AI TRADED

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:23 pm
Do the financials work if we flip Al Harrington for McDyess?

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:04 pm
This is being reported about McDyess so hes either playing for Detroit or not playing at all i guess:

The Nuggets are expected to waive the 34-year-old McDyess, ESPN.com's Chad Ford reports. McDyess has no interest in playing for any team other than the Pistons, meaning he could choose to retire or negotiate a contract buyout with Denver.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:50 pm
Hmm... interesting. At first I thought the thread said Al traded. As in Al Harrington and not AI as in Allen Iverson.

Denver gets the true PG it's wanted for a while now. When 'Melo returns from suspension, this team will be better than it was. But the big men spot still is a huge hole as Nene is the only good one they have. Detroit gets the offensive weapon they needed for this declining team.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:01 pm
wish Dumars was running us
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm
This trade sort of shocked me-Billips has been the heart and soul of the Pistons for so long. Where Rip can be up and down streaky, Chauncey has always been there knocking down clutch shots (and free throws) and playing that D in the playoffs. Is Dumars really thinking the salary money angle? Hmm, maybe you're right. After seeing Rasheed tank so much in the playoffs last year I figured he'd be the expendable one. I guess time will tell on this, I think Denver got the better deal but AI is capable of better numbers on offense and providing that spark. Yeah, him and Sheed on the same team--wonder how that'll work out...
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:50 am
WarriorsAlaskaFan wrote:This trade sort of shocked me-Billips has been the heart and soul of the Pistons for so long. Where Rip can be up and down streaky, Chauncey has always been there knocking down clutch shots (and free throws) and playing that D in the playoffs. Is Dumars really thinking the salary money angle? Hmm, maybe you're right. After seeing Rasheed tank so much in the playoffs last year I figured he'd be the expendable one. I guess time will tell on this, I think Denver got the better deal but AI is capable of better numbers on offense and providing that spark. Yeah, him and Sheed on the same team--wonder how that'll work out...

Iversons 20mill contract comes off the books at the end of the year. Billups has 30mill+ owed to him over the next 3 years i believe. Definitely about money
Rookie
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:56 am
Yeah, looks like you're right...interesting to see how it'll impact both teams. I didn't know Billips is a CU alum so it'll be a homecoming for him as well.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:32 am
Call me crazy, but i had a dream last night on this. Not on the AI trade, but one the new look pistens that had AI, rip hamilton, lamar odom, al harrington, and Jason Maxiel in their starting five, with a bench consisting of stucky as their six man. Key departures include also Prince and Wallace.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:15 am
wow, that AI trade is starting to look real good for the Pistons
Previous

Return to NBA Forum