Sources: Bobcats to trade Wallace

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


All Star
Posts: 1471
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:01 pm
Location: SF
Poster Credit: 9
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:42 pm
i don't usually play with the trade machine, but i can see why it is so much fun

here's a 3-way with knicks, bobcats, and gsw

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=165~990~2772~308~3039~2753~3016~1026&teams=30~30~9~18~30~9~18~18&te=&cash=30:9

bobcats get the shortend, but maybe crazy larry likes it that way...
I am Aussiebiedrins' fantasy. BITCH!
Jeg er ikke enig.... Jeg kan godt lide at spise din mors gris ben.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2334
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:44 pm
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million


Agreed............that would be IDEAL!!! Mags and Al for Wallace and Felton!


I'm hoping for a miracle.
Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1758
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:49 am
Location: napa
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:39 pm
Captain_Jack wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million


I would trade Maggs for Wallace, but how can you call him a waste of 50mil? He is a proven scorer and when his leg is back to 100% he will be a force. He can post up and is a great slasher. Lets not write him off just yet. He looked really good before he hurt his hammy against the Grizz.
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 7512
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:44 pm
Location: Brighton, England.
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:47 pm
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million


I would trade Maggs for Wallace, but how can you call him a waste of 50mil? He is a proven scorer and when his leg is back to 100% he will be a force. He can post up and is a great slasher. Lets not write him off just yet. He looked really good before he hurt his hammy against the Grizz.


Yeah.............Mags was 35% FG shooting "good" before that injury. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21380
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:17 am
Nelson plays SFs at PF, like he did with Pietrus, so GWallace here at PF would not be a surprise. Anything pretty good right now for Harrington would be good.

This trade would not improve the team though but would be fitting as the team roster now is a sham somewhat and so is the direction of the team unless there is a cleaning house over the next month, trade Harrington and SJackson for something good, preferrably slightly younger established talent (especially a proper PG).

This team is looking like a disgrace this season and better look for a top four pick because things are not looking good
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:41 am
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million


I would trade Maggs for Wallace, but how can you call him a waste of 50mil? He is a proven scorer and when his leg is back to 100% he will be a force. He can post up and is a great slasher. Lets not write him off just yet. He looked really good before he hurt his hammy against the Grizz.


Yeah.............Mags was 35% FG shooting "good" before that injury. :wink:


And Gerald Wallace, if he comes, will shoot around those numbers until we have a real PG to run this offense. I don't blame Maggs for that %. I blame an offense focused around a star PG that we don't have.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 2869
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:04 am
Location: Sitting on the dock of the bay, watchin the warriors roll away
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 am
TMC wrote:
bigstrads wrote:
"Always" Next wrote:
Captain_Jack wrote:I wish we could trade Mags for him. Maggette was a giant waste of 50 million


I would trade Maggs for Wallace, but how can you call him a waste of 50mil? He is a proven scorer and when his leg is back to 100% he will be a force. He can post up and is a great slasher. Lets not write him off just yet. He looked really good before he hurt his hammy against the Grizz.


Yeah.............Mags was 35% FG shooting "good" before that injury. :wink:


And Gerald Wallace, if he comes, will shoot around those numbers until we have a real PG to run this offense. I don't blame Maggs for that %. I blame an offense focused around a star PG that we don't have.


truth
U-Dough, the BAKER®

Play nice you two
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaENn-7t_hk

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:52 am
Maggs gives us the option of being the league leaders in getting to the line and making them. When Ellis comes back we will see Maggette true value especially when teams want to play half court against us.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 pm
J-Rich wrote:Maggs gives us the option of being the league leaders in getting to the line and making them. When Ellis comes back we will see Maggette true value especially when teams want to play half court against us.


Exactly. We have to trade Al as if Monta was here. I wouldn't mind Wallace, but in Weekend Dime Stein says Warriors dont want to absorb his contract for 4 years and 38 million.

I would love Wallace though. But I can see how our F position would be stocked piled up if he does come here.

Let's just trade Al for Malik and Lee already. I'm sick of Al and these rumors..
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:52 pm
J-Rich wrote:Maggs gives us the option of being the league leaders in getting to the line and making them. When Ellis comes back we will see Maggette true value especially when teams want to play half court against us.


:shock: Damn. This is weird. Can't believe I agree with one of J-Rich's posts, but I do...

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:57 pm
TMC wrote:
J-Rich wrote:Maggs gives us the option of being the league leaders in getting to the line and making them. When Ellis comes back we will see Maggette true value especially when teams want to play half court against us.


:shock: Damn. This is weird. Can't believe I agree with one of J-Rich's posts, but I do...


yeah really...same here. Maggs is pretty good in the open court, but he strives in a half court set. he does his damage at the line because with so many defenders around it's more likely one of them is gonna foul him or that he'll get a good shot up. then again, wallace is the same kind of player, only less commanding at getting the ball to the hole.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
Previous

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron