The World Economy

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:06 am
bigstrads wrote:Your soul is satisfied because you doing a worth while thing (as apposed to working for some financial institution) and contributing to society, and your physical life is satisfied because you live well and have those securities and benefits..............very envious of both of those my friend. :wink:


Not always, bro. You also have to deal with people lying more often than not, people who are not willing to testify (they're too scared, usually) and, as you don't have any other witness, some of those f*ckers go back home totally unscathed, situations in which they get totally free because some legal rights were not respected by the police or even because the procedure got lost three years ago and the crime has precluded since then...

There's a lot of bullsh*t in this job, man. Sometimes, it sucks big way, because some of those f*ckers are guilty as f*ck, and everybody knows it, but your hands are tied and you have to let them go.


With that said, it's very rewarding when some procedures go like they should.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:15 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:Your soul is satisfied because you doing a worth while thing (as apposed to working for some financial institution) and contributing to society, and your physical life is satisfied because you live well and have those securities and benefits..............very envious of both of those my friend. :wink:


Not always, bro. You also have to deal with people lying more often than not, people who are not willing to testify (they're too scared, usually) and, as you don't have any other witness, some of those f*ckers go back home totally unscathed, situations in which they get totally free because some legal rights were not respected by the police or even because the procedure got lost three years ago and the crime has precluded since then...

There's a lot of bullsh*t in this job, man. Sometimes, it sucks big way, because some of those f*ckers are guilty as f*ck, and everybody knows it, but your hands are tied and you have to let them go.


With that said, it's very rewarding when some procedures go like they should.


Well yeah, thats the bad/unfortunate side of it all.............but at the end of the day, Im sure you are apart of more good being done than officious bull crap that allows as*holes free.

And doing SOME good in terms of making sure the bad people of this world arent able to commit as many attrocities as they could, is better than none at all, whilst most of the rest of us sit in our comfortable little bubbles, letting people like you work your ass off to keep us safe............always remember that bro. :D

And dont do your usual deflecting/rejecting of praise..............realise that most people respect and appreciate what you do immensely, if anyone doesnt, then they are the ones who will probably be next in your court rooms. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 am
bigstrads wrote:letting people like you work your ass off to keep us safe............


Hey, my workdays end at 14:30 (usually). I'd hardly call that "work my ass off" (cue migya's gay reference here :mrgreen: ).



Nah, thanks, Bigs. Feels great to have people appreciate what we do. Most people only come to the courthouse to shout us why we do what we do (no matter what it is, seems like it's always against them).
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:letting people like you work your ass off to keep us safe............


Hey, my workdays end at 14:30 (usually). I'd hardly call that "work my ass off" (cue migya's gay reference here :mrgreen: ).



Nah, thanks, Bigs. Feels great to have people appreciate what we do. Most people only come to the courthouse to shout us why we do what we do (no matter what it is, seems like it's always against them).


Screw them man, I bet nearly all of them are some criminal as*holes family.......... and the rest being people who have felt/been wronged by the legal system, which is more than likely something you had no control over.

So in the end, what do they know? my best friend is a police man, a beat cop at that, and with all the flack that police get.............boy, the sh*t he has to go through, and with him being one of the nicest, caring, warm people I have ever encountered, I dont how he does it but let me tell you............he gets constant commendations from people he has helped, and is truelly one of the good guys.

But he and you will still be tarred with the same presumptuous/non-fact based brush...............f*ck em, they dont know sh*t.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:14 am
TMC wrote:
Best part is I don't have to care about job security, health care systems (all included, and for free, in the Departement's insurance, except some cosmetic surgery) and sh*t like that. Worst part is that my job still forces me to deal with hookers, dealers, pedophiles and all kind of scum you can imagine... Guess you have to take the good AND the bad. :wink:


Hey Now i know you do a good job here working the message boards but if being a moderator gets you department health insurance then i'll need to sign up.

Obviously i'm the hooker and Bigstrads is the dealer... But there's no need to call Migya a Pedophile, i think Psycho Racist One Legged Pirate is more suitable

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:26 am
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Obviously i'm the hooker and Bigstrads is the dealer... But there's no need to call Migya a Pedophile, i think Psycho Racist One Legged Pirate is more suitable

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


I think I'll let migya himself answer to that, Pawno. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:47 am
TMC wrote:
PAWNOGRAFFITI wrote:Obviously i'm the hooker and Bigstrads is the dealer... But there's no need to call Migya a Pedophile, i think Psycho Racist One Legged Pirate is more suitable

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


I think I'll let migya himself answer to that, Pawno. :wink:




Best I don't, it will all look like stars ********* :wink:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:02 am
F*ck................ing.................hell. :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is a happy post about the economy!!! for me atleast.............remember a few posts back, I was delighted and praising my decision to go onto a national rate tracker mortgage...........as the rate came down to 4.5%, meaning Id save about $150 a month.

Well.............now.............ITS BEEN REDUCED TO 3.0%!!! and Im going with it!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

Damn man, that is going to shave about $400 EXTRA, ontop of the previous $150 drop, off my monthly payment................man, once again, I have to praise myself and my economic psychic abilities!!! :mrgreen:

Drinks are on me!!! :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7713006.stm
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:21 pm
They went down in the US, mainly because the stocks always plunge a bit after a new President is elected or comes into office due to the Stock Markets not knowing what the new President has planned for the economy.

Curious, anyone think we'll hit a recession? Or will we go back to normal after some amount of years?
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
Posts: 1218
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:56 am
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:31 pm
xbay wrote:They went down in the US, mainly because the stocks always plunge a bit after a new President is elected or comes into office due to the Stock Markets not knowing what the new President has planned for the economy.

Curious, anyone think we'll hit a recession? Or will we go back to normal after some amount of years?


I think you meant depression, as we are already in a recession. I don't think a depression will happen because nations have been through all this before and can handle it. All nations seem to be cooperating, well at least the banker types are. The leaders have no clue about financial things. Even Bush kept out of their way and you know he didn't like the cure.

My thinking is that the recovery will be amazingly fast, led by the stock mart. The stock mart goes up about 6 months before the economy does. When it starts to go up, greed will replace fear and it will be buy, buy, buy.

I do think, however, that "normal" will not be as high as it was. Houses in the US will go up in value again, but not like it was. People were buying really expensive houses for far more than they could afford. They would resell them for big profits before they even made a payment.

A young couple I know were buying house, sitting in the realtor's office, when he offered them $40,000 cash to walk away from the deal so he could buy it! They were tempted, but figured that any other house they bought would cost that much more anyway and they would never get to own one, so they turned him down.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 am
carlgo wrote:
xbay wrote:They went down in the US, mainly because the stocks always plunge a bit after a new President is elected or comes into office due to the Stock Markets not knowing what the new President has planned for the economy.

Curious, anyone think we'll hit a recession? Or will we go back to normal after some amount of years?


I think you meant depression, as we are already in a recession. I don't think a depression will happen because nations have been through all this before and can handle it. All nations seem to be cooperating, well at least the banker types are. The leaders have no clue about financial things. Even Bush kept out of their way and you know he didn't like the cure.

My thinking is that the recovery will be amazingly fast, led by the stock mart. The stock mart goes up about 6 months before the economy does. When it starts to go up, greed will replace fear and it will be buy, buy, buy.

I do think, however, that "normal" will not be as high as it was. Houses in the US will go up in value again, but not like it was. People were buying really expensive houses for far more than they could afford. They would resell them for big profits before they even made a payment.

A young couple I know were buying house, sitting in the realtor's office, when he offered them $40,000 cash to walk away from the deal so he could buy it! They were tempted, but figured that any other house they bought would cost that much more anyway and they would never get to own one, so they turned him down.


Yeah, I meant depression.

I think once the housing goes back to normal, we should be okay. Hopefully, President Obama has something good up his sleeve. He has a lot cut out for him.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21417
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:18 am
bigstrads wrote:F*ck................ing.................hell. :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is a happy post about the economy!!! for me atleast.............remember a few posts back, I was delighted and praising my decision to go onto a national rate tracker mortgage...........as the rate came down to 4.5%, meaning Id save about $150 a month.

Well.............now.............ITS BEEN REDUCED TO 3.0%!!! and Im going with it!!! :bday: :bday: :bday:

Damn man, that is going to shave about $400 EXTRA, ontop of the previous $150 drop, off my monthly payment................man, once again, I have to praise myself and my economic psychic abilities!!! :mrgreen:

Drinks are on me!!! :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7713006.stm



Good for you bigs.

I'll send you the site that colt shafted me with a couple a years back and you can get me a bottle of some good bourbon




:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:26 pm
migya wrote:
I'll send you the site that colt shafted me with a couple a years back and you can get me a bag of some good goon




:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Fxed it for you Migya
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 5868
Joined: Fri May 14, 2004 5:05 am
Location: Brisbane
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:51 am
Interesting tidbit i heard from my boss at work... i dont actually have a link to the newstory but he was telling me at a recent government bailout meeting with all the big Carmakers that the chairman of the bailout took proposals from the CEO's from Chrysler, GM, Ford yada yada ya and after they all proposed why the bailout on the U.S Automotive industry should go out he said to them

"I hear you all flew your private jets here today to Washington, Would any of you be interested in selling your jets to fund the bailout"

Not one CEO put there hands up.

there's too much corporate greed on top of the pyramid!!!
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron