Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:19 am
bada wrote:OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:


I'm not gonna rip you. That's decent, considering that Darko would be an expirer next year.

One thing I'd change, tho. I'd rather make that trade for Kyle Lowry than for Crittenton. Just more of my kind of player than Javaris.

Crittenton looks like that guy that tries for several teams without ever finding his niche. Now that I think of it, he reminds of... Vonteego Cummings.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:52 am
TMC wrote:
bada wrote:OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:


I'm not gonna rip you. That's decent, considering that Darko would be an expirer next year.

One thing I'd change, tho. I'd rather make that trade for Kyle Lowry than for Crittenton. Just more of my kind of player than Javaris.

Crittenton looks like that guy that tries for several teams without ever finding his niche. Now that I think of it, he reminds of... Vonteego Cummings.


I have been pimping Lowry for awhile now. I like him WAY better than Lowry. I just did not think they would do that. They barely play Crittenton so that is why I suggested him. If they would do Lowry I would be a happy man.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 am
bada wrote:I have been pimping Lowry for awhile now. I like him WAY better than Lowry. I just did not think they would do that. They barely play Crittenton so that is why I suggested him. If they would do Lowry I would be a happy man.


You like Lowry WAY better than Lowry?. That's a good one, Bada. :mrgreen:


Nah, really, I know he's playing, but he's still Conley's backup (although I think it should be the other way around). They MIGHT be willing to trade him for the right price. If Al is that price or not it's a totally different story, tho. If I were Memphis, I wouldn't trade for Al under any circumstances.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:09 pm
bada wrote:OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:


Blast, Rip, Blast!

don't like Darko "the human victory cigar" Milicic

I def. agree that we are not going to get much for Al Harrington. I'd rather get Bargnani though.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 6145
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:13 am
Location: looking down at the Warriors practice facility
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:15 pm
first off wrote:
bada wrote:OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:


Blast, Rip, Blast!

don't like Darko "the human victory cigar" Milicic

I def. agree that we are not going to get much for Al Harrington. I'd rather get Bargnani though.


well of course... I agree... but I think there is a big difference between getting a #1 pick in the draft that is only in his third season then a 5 or 6th season flop that is on his 3rd or 4th team.
_____________________________________________________
http://WWW.GOLDENSTATEWARRIORS-RT.COM
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: CAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:25 am
Milicic is still young he's 23 Years old and has played 4 seasons already maybe he can still develop into a backup for Beans
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1396
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:03 pm
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:58 pm
DREAM 4 WAY TRADE

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Warriors get
David Lee
Raymond Felton
Jason Kapono

Knicks get
Al Harrington
Marco Belinelli

Bobcats get
Eddy Curry
Joey Graham
Warriors future draft pick

Raptors get
Gerald Wallace
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:11 pm
Mr.KC wrote:DREAM 4 WAY TRADE

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Warriors get
David Lee
Raymond Felton
Jason Kapono

Knicks get
Al Harrington
Marco Belinelli

Bobcats get
Eddy Curry
Joey Graham
Warriors future draft pick

Raptors get
Gerald Wallace


ha K.C, where do i sign? (although losing another draft pick would really hurt)

On Al, from the little bits I've been reading around the place, his name is mud right now. Though he was right, I don't think Nelson saying the "he thinks he's a superstar" spiel helped at all
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3610
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 am
Location: Oakland California
Poster Credit: 35
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:07 pm
i have PLENTY of trade scenario's for you fellers...
and even tho they're all different... they're all the same!!!

check it out...

1. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
2. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
3. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
4. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
5. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
6. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
7. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
8. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=



lets just trade for expiring contracts... even tho i dont like the idea of starting machette at the 4, nelson does...

1.morrow
2.buike
3.stephen
4.machette
5.andris

if that doesnt work... let buike come off the bench, start brandan....

when monta comes back... buike has to come off the bench for sure if morrow continues to play at the level he is playing

whose with me?
From "we believe", to "we belong", to "we gon beatcho ass!"

Image
Image
Image

Image
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:37 am
Location: fresno ca
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:38 am
i say al for marcus camby straight up.
Clifford Rozier rememer him?
Image

All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:12 am


that is the least sexy collection of hypothetical trades i've ever encountered.
i would do an Al for two expiring scrubs deal. i'd rather take on guys who won't mess with our rotation and development of our youngins.

taking on charlie villanueva might be a good deal too. he's good enough to make an impact and bad enough to get benched, letting bwright play. best of both worlds.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:53 pm
d1mex wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=308~165&teams=18~9&te=&cash=

Al for Crawford?

Thought?


I don't want to say I called it...but I called it!

Look, alot of people aren't liking the trade. Saying Crawford doesnt solve a damn problem, shoots to much, and we have enough guards already. Well, I disagree.

What has Al brought us in his tenure with us? OK, he played great during the WE BELIEVE movement, as everyone did. But other than that? On the court? He was good, but not great. A great teammate (until recently), but not that much else. I loved Al for what he did, his Soulja Boy dance, and Im happy we traded him to the Knicks, where he wanted to go.

Too address the trade here's what I think:

1) When Al requested his trade, what did we think we were going to get for him? A top 30 player who averages 20 a game? Hell no...Gerald Wallace, Yi, David Lee were all possible targets, but none straight up deals. Mullin deserves credit for getting another STEAL. A hurt, unmotivated Al for a guy who is thriving right now???

2) Yeah he shoots too much, but doesn't everyone on the Warriors? Sure, we have enough guards already, but this just makes our team even deeper. Isn't Nellieball supposed to be dominated by guards? We still have Wright, Beans, Turiaf, and Randolph (?).

3) This deal was a steal. A straight STEAL. Crawford was the best player we could have gotten for Al, even if we did add a player. Gerald Wallace? Raymond Felton? Yi? All unproven or injury prone. Crawford is an established scorer. The fact that we got a contributing, scoring, top scorer is a great move. Oh yeah, and he's in Dantoni's system, which resembles our run-n-gun style. I'd say theres a fit too....

The only thing I worry about is this taking playing time away from our youngings (Morrow, Wright, Azu, Randolph). Morrow will play the most, but Wright hasnt played much lately, and Azu has been starting, Randolph has shown some signs.

Here's our lineup now:

Crawford/CJ?
Morrow/Azu?
Jax
Maggs
Beans

That aint half bad at ALL, I'd say thats pretty damn good, especially with Ronny, Azu, Wright, CJ, Marcus, Randolph. Yeah, alot of young guys, but there up and coming and have talent.

Now, with Monta back:

Monta
Crawford
Jax
Maggs
Beans

YIKES, dare I say playoff worthy lineup? With Azu, Ronny, Wright, CJ and friends off the bench?

All in all, a GREAT trade. Look at value, Al's hurt, hasnt played much at all this year, and we got a 20+ plus guy who's been playing very well this season? GREAT DEAL MULLY.

I really like these Mully/Walsh deals...

A+
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:34 pm
All I'm gonna say is... try to beat Gasol and Bynum with Maggs at the 4. Or Boozer, Duncan... hell, even David West is gonna have a field day with Maggs at PF.

And don't say anything about Wright playing there instead of Maggs. That just won't happen, particularly after Monta comes back.


What Crawford adds is yet another weapon to our backcourt, and he's gonna help a lot til the very moment Monta comes back. After that, I'd like to see what he's gonna do, because basketball, last time I checked, is played with only one ball. And everybody, except Biedrins, will demand it on this team.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:39 pm
TMC wrote:All I'm gonna say is... try to beat Gasol and Bynum with Maggs at the 4. Or Boozer, Duncan... hell, even David West is gonna have a field day with Maggs at PF.

And don't say anything about Wright playing there instead of Maggs. That just won't happen, particularly after Monta comes back.


What Crawford adds is yet another weapon to our backcourt, and he's gonna help a lot til the very moment Monta comes back. After that, I'd like to see what he's gonna do, because basketball, last time I checked, is played with only one ball. And everybody, except Biedrins, will demand it on this team.


against the lakers, i can see turiaf and dre starting together..it probably wont happen but i can see it happening since the lakers second unit is smaller.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:42 pm
E-Man wrote:against the lakers, i can see turiaf and dre starting together..it probably wont happen but i can see it happening since the lakers second unit is smaller.


It's Nellie we're talking about, E-Man. I would agree with any other coach... just not with Nellie.
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron