Al for...

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:05 am
If we trade Jax, wouldn't we lose our leader? I really don't think we could. If he was gone I don't really envision anyone else taking on that role. No one would have the right personality for the job.
DUBBBIN’ !
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:43 pm
3 way trade idea involving our Warriors, the Spurs and the Knicks.

Warriors
Bruce Bowen
Fabricio Oberto

Spurs
Ed Curry

Knicks
Al Harrington
Ian Mahinmi

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:47 pm
Just read from Rumor Central of a Malik Rose/David Lee for Al is possible.

That could work, I love David Lee's game.

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:03 pm
d1mex wrote:Just read from Rumor Central of a Malik Rose/David Lee for Al is possible.

that would be sick. We can release Rose immediately after and have another Hard working guy.

The warriors are going to be contenders as long as they have guys playing hard, and even now, they have guys that don't give up. Lee is no different, he is a workaholic. DO IT!

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:14 pm
What about for GERALD WALLACE. I love his versatility, athleticism, and defense. Also it has been confirmed that a trade involving wallace is imminent. So hopefully that trade is with us for AL.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:20 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:What about for GERALD WALLACE. I love his versatility, athleticism, and defense. Also it has been confirmed that a trade involving wallace is imminent. So hopefully that trade is with us for AL.

I wouldnt mind that too. Although Gerald Wallace has had problems with injuries.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:37 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:What about for GERALD WALLACE. I love his versatility, athleticism, and defense. Also it has been confirmed that a trade involving wallace is imminent. So hopefully that trade is with us for AL.

I agree why not wallace in a three way with the Knicks Bobcats and Warriors
Bobcats- get Curry
Warriors- get Wallace
Knicks- get Harrington
and more players would probably be thrown in there[/url]

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:52 pm
d1mex wrote:

I wouldnt mind that too. Although Gerald Wallace has had problems with injuries.

problems is an understatement. He seems like he is always hurt
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 am
Mr. Crackerz wrote:
d1mex wrote:Just read from Rumor Central of a Malik Rose/David Lee for Al is possible.

that would be sick. We can release Rose immediately after and have another Hard working guy.

The warriors are going to be contenders as long as they have guys playing hard, and even now, they have guys that don't give up. Lee is no different, he is a workaholic. DO IT!

Getting David Lee is something else and a positive looking move. That guy is a hard worker and would be a welcome change. Maybe he'd fit in enough

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:38 am
Great news (sarcastic tone)!!!!!!!

Hinrich is sidelined for 3 months with a torn ligament in his thumb!

There goes another possible trade...fudge. Now is the Gerald Wallace trade the best we can do? It doesnt seem the Knicks would budge on Lee, if they would they would have done it already.

here's the report:

Hinrich to have right thumb surgery, to miss up to three months

Associated Press

Updated: November 9, 2008, 3:40 AM ET

CHICAGO -- Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich needs surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb and will miss up to three months.

Hinrich was hurt Friday night in Chicago's 100-83 victory over Phoenix.

"I'm frustrated," Hinrich said Saturday. "I worked hard in the offseason. I'm still trying to figure out how long 12 weeks is going to be and, really, what I'm going to do with myself."

Hinrich, making his first start, was injured in the third quarter trying to knock the ball away from Amare Stoudemire. The guard initially thought he hyperextended the thumb but realized it was more serious as the swelling mounted.

Even so, he didn't expect this diagnosis.

The Bulls initially called it a sprain, but an exam before Saturday night's game against Cleveland revealed a torn ulnar collateral ligament.

"I was going home last night thinking maybe in a couple days I'd be feeling better," Hinrich said. "I was kinda shocked that I find out today I had torn a ligament."

It's the first major injury for Hinrich, who said he has never had surgery. The operation is scheduled for Tuesday.

"It's tough to swallow," coach Vinny Del Negro said before the Bulls played Cleveland. "I feel bad for him. Without question, it affects the team."

The injury creates a leadership void and leaves the Bulls without a reliable backup point guard behind No. 1 draft pick Derrick Rose.

"We're going to be real careful," general manager John Paxson said. "We're looking at the [luxury] tax number. We've already talked about some things. I'm going to sit down [Sunday] and take a look at the available people out there [and] how does it work with us in the tax line."

In his sixth season, Hinrich was averaging 8.3 points and 4.0 assists in mostly a backup role now that Rose is in the fold. The Bulls went with Thabo Sefolosha at shooting guard the first five games but he struggled, so Del Negro started Hinrich with Rose against the Suns.

On Saturday, Ben Gordon started at shooting guard and the Bulls might stick with him for at least a few games. When they drafted Rose, they envisioned him penetrating and passing out to an open Gordon on the perimeter, and they figure to get more time together now that Hinrich is hurt.

But who will back up Rose?

Larry Hughes is expected to participate in contact drills this week and will add depth to the backcourt once he returns after dislocating his right shoulder in the preseason, but he's not a point guard. Ballhandling is not a strength of Gordon or Sefolosha.

"We know Derrick's going to play those 35 to 40 minutes a night," general manager John Paxson said. "It's those other minutes that you get a little bit concerned about."

Besides Hinrich, forward Drew Gooden sat out with a sprained right ankle. He is day to day.

ESPN.com
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:05 pm
read somewhere that Rowell has no interest in taking on Wallace's contract
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:52 am
Quazza wrote:read somewhere that Rowell has no interest in taking on Wallace's contract

Just read on insidehoops.com that the Raptors have had some discussions regarding Al Harrington.

The key piece being Andrea Bargnani.

Hell, I wouldn't mind getting that guy. Yeah, hes been dissapointing as a #1 pick, but you dont think Nellie likes 7 footers who can shoot? Ala Dirk?
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:50 pm
Bargnani is like the same thing Harrington is... although it seems Andrea is the better player after watching him school Harrington at the PF match up when we played the Raptors. Although, you know how Nelson is with those 7 foot big men who can shoot on the perimeter... he created Nowitzki, he could do it again.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:04 pm
we would have to take on another contract if we traded harrington for bargnani. the contracts that i see would add up are for kapono, parker, or humphries. im sure kapono and parker are staying in toronto and humphries is a question mark as far as if he can produce. but i guess we can buy him out if we dont want to keep him.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:28 pm
d1mex wrote:
Quazza wrote:read somewhere that Rowell has no interest in taking on Wallace's contract

Just read on insidehoops.com that the Raptors have had some discussions regarding Al Harrington.

The key piece being Andrea Bargnani.

Hell, I wouldn't mind getting that guy. Yeah, hes been dissapointing as a #1 pick, but you dont think Nellie likes 7 footers who can shoot? Ala Dirk?

I'd do that in a heartbeat. That said I'd do Al for a pack of Doritos right now
PreviousNext

Return to Trades