BOLD Predictions for 2008-09 season

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes


Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:05 pm
hey guys, so i decided to make some BOLD predictions for the 2008-2009 season. I Encourage u to laugh, disagree and criticize my predictions all you want.

Oh and feel free to make your own BOLD predictions as well.

- - - - - -

Prediction 1: The Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavs will NOT be a number 1 seed in the East, and neither will go to the NBA Finals. Boston will be a good team this season, as will the Cleveland Cavs (their rival), But the Pistons do not depend on one player, as one injury will not end the world. Can you say that for Cleveland or Boston?

Prediction 2: Carmelo Anthony will be traded to an Eastern Conference contender by the trade deadline. Don't be surprise if we see this to Detroit for Rodney Stucky or Jason Maxiel, along with a pick or two and throw ins. Denver is in rebuilding mode, and by the time they are contenders, free agency might have already consumed Melo Yellow. Chicago is also very likely.

Prediction 3: The San Antonio Spurs will once again make a formal complaint to the NBA in regards to a heavily one sided trade. Portland Acquires Shawn Marion for Nicolas Batum, another deep bench player from Portland and Raef LeFrenz (Note: this only works if LeFrenz is healthy by the trade deadline.)

Prediction 4: Michael BEASTley will win ROY; second being Robin Lopez.

Prediction 5: Rajon Rondo will win Most Improve. Ray Allen will no longer be a part of the "Big 3", as Rondo will be the third best player in this club.

Prediction 6: The top 4 teams in the west wont include the usual suspects. Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix done after round 1, as Utah, Houston, LAL, and New Orleans move on.

Prediction 7: Portland makes the playoffs as 6th seed despite Oden's disappointing season. Don't worry, he's still young and shows promise.

Prediction 8: Miami's season. Miami will make the playoffs, won't go far, but have placed the pieces as the favorites in the East in 09-10 season

Prediction 9: Classic Finals of Lakers vs. Detroit. Lakers win it in 6.

Prediction 10: GSW: The Warriors despite not making the playoffs (9th seed), will be the funnest team to watch!!!!

Role Player
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:18 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:hey guys, so i decided to make some BOLD predictions for the 2008-2009 season. I Encourage u to laugh, disagree and criticize my predictions all you want.

Oh and feel free to make your own BOLD predictions as well.

- - - - - -

Prediction 1: The Boston Celtics and the Cleveland Cavs will NOT be a number 1 seed in the East, and neither will go to the NBA Finals. Boston will be a good team this season, as will the Cleveland Cavs (their rival), But the Pistons do not depend on one player, as one injury will not end the world. Can you say that for Cleveland or Boston?

Prediction 2: Carmelo Anthony will be traded to an Eastern Conference contender by the trade deadline. Don't be surprise if we see this to Detroit for Rodney Stucky or Jason Maxiel, along with a pick or two and throw ins. Denver is in rebuilding mode, and by the time they are contenders, free agency might have already consumed Melo Yellow. Chicago is also very likely.

Prediction 3: The San Antonio Spurs will once again make a formal complaint to the NBA in regards to a heavily one sided trade. Portland Acquires Shawn Marion for Nicolas Batum, another deep bench player from Portland and Raef LeFrenz (Note: this only works if LeFrenz is healthy by the trade deadline.)

Prediction 4: Michael BEASTley will win ROY; second being Robin Lopez.

Prediction 5: Rajon Rondo will win Most Improve. Ray Allen will no longer be a part of the "Big 3", as Rondo will be the third best player in this club.

Prediction 6: The top 4 teams in the west wont include the usual suspects. Dallas, San Antonio, Phoenix done after round 1, as Utah, Houston, LAL, and New Orleans move on.

Prediction 7: Portland makes the playoffs as 6th seed despite Oden's disappointing season. Don't worry, he's still young and shows promise.

Prediction 8: Miami's season. Miami will make the playoffs, won't go far, but have placed the pieces as the favorites in the East in 09-10 season

Prediction 9: Classic Finals of Lakers vs. Detroit. Lakers win it in 6.

Prediction 10: GSW: The Warriors despite not making the playoffs (9th seed), will be the funnest team to watch!!!!


That Greg Oden prediction isn't far-fetched considering his Mbanga-esque first quarter against the Lakers.

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:30 pm
how does miami make the playoffs with only wade and beasly with no marion no pg and no center.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:49 pm
saintdee wrote:how does miami make the playoffs with only wade and beasly with no marion no pg and no center.


ahh, u forget the young men that goes by the name of Shaun Livingston (deep sleeper) and mario chalmers. They also (remember if the trade goes through) batum and possibly LeFrenz (if healthy) . Udanis haslim is a very underrated player.

Oh and the east sucks. There better then the Hawks, who made the playoffs last year. Without Marion, this is still an up and coming team. They got a new coach too and could sneak in 7th and 8th.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Location: the nickel and dime
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:01 pm
I dont think Miami is better with the Pistons, Cavs, Celtics and arguably the Magic and Raptors. The 76ers algo got better so I really dont think they can make it past those teams this year or next year unless some of those teams are hit with devastating trades or injuries.

Rookie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:44 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm
Prediction 1 i agree with
Prediction 2 its possible not sure though
Prediction 3 I agree
Prediction 4 AGREE
Prediction 5 I will have to disagree....he was pretty decent last year i think it will be hard for him to improve too much this year...maybe our own brandon wright can get it
Prediction 6 Agree
Prediction 7 Agree
Prediction 8 Disagree
Prediction 9 I HOPE SO
Prediction 10 100% AGREE

All Star
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:49 am
Location: Sunnyvale
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:58 am
Mississippi Bullet 8 wrote:Prediction 1 i agree with
Prediction 2 its possible not sure though
Prediction 3 I agree
Prediction 4 AGREE
Prediction 5 I will have to disagree....he was pretty decent last year i think it will be hard for him to improve too much this year...maybe our own brandon wright can get it
Prediction 6 Agree
Prediction 7 Agree
Prediction 8 Disagree
Prediction 9 I HOPE SO
Prediction 10 100% AGREE


umm.. there is no way prediction 2 can be true now that AI is gone... Denver trading away AI means they're investing in Melo.

no way prediction 4 will happen either.. Derek Rose already showing why he was the top pick. This kid can ball.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:35 am
yeah, once the AI trade happen, it shot down prediction two. I did predict a blockbuster trade among the right teams, just the wrong players.

Oh and Rose is NOT winning ROY. Have u seen the Grizzlies! Gasol and Mayo are both ahead of Rose IMO.

All Star
Posts: 3317
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: the STACK
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:02 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:yeah, once the AI trade happen, it shot down prediction two. I did predict a blockbuster trade among the right teams, just the wrong players.

Oh and Rose is NOT winning ROY. Have u seen the Grizzlies! Gasol and Mayo are both ahead of Rose IMO.


gasol and mayo did well against the warriors and are definitely doing well for the season. but i dont think id bet on either of them winning ROY over rose or beasely. IMO those two are at the top of the rookie chart nearly neck and neck (rose with the slight edge).
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 156
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:02 pm
Location: CAL
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:37 am
Did anyone see Atlanta Winning there first 6 games they have been a major suprise to me and the spurs a big dissapointment

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:51 pm
Quetzalcoatl wrote:Did anyone see Atlanta Winning there first 6 games they have been a major suprise to me and the spurs a big dissapointment


Well, I knew they got good starters. I made sure i have Joe Johnson and Al Horford on my fantasy teams. However, there biggest question mark has been the bench, and so far, they havent play bad. Bibby is always good, and Smith and Williams, which have had some injuries already, will bounce back

However, its still early. I'm rooting for them though. seems like a fun team to watch
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21413
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:13 pm
Expect things to get back to the usual, with Atlanta losing more and San Antonio winning more
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3244
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:29 am
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:33 pm
just went down by a point to the Celtics. Johnson is playing out of his mind atm
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:01 am
I wish they televised that Celtics/Hawks game. By the looks of the box score and recap, it was a good game going neck and neck all game long.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Moderator
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:21 pm
Poster Credit: 21
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:30 pm
PREDICTION 11: Mike Dunleavy will be the first coach fired in the NBA Its him or Baron, and they're sticking with Baron.
Next

Return to NBA Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron