"And Now.........The End Is Near..........."

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm
Ahh............Bada's post brings tears of appreciation through recognition from someone who gets/understands me.........Crackerz brings tears of laughter!!!

Just what I needed, thanks fellas. :wink:

Bring on the gay insults! :roll: :mrgreen:
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:04 pm
yes, this place seems like their sphincter is way too tight. Personally I would find it hard to work somewhere that rigid. I believe in hiring good people and then empowering them to acheive to great heights. Not turning them into robots.

believe me bigs, you will find something better!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:07 pm
bada wrote:yes, this place seems like their sphincter is way too tight. Personally I would find it hard to work somewhere that rigid. I believe in hiring good people and then empowering them to acheive to great heights. Not turning them into robots.

believe me bigs, you will find something better!

I actually applied for two jobs yesterday, before all this...........one of which is for a company that handles sports marketing and events management for sports teams.........so Im crossing my fingers on that one.

Although.............question..............Bada, does your company sponsor overseas recruitment/immigration??? :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:11 pm
bigstrads wrote:Although.............question..............Bada, does your company sponsor overseas recruitment/immigration??? :wink:

****, they are paying me so much money they could not afford to do that! :wink:

good luck on those jobs man. keep us informed as to how it goes.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Pawno, wtf? in the words of June Cleaver: "Ward, I think you are being a bit hard on the boy"

Bada, word.... I couldn't have said it better myself. James is a solid friend, as passionate as they come and would be an asset to most any organization.

Bigs, wow! I'm surprised, since it was your first day, that they just didn't warn you about it and sweep it under the carpet. The fact that they have now suspended you over it is just ridiculous. I understand that financial institutions are hyper sensitive to security issues but this just seems over the top.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:33 pm
bigstrads wrote:Result of the meeting = I have been suspended with full pay, pending a disaplinary hearing which I will receive a weeks notice for.

:D
Fukin champion! Most people only dream of that happening to them

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Honestly BIGS...

I wouldn't hire you for any type of job no matter what qualifications you have (just by going off that your the most negative person on this board, and the fact can be proven that your signature at a Lakers vs Warriors game, you look as excited as a Grandfather shopping for My Lil Pony toys)

Oi Bigs, this is what you get for going on about gay shiit for at least a week - THE PAWNDOG WANTS SOME OF YOUR KOK!
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:03 pm
:shock: ::lol: ::lol: ::lol: :D :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3pIsA0Q ... re=related

Steph Curry fakin Chris Anderson out of his jock: awesome!
look on Turiaf's face: priceless
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:18 am
bigstrads wrote: Im the most negative person here??? seriously? well, man............Id like to see some of your "examples" of "fact" about that.

Actually man, I just searched all your posts looking for examples and I must say ive seen a lot of smiley face and winks… But your 2nd favorite smiley is the headbanging or sad face and I guess your constant swearing has me painting you as a typical whinger.
Honestly BIGS, I don’t know you to well and I’d probably retract my comment about you being the most negative.. I guess that title belongs to bada for reasons he knows why :P
But you’ve just left me with a bad feeling as always crying. I could dig up the posts that have irritated me, But I don’t really feel like doing it cause I don’t wanna add feul to a fire when I’m kind of regressing on my whole theory, K?

bigstrads wrote: 3 - Ive answered the question of why I look like I do in my picture many, many times..............and its still the same = I was concentrating, alone, wasnt with a familiar person on the whole trip.........so I wasnt exactly able to be looking full of glee at all times, ohh and I didnt know the cameras were on me either, if the camera had been there 2 minutes before it would have seen me talking, laughing and joking with another fan.

Ok I can respect that man…
bigstrads wrote: 5 - I think you know Pawno, that people here and in general only really are interested and atalk about the negative things.

Tell me about it. 12 year playoff drought programs evil **** into your brain.
bigstrads wrote:The sticky in game threads, for which I spent quite abit of time putting together, and update after every game............just so all of you can get stats/results/schedule at a quick glance.

This is a good idea I agree man…
bigstrads wrote: 7 - Go back and read the first post and reason for this exact thread............if you bothered, you would see that its a celebration and big thanks to all my friends here who have got me through this difficult year off...........pretty positive in my obviously negative mind. :roll:

Yes I read the first thread… you showed us all love, But it was so anti climatic that you would want to quit after a day. Most people bite the bullet and get on with life. I know you don’t wanna be stuck in a job you don’t enjoy doing… but seriously your comments about your staff members being idiots or deadshits is quite pretentious. You gotta give people a chance and you obviously have a short temper and narrow mind- It was basically you saying “Your better than them. And you ain’t really given them a chance”
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:31 am
bada wrote:pawno, I dont think it is fair at all to call bigs the MOST negative person on the board. I can think of several people that could fit THAT bill.

Bigs is passionate, protective, and wears his emotions on his sleeve. You can always count on him to tell you exactly how he is feeling. With that, you will get negative and positive posts depending on what he is feeling.

There are people that come here with only the intention to argue or be negative about the team or whatever. In my opinion it is totally unfair to lump bigs into that group.

in real life I would love to have a friend like bigs... he is fiercely loyal to things he cares about and always comes to their defense.

I want a guy like that on my team any day. His traits would be extremely valuable in an organization. Apathy is something I want no part of. Nobody can accuse bigs of being apathetic.

But obviously you are entitled to your opinion but regardless, to jump on a guy when he obviously is a bit down is just in very poor character.

bigs, I would hire you anytime... :)

What's this in real life Bull$h!t Bada? Can't you have a real life friend on the internet? :mrgreen:

Man i agree if you check my previous post that i tend not to think his the most negative. I do appreciate the depth he goes into. His definately loyal and passionate about the team, But i think BIGS does have issues where he's just oozing negativity.

Now im not gonna take sides, But obviously Bada is your friend. YOu probably know of his very petty and very immature beef with Jrich (like i said i'm not taking sides) But anyone who constantly argues with one online just gets the pretty old picture of a whinger in my eyes.

HEY BIGS... If your reading this. Obviously im being a bit judgemental but i'm definately not being observant. I think when i say you should take a look at yourself in the mirror you should do it for your own personal good and realise what a fantastic person you are too.

Your the first to congratulate me and wish me a safe upcoming vacation to America, But if you go back through your threads you'll find where you've said some **** where i believe you could deal with harnessing your emotions. But seriously go back and read your posts... You've said some really disturbing things.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:50 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
bigstrads wrote: Im the most negative person here??? seriously? well, man............Id like to see some of your "examples" of "fact" about that.

Actually man, I just searched all your posts looking for examples and I must say ive seen a lot of smiley face and winks… But your 2nd favorite smiley is the headbanging or sad face and I guess your constant swearing has me painting you as a typical whinger.
Honestly BIGS, I don’t know you to well and I’d probably retract my comment about you being the most negative.. I guess that title belongs to bada for reasons he knows why :P
But you’ve just left me with a bad feeling as always crying. I could dig up the posts that have irritated me, But I don’t really feel like doing it cause I don’t wanna add feul to a fire when I’m kind of regressing on my whole theory, K?

Well..........of course, I know and fully admit that I post alot of angry/ranting/swearing stuff.

But that is all born out of my passion and love for my team, that I cant stand to see a single thing go wrong.............after 18 years now, EVERY bad move STILL hurts me to my very core and with my willingness to be completely open and honest with you guys here, at all times, this obviously puts me in the firing line to be deemed as "negative" or "whiney"

So be it............those who understand me and recognise that, know that its not really me being negative, its just my passion and love for my team getting the better of me.

Simply, if theres a positive thing to talk about...........then I either point it out, mostly the first one to do so, or I talk about it and recognise it as a postitive...........I could name about 7 regular people here who do nothing but look straight to the negatives, and do nothing but turn positives into negatives.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
bigstrads wrote: 7 - Go back and read the first post and reason for this exact thread............if you bothered, you would see that its a celebration and big thanks to all my friends here who have got me through this difficult year off...........pretty positive in my obviously negative mind. :roll:

Yes I read the first thread… you showed us all love, But it was so anti climatic that you would want to quit after a day. Most people bite the bullet and get on with life. I know you don’t wanna be stuck in a job you don’t enjoy doing… but seriously your comments about your staff members being idiots or deadshits is quite pretentious. You gotta give people a chance and you obviously have a short temper and narrow mind- It was basically you saying “Your better than them. And you ain’t really given them a chance”

Of course it was anti-climactic...........IT WAS ME GOING THROUGH IT REMEMBER!!! Im the one that has to suffer through this, and again my willingness to share whatever is going on in my life, and how I honestly feel about it is my downfall yet again...........but also who I am, and I wont stop, even if it gives me the reputation of being a "whinger"..........Im just being honest and open.

If Id had not said anything about the problems I was having, you probably wouldnt have made your post, as it obviously tipped you over the edge as far as your opinion of me.

Simply put, I KNOW, that if any one of you guys (or anyone with even half a brain) had been in my position, youd say the same..............trust me, this is not just me moaning about this company, this company is by far the worst I have ever seen (out of 8 different financial organisations I have worked for ).........and the people there are incredibly narrow minded in a business sense, completely dis-organised and just plain stupid.

The fact that EVER SINGLE ONE of the other new people that started around my time, said the exact same things as me, and some worse, shows that its not just me who thinks this............and as far as me saying "I am better than them" and being "Pretentious"............well, I am better than them, anyone who really knows me knows that and has told me so!

So again.............I tell you guys that stuff because I like to be honest and open with my friends (to whom this thread was aimed at)

The sad thing for me is that if one of you guys had this situation and were talking as I was..............I would simply support that person, because at the end of the day I wouldnt know the real situation and couldnt comment on it as "clearly" and as NEGATIVELY as you have............I would have no right to do that because A: I am not that person and I wouldnt know what they have been through in their life and B: I am not in that situation and hence do not know how bad it really is and all the other mitigating circumstances that would be involved.

Ps: Please note that if I didnt respect and value your opinion as I do/did............then I would normally be ranting and swearing my ass of at you...........but Im not, Im talking rationally because you simply have it all wrong, and in those instances I want to explain myself and gain your understanding that it isnt perhaps as it seems.

*EDIT* - After reading your reply to Bada.

The J-Rich thing.............why do you, and everyone for that matter, think that I do that? seriously, Id like to know...........and with how I treat/reply to anyone who treats this place and its members with nothing but contempt and no respect.

I am very protective over things that I love, and I love this place and many people on it............and when I see people who try and bring it down, I want to bring them down.

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:You've said some really disturbing things

I tell you what, do me a one favour, and find ONE of these "distrubing" things that lead you to believe what you do...........as I cant comprehend how someone would label me as that, so have no concept of what you talking..........and hence cannot recognise/change it because I really have no clue about what you mean.

Id like an opportunity to see one of them and to either acknowledge it and adhere to what your saying............or explain how you may have interpreted it wrong.
Last edited by bigstrads on Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:58 am
bigstrads wrote:Ohh god................I hate life.

More importantly, I hate stupid people...........and my new work is FULL of them, seriously, probably the stupidest collection of rules and policies Ive EVER come across.

Feel like sh*t. :cry:

Ok Thanks BIGS for the elaboration.. i say this post really got under my skin cause i don't like to hear you or anyone for that matter say i hate life?

I know you dont really hate life but (job=life) so i guess your really just bitching about your job.

But dude i worry for you because when i see you go on one of your rants, i imagine you as that same person typing in your avatar. typing furiously banging your head then dying at your keyboard.

I just hope your open to accepting my apology cause it was wrong for me to say your the most negative.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 am
so when is sfx3 coming back
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:02 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Ohh god................I hate life.

More importantly, I hate stupid people...........and my new work is FULL of them, seriously, probably the stupidest collection of rules and policies Ive EVER come across.

Feel like sh*t. :cry:

Ok Thanks BIGS for the elaboration.. i say this post really got under my skin cause i don't like to hear you or anyone for that matter say i hate life?

I know you dont really hate life but (job=life) so i guess your really just bitching about your job.

But dude i worry for you because when i see you go on one of your rants, i imagine you as that same person typing in your avatar. typing furiously banging your head then dying at your keyboard.

I just hope your open to accepting my apology cause it was wrong for me to say your the most negative.

Cool, if thats an example then yes..............I didnt sound too happy did I? but you did answer your own question with the "hate life" thing.......of course I meant "job=life"

And I didnt explain myself in that post, largely because I didnt want to rant on and on to you guys about stuff you wouldnt fully understand (Ie: you dont know the situation and you arent there with me to see its justified or not)

But obviously, with this ridiculous suspension happening...........the rant then came.

And Ill be honest with you, yesterday, before all this happend in the afternoon.............I was actually thinking to myself "Ohh well, I can accept this and I can get on, cuz I have too and as long as I keep my head down Ill be ok" and the fact I did 8 cases, when I was expected/targeted to only do 1............says alot about my acceptance and "just get on with it" attitude.

So that in itself is abit of proof of how I felt about it at that point.

Overall man, you dont need to apologise, you had an impression about me............you voiced it, I countered and tried to explain myself (without screaming at you) we talked as men..........and hopefully things are a little clearer.

speakonitgod wrote:so when is sfx3 coming back

LOL!!!...........nice changing of subject to a lighter one huh Speak? :wink: who knows, we shall see.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:40 am
Bigs, I think Pawno is helping a lot here to see it from a different point of view. I don't fully agree with the way he put it (does the word "subtlety" exist in Aussie english, pawno?), but it's certainly an interesting take on the situation.

I mean, when you talk openly about your personal stuff in a thread like this, you have to take the good and the bad. And Pawno's take on the issue is totally different from the rest of the posters here. It's a different perception that I'm fully sure other members share, but did not post about it.

What I mean is that you should expect some criticism coming your way, and that's positive, because it's a good way to learn, to realize how other people sees the situation and what they consider you've done wrong, Bigs. Use it to improve but don't give it too much thought. If people didn't care about it, they wouldn't post on this thread.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:46 am
Well, interesting day today.............I get a call from the sports marketing firm saying they want me to come in for a preliminary interview on Monday!!! so thats cool and Im excited about that. :mrgreen:

Spoke to the agent who got me the job at this place, and she is trying to speak with them to convince them to accept my resignation...........as I just dont want anything more to do with them, dont care about the money, I just dont want any risk of a permanent stain on my record that this all happend.

We shall see what comes back.

Ohh and just for fun, here is probably the most positive thread ever created on this board :wink: =

http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 41&start=0
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum