaths. My aim is better and i kind of understand the environments more.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:09 pm
Can someone give me the run down on the online multiplayer? How are the perks, how are the guns... Basically I'm just asking if this is worth a purchase for the online play
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:21 pm
speakonitgod wrote:Can someone give me the run down on the online multiplayer? How are the perks, how are the guns... Basically I'm just asking if this is worth a purchase for the online play

basically like COD4 but with a couple different perks and an extra perk slot for tank specific perks. Also, last stand is now second chance, and when a teammate goes into the last stand part you can revive them. There are some really huge maps, much bigger than COD4 maps. I'm having a lot of fun, the environments are better IMO. The weapons take some getting used to , but i think the gameplay overall will be better than COD4. Rent it, and see if you like the difference. Gameplay is the same, though its a little slower paced, and a little more methodical. Plus there is up to 4 player co op for campaign, and when you beat the game, you unlock zombie mode, which is basically waves of zombies and its like an arcade game. You can do that online co op as well. I love this game, but maybe rent it first to make sure.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:23 am
speakonitgod wrote:Can someone give me the run down on the online multiplayer? How are the perks, how are the guns... Basically I'm just asking if this is worth a purchase for the online play

Definately worth it Speak.............Rob gave you a good low down.

For me, the best thing is to not expect it to be anything like COD4 (you seemed to love it as much as I do) and youll just enjoy it as an extension/time travel version of COD4.

The guns, for me, there isnt as much variation between them............most of the rifles are/feel exactly the same, the bolt actions (sniper) are a little crap given that you have to EARN the scope for most of them.

Perks are pretty much the same, everything is there from COD4, just called different things..............the last stand thing Rob mentioned, with the revivial things, I think you have to actually have the revival perk on...............ie: one player has last stand, one had revival, so the revival guy can revive the last stand guy............I think thats how it works.

The feel of the gameplay is alot slower and a little sluggish............but not enough to put me off (game play and feel is the most important thing for me)

The maps are just INSANE!!! they are so random and virtually impossible, at first perhaps, to always cover the angles from which you can be killed..............you know like in COD4 you can basically figure out the maps and where people could get you from, and be a monster................I dont think that is going to happen on this game, its camp or die at the moment.

Anyway, definately worth Speak.............plus wed have someone else in this thread besides me and Rob! :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:13 pm
SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!! SPAWN...........WALK AROUND A CORNER..........DIE!!!

This game is sh*t..............its pissing me off so much, and I have a 1.60 K/D ratio!!!

Its just so f*cking stupid with the spawning and random bullshit. :banghead: :evil: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 pm
hahahahahahahhahaha, man i hope pawno don't read this thread. You're so negative.

jk, man, i'm kinda gettin used to the spawns. THetimes where you spawn in the line of fire are terrible. Other than that, i've learned that when i spawn, i back up in the nearest corner and survey the situation. Or, i'll ask whoever i spawn next to, the good thing is if you party up, you are in a squad, so you'll spawn near your guys.
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum