"And Now.........The End Is Near..........."

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:23 am
TMC wrote:
JOEL wrote:BIGS " tmc honey poppa's home from his first day at work".

TMC " tell me all about your day BIGboy was it all you expected and more?"

BIGS " awe it was rough , I made it through the day thinking how nice it was going to be coming home to you , now make me some tea and give me a foot rub"

TMC " is their anything else I can rub for you? Get over here and let me take that belt off". ::razz: :mrgreen:

Says the man that's gonna sleep under the same roof with Pawno... :mrgreen:

Sounds like there's going to be a gathering of some of you lot and it ain't going to be no contact, obviously not a basketball gathering

:oops: :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:43 am
Hey guys,

Thanks alot to the latest well wisers..........man, I wish it was going well.

Im not sure Im going to last long in this job..............as not only are most of their policies and procedures totally ridiculous and WRONG but they are immovable, and my area has a real air of not speaking up and just simply doing what is told (I know I know, they are all the same but I have worked in 5 seperate major financial organisation and this is by far the worst)

Also, I cannot go on the internet, AT ALL!!! no access is allowed to ANY website.

......................... :cry:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 am
bigstrads wrote:Also, I cannot go on the internet, AT ALL!!! no access is allowed to ANY website.

Same thing happened to me. I could only browse a few selected sites on IE... so I installed Firefox. I'm that smart. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:20 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Also, I cannot go on the internet, AT ALL!!! no access is allowed to ANY website.

Same thing happened to me. I could only browse a few selected sites on IE... so I installed Firefox. I'm that smart. :mrgreen:

I wish there was a way to circumnavigate it like that............but I mean, there is literally no internet access available to anything but the internal inTRAnet. :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:07 pm
bigstrads wrote:
TMC wrote:

I wish there was a way to circumnavigate it like that............but I mean, there is literally no internet access available to anything but the internal inTRAnet. :roll:

:dontknow: Try telling them you need it for... uh, "research". :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 am
So..............fellas..............a little story for you.

As you may have read, I had previously voiced my frustration and disgust at how my first 3 days had gone with my new job. This basically included complete incompetance from a training and organisational sense, as well as general poor attitudes from those who were supposed to be training and supporting me.

So, on Tuesday, I got to sit with someone who would be doing the job I will be, and she wrote a complaint letter in the style that I would have to, so I asked her if I could take a copy for my reference, in the hope that I could have a look at it later and grasp what they were expecting from me.

So I took a copy, put in my file at work, left for the day. The next day (yesterday) I took that letter out of my file, at work, and read some of it and it gave me a good impression of their style and how I could adapt mine to it.

I put the letter in my coat pocket, went on my lunch break, came back and sat with another complaint handler, who was taking me through some stuff........so I decided to pull my letter out of my jacket pocket and ask a question about it.

At this point, one of the trainers asked why I had the letter in my coat pocket, and I shouldnt do, so I should shred it............which I did.

Today, they decide to put me working cases by myself, without any training on how to use the systems or any training on product knowledge...........just to see what I could do and pick up...............well, my target for today was to do 1 case, and I ended up doing 8!

As I was coming to end of my shift, I was asked into a metting with the head of the center, and was informed that this was a disaplinary meeting regarding my "Gross Mis-Conduct" in leaving the building with customer sensitive material.

I explained my self, saying that I took a copy of the letter to study and become acclamated to their style, and admitted that I had left the building with it in my pocket but that was were it stayed.

Result of the meeting = I have been suspended with full pay, pending a disaplinary hearing which I will receive a weeks notice for.

What a joke huh? Im going to re-sign tomorrow because I want nothing more to do with them and especially dont want any kind of stain on my permanent record from this joke of an organisation and total joke of an issue.

What you guys think? basically they are saying I breached data protection, which in a way I did by having customer info on me out of the building............but for f*cks sake huh? :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 am
bigstrads wrote:What you guys think? basically they are saying I breached data protection, which in a way I did by having customer info on me out of the building............but for f*cks sake huh? :roll:

Sorry, Bigs, but it's just ridiculous. I don't have much to say, other than get the f*ck out of there as soon as you can.

Although I'd look for a new job somewhere before leaving, you know. Just because you'll probably need some income and so... :wink:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:06 pm
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:What you guys think? basically they are saying I breached data protection, which in a way I did by having customer info on me out of the building............but for f*cks sake huh? :roll:

Sorry, Bigs, but it's just ridiculous. I don't have much to say, other than get the f*ck out of there as soon as you can.

Although I'd look for a new job somewhere before leaving, you know. Just because you'll probably need some income and so... :wink:

Yeah, glad you see that man, thanks..............I actually applied for 2 other jobs yesterday, before all this total crap happend.

Im resigning tomorrow, I cant even be bothered to try and bleed abit of money out of them whilst they are deciding to fire me over this.............I just want nothing to do with them anymore.

Man, sh*t is never simple with me! :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 pm
that sucks bro. I think regardless of the outcome of this particular situation, it sounds like a much too confining and ridged environment for you. If not this situation, it will be something else. Does not sound like a great fit.
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:41 pm
Honestly BIGS...

I wouldn't hire you for any type of job no matter what qualifications you have (just by going off that your the most negative person on this board, and the fact can be proven that your signature at a Lakers vs Warriors game, you look as excited as a Grandfather shopping for My Lil Pony toys)

Plus you have the most disturbing avatar i have seen across my years of searching/stalking messageboards (and i visit a lot of freaky messageboards)

In All honesty mate, Take a look at yourself in the mirror N turn your life around. I think the negativity you bring around here stems from the fact that you spent a full year doing nothing.

But in all honesty... you don't even need to read this advice. It's not like anyone around here respects the Mad Scientist,

But cheer up BRO. YOUR AT A ****ing WARRIORS VS LAKERS GAME AND KOBE AIN'T EVEN BEAT US YET
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:58 pm
dude , pawno is talking to bigs as if he is constantly frozen in that picture for all eternity. Like he goes to his new job and he's is sitting at the Oracle looking straight ahead. Lol
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:59 pm
Wow...............Pawno, not sure why Im surprised........... but I am

1 - Thanks man, good job on kicking a guy when hes down.

2 - Im the most negative person here??? seriously? well, man............Id like to see some of your "examples" of "fact" about that.

Arent I also the one that most people call the most dedicated and the one with the most passion for the Warriors? do those two things go hand in hand?

Perhaps Im deemed negative for how I try and protect this place and its members from those who REALLY are negative...........and in doing so, put myself in the firing line alot.

3 - Ive answered the question of why I look like I do in my picture many, many times..............and its still the same = I was concentrating, alone, wasnt with a familiar person on the whole trip.........so I wasnt exactly able to be looking full of glee at all times, ohh and I didnt know the cameras were on me either, if the camera had been there 2 minutes before it would have seen me talking, laughing and joking with another fan.

4 - I dont know why Ive replied and countered anything youve said............mostly because its all quite funny and way off, and I usually get mad and feel the need to explain myself when people really have the wrong opinion of me............so I guess thats why.

Again, thanks bro, great analysis and timing on this one. :roll:

Ps: Couple more things Ive just thought of =

5 - I think you know Pawno, that people here and in general only really are interested and atalk about the negative things.

6 - I can re-call numerous occasions and thread I have created or contributed in where Ive said/initiated positive things.............like at the end of last year when everyone was down and pissed off about not making the playoffs, I spent 2 hours researching and made a thread about the things we DID achieve last year and basically ALL the positives of last year...........guess how many replies it got? 7.........whilst the moaning threads (all 10 of them) were onto 6-7 pages each. :roll:

Please also see, currently, the gamer tag thread in here that I originally thought of and eventually took over to help with and create an online gamer community.

The sticky in game threads, for which I spent quite abit of time putting together, and update after every game............just so all of you can get stats/results/schedule at a quick glance.

7 - Go back and read the first post and reason for this exact thread............if you bothered, you would see that its a celebration and big thanks to all my friends here who have got me through this difficult year off...........pretty positive in my obviously negative mind. :roll:

*EDIT* - One more thing =

PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:It's not like anyone around here respects the Mad Scientist

Yeah, your post is the EXACT reason for that............maybe I lend you back that mirror you so graciously offered me and you can take a look too.
Last edited by bigstrads on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:06 pm
re: pawno's post

completely classless in my opinion
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 pm
pawno, I dont think it is fair at all to call bigs the MOST negative person on the board. I can think of several people that could fit THAT bill.

Bigs is passionate, protective, and wears his emotions on his sleeve. You can always count on him to tell you exactly how he is feeling. With that, you will get negative and positive posts depending on what he is feeling.

There are people that come here with only the intention to argue or be negative about the team or whatever. In my opinion it is totally unfair to lump bigs into that group.

in real life I would love to have a friend like bigs... he is fiercely loyal to things he cares about and always comes to their defense.

I want a guy like that on my team any day. His traits would be extremely valuable in an organization. Apathy is something I want no part of. Nobody can accuse bigs of being apathetic.

But obviously you are entitled to your opinion but regardless, to jump on a guy when he obviously is a bit down is just in very poor character.

bigs, I would hire you anytime... :)

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:59 pm
As the wise man (Bada) said before me, the way you had complained with us already, maybe this situation was inevitable. Like maybe not this exact senario, but another one. And its only been a week, so if all these problems are occurring then by all means do what u have to.. and in this case, it seems like to resign is the best thing.

Take the advise of a wise group of men (Chumbawumba) and say to yourself:

"I get knocked down
But I get up again
You're never going to keep me down" (repeat as much as desired)
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum