Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:00 pm
Maybe Bargnani fits in the Warriors system and since the Raptors already have Bosh and o'neal on the floor that leaves Barnani the odd man out he would get more minutes with the W's than in toronto.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:09 pm
i just can't see Colangelo trading away a player he himself picked with the #1 pick in the draft, for Al Harrington
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:16 pm
Quazza wrote:i just can't see Colangelo trading away a player he himself picked with the #1 pick in the draft, for Al Harrington

It's safe to say he's a bust and knows he made a mistake and wants to get rid of him.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:24 pm
only in his 3rd year isn't he? The Bust Tag may be a tad premature
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:27 pm
I know he's still young but there a reason they brought O'neal.He just dont play there system he hangs out behind the 3 to much and you know how muck nellie loves that.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:41 pm
agree with Nellie loving it, just don't see Colangelo giving up on him just yet

I'm all for it though, would love that trade

All Star
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 pm
whether bargnani is a bust or not is not the issue. in only his 3rd year he still carries some potential, and that potential should be able to get them more than harrington.
if colangelo has any pride, he'd hold on to bargnani to see him either succeed in toronto, or trade him for someone who will have a big impact.
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
All Star
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm
d1mex wrote:Just read from Rumor Central of a Malik Rose/David Lee for Al is possible.

That could work, I love David Lee's game.

Hey man theres something about trade talk between The Raptors, bobcats and warriors. can you tell us what's up (You have to be an insider)?

EDIT
nevermind
real gm wrote:The Raptors have talked with both the Golden State Warriors and the Charlotte Bobcats about trades for perimeter players, according to two league sources.

The Warriors are looking to move Al Harrington, and the Bobcats are looking to trade Gerald Wallace.

Andrea Bargnani is the player teams frequently inquire about, but Bryan Colangelo remains confident of his long term potential as the Raptors have a win-now philosophy.

thanks real gm
Last edited by first off on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:37 pm
first off wrote:
d1mex wrote:Just read from Rumor Central of a Malik Rose/David Lee for Al is possible.

Hey man theres something about trade talk between The Raptors, bobcats and warriors. can you tell us what's up (You have to be an insider)?

i think that article is about the raptors wanting to make a trade with EITHER the warriors or bobcats. i doubt a trade would involve all three teams. from what ive read, the raptors would use harrington or wallace as a 3 and move moon to the bench.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:58 am
E-Man wrote:
first off wrote:

i think that article is about the raptors wanting to make a trade with EITHER the warriors or bobcats. i doubt a trade would involve all three teams. from what ive read, the raptors would use harrington or wallace as a 3 and move moon to the bench.

Yep. It's a trade with one of those teams, not both. Problem is, they don't want to move Bargnani, and that's blocking any kind of trade from happening. Although I guess they might eventually give him up.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:30 am
Bargnani is not going to get good court time in Toronto now and they should get something good for him if they can. I wouldn't mind getting him but if anything, he'd just get in the way of BWright and Randolph, both who look better than him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:41 am
Yea it's either Bargnani or nothing,they dont have another guy worth trading for
Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:53 am
Another of my trade ideas

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:11 am
OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:

Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:18 am
bada wrote:OK, guys get ready to blast me, but I am not sure we can get anything great for Al, but I would consider this trade

GS trades - Al Harrington to Memphis
Memphis trades - Javaris Crittenton and Darko Milicic

I realize some people HATE Darko but he is a HUGE body and a very good shot blocker and I think has some skill. He is not great and is nowhere close in skill to where he was drafted, but he could serve a role for us against teams with bulk.

I think Crittenton needs a change of scenery. Again, not a GREAT player but I think he has potential.

I would love to say to trade Al for some great player but I just dont see that happening but we need to trade his ass soon so I will take what I can get and get back a HUGE body that we dont really have, and a young PG to try and develop.

RIP AWAY!!! :wink:

If Darko has one year remaining in his deal, its probably a good trade for us, as for the Griz too. Might as well try Criiterton out, if it works, its a steal, if not, oh well, its not a huge risk. Plus Darko can play the 4 and 5 positions.

I like it Bada! No rippin from me
PreviousNext

Return to Trades