MTV SUCKS!!! also VH1

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:09 am
Simply enough this channel has gone down hill for how long now.

This should no longer be MTV but RTV(reality television).

It doesn't help that its main competitor VH1 has also decided to follow MTV's trends and play so many damn reality shows.

You have both having Diddy make a Reality show, making the band for MTV and some being acquainted at diddy apprentice on VH1.

I can't even get music when i want to from those channels unless its like 3A.M.

MTV and VH1 should just share one channel and just be called Dating television instead. Because literally every single show has to do with dating or finding love.

I still can't get over how this all started... Surreal Life and Flavor Flav.

and from there... he had his own show with brigitte nielson, then flavor of love 3, then you have new york with her own show, then you have rock of love... the list goes on and on.

But to have all these shows means one thing... people are watching it. But I am just sick of not being able to watch music videos... and so on.
THATS OUR FUTURE RIGHT THERE
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:34 pm
MTV died a while ago with all the reality crap they show. Everything is scripted on that network.

VH1 has it's moments at times. But the rest of it is pretty bad.

Comedy Central is lone station I can stick thin and through with. Colbert Report, Daily Show, South Park, old episodes of Mad TV keep me attached to the network.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:01 pm
xbay wrote:MTV died a while ago with all the reality crap they show. Everything is scripted on that network.

Comedy Central is lone station I can stick thin and through with. Colbert Report, Daily Show, South Park, old episodes of Mad TV keep me attached to the network.

yeah, i just saw the latest south park just now online, it dealt with the election... funny ****... makes fun of democrats and their thinking of change, and the republicans and their "were doom" paranoia. Those guys never disappoint
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:06 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
xbay wrote:MTV died a while ago with all the reality crap they show. Everything is scripted on that network.

yeah, i just saw the latest south park just now online, it dealt with the election... funny ****... makes fun of democrats and their thinking of change, and the republicans and their "were doom" paranoia. Those guys never disappoint

Yeah, South Park has done a great job, lately. I give props to them for doing a job well done keep this show alive. Heck, even the movie they made couple years ago was pretty funny... Team America: World Police.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:22 am
Yes Mtv Blows, they sold there soul to the devil a long time ago. they're afraid to be bold, fresh, and different. They'd rather see what's cool and then duplicate it a million times, or sell artists that give them the most money (from their labels) then go out and find unique TALENTED people. basically Mtv big wigs like money not music. I remember watching a video about trends and pop culture in middle school. they explained how TRL only gives you a list of videos that they want to promote to vote on, because they have contracts with the artists.

fyi: I think I read somewhere that Mtv owns VH1 now (bought'em like 5 years ago)

Comedy Central rocks... I grew up watching their stand up stuff and shiit like Dr. Katz and Mystery Science Fiction Theater 3000. They've been the only network that's been consistently fresh and entertaining over the last 20 odd years.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:24 am
Oh and South Park has just gotten stupid lately...

Their social commentary is just too focused these days, the whole episode builds to this giant joke that usually doesn't deliver.

the last 2 seasons (minus the guitar Queero ep) have been pretty awful. If you think these new episodes are funny, then you probably haven't seen the first ten seasons. those ones are the bomb!

you just don't get random funny lines like:

- [cartman sings] "Ha Ha Ha Ha, Ha, Ha! I made you eat your parents"

- Jesus to some arab terrorists - "you forgot one thing, I'm packing" then he shoots one and stabs another in the neck with a hidden blade!

- Lenard Malton explaining to Chef about Barbra Streisand "Her mother was a jackal, and her father was an insurance salesman"
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

Return to Off-Topic Forum