Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

Role Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 am
oh man...if giants can land sabathia...awesome 1-2-3 punch

giants would be exciting again just like that

next few years it'll be tim vs david price, for top young pitcher

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:07 pm
Would any of you give him an extension now or wait 'til next off season? I'd say this off season.

All Star
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:19 pm
Tim is a total mystery to me. I don't really like the idea that the kid is winning cy youngs this early in his career in a time when we don't need him to be this good. I mean, who sustains what he just accomplished? Pedro? Sure. Oswalt? He's still good, but not nearly as dominant.

Sign him to a long term deal and cross your fingers, I guess.

Franchise Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:30 pm
StuckInSoCal wrote:Tim is a total mystery to me. I don't really like the idea that the kid is winning cy youngs this early in his career in a time when we don't need him to be this good. I mean, who sustains what he just accomplished? Pedro? Sure. Oswalt? He's still good, but not nearly as dominant.

It's like they said before... he had doubts because he's so tiny. The doubters for his durability for a season were shut up... but how about for a whole career? We'll see... and hope.

Role Player
» Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:40 pm
tim winning cy young brings alot of fans and enthusiasm back to the bay...hes already one of the most popular pitchers in the mlb...its good for us

All Star
» Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:15 pm
xbay wrote:
StuckInSoCal wrote:Tim is a total mystery to me. I don't really like the idea that the kid is winning cy youngs this early in his career in a time when we don't need him to be this good. I mean, who sustains what he just accomplished? Pedro? Sure. Oswalt? He's still good, but not nearly as dominant.

It's like they said before... he had doubts because he's so tiny. The doubters for his durability for a season were shut up... but how about for a whole career? We'll see... and hope.

I think he's also so valuable because he takes some of the pressure off of Cain and distracts some from Zito's contract. =)