Can Zeke Sink Any Lower?

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 am
Im sure most of you have seen these reports of a suicide attempt at Isiah Thomas's house, I was going to post a topic about it earlier in the week but couldnt be bothered.

But seeing a new report about it today, I wanted to see what you guys though about it all.

If you havnt seen much about it, here are some of the key points =

1 - The police responded to a 911 call regarding "someone" who had passed out.

2 - When they arrive, they find a 47 year old (funniliy enough, the same age as Isiah) male passed out, not breathing.

3 - The administer CPR and he is taken to hospital, during all of this the police are handed a bottle of sleeping pills, and it is confirmed as an overdose.

4 - Later on, Isiah releases a statement, saying that it was his tennage daughter who had OD'd and not him.

5 - Police officers, whilst bound to not revealing the persons name, simply state that they can tell the difference between a 47 year old man and a teenage girl!

I just cant believe that Isiah would try to pin it on his daughter like that???

I mean, if hes low and realises how everyone thinks hes a joke, and decided to OD, then just admit it or at best say nothing!!! because then, you may get the sympathy vote...............but blaming it on your DAUGHTER! when you know that the Police arent going to allow you to make them look like liars...........its just baffling, and sinks him to an all time, and very different low in my opinion.

Have a look for yourselves guys and see what you think =

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3669554

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3663455

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3662310

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:53 am
i dont get the negativity

hes had some rough times...it was bad enough that he had to resort to drugs...and yet everyone wants to kick him when hes down? im thinking his family agreed on the coverup story to salvage a bit of his reputation...nothing wrong with that
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 am
TruE SExy wrote:i dont get the negativity

hes had some rough times...it was bad enough that he had to resort to drugs...and yet everyone wants to kick him when hes down? im thinking his family agreed on the coverup story to salvage a bit of his reputation...nothing wrong with that

Really dude?..............I mean come on, putting your 17 year old daughter in that kind of situation is never a good thing.

Plus, if hed admitted it and everyone knew he was really that depressed...........then he would have probably got alot of sympathy and people would have maybe felt abit guilty about how hard they were on him.

So in a way, he had an oppoutunity to get people off his back, cuz who wants to take the piss out of a guy who nearly killed himself? but hes turned it into another joke and another controversy.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 am
bigstrads wrote:Plus, if hed admitted it and everyone knew he was really that depressed...........then he would have probably got alot of sympathy and people would have maybe felt abit guilty about how hard they were on him.

Really?. I think all he would get is the certainty that nobody is gonna sign him again... although considering what he's done, I can't see him getting another chance.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:39 am
I agree with Bigs on this one. A parent should do EVERYTHING to protect their children. I know I would lay my life down for my children. I dont buy that they all agreed to do this, but even if they did, there is NO excuse to do so. NEVER should a parent do something like this to a child. Be a f'ing MAN!!! Own up to your issues and problems.

It is disgusting to me that he threw his child under the bus.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:14 pm
bada wrote:I agree with Bigs on this one. A parent should do EVERYTHING to protect their children. I know I would lay my life down for my children. I dont buy that they all agreed to do this, but even if they did, there is NO excuse to do so. NEVER should a parent do something like this to a child. Be a f'ing MAN!!! Own up to your issues and problems.

There you go, spoken like a man who knows what we are really talking about here..............and that is the point of the title I gave this thread, and general disgust I have for the fact he has put his daughter in this position.

If she is holding it up in her personal life, imagine what all her friends and what not think? imagine how this very public story is going to stain her in the future........"Ohh, your Isiah Thomas's daughter, the one that tried to commit suicide"............nice, well done Isiah, nice work on changing peoples opinion that your not a joke, and now add to that a selfish/flawed parent. :roll:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:18 pm
It is one of my greatest worries as a parent that any of my faults and/or weeknesses somehow negatively affect my children. But to PURPOSEFULLY put it on your child is sick. No other way to look at it.
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:42 pm
bada wrote:I agree with Bigs on this one. A parent should do EVERYTHING to protect their children. I know I would lay my life down for my children. I dont buy that they all agreed to do this, but even if they did, there is NO excuse to do so. NEVER should a parent do something like this to a child. Be a f'ing MAN!!! Own up to your issues and problems.

I never said I approve of what he, allegedly, did. I was just stating a fact, and that's that teams do not sign anybody with a history of depression or anything like that.

As for the story itself, I think there's more than we know. It's gotta be, because I cannot understand how a parent can do so to one of his children. I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as saying "he used his daughter to protect himself". Although we'll probably never know.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:48 pm
TMC wrote:

I never said I approve of what he, allegedly, did. I was just stating a fact, and that's that teams do not sign anybody with a history of depression or anything like that.

As for the story itself, I think there's more than we know. It's gotta be, because I cannot understand how a parent can do so to one of his children. I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as saying "he used his daughter to protect himself". Although we'll probably never know.

That is true TMC. I am stating my opinion ASSUMING the case that bigs laid out is true. I probably should have prefaced my opion with "If this is true ....."
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:53 pm
bada wrote:
TMC wrote:

That is true TMC. I am stating my opinion ASSUMING the case that bigs laid out is true. I probably should have prefaced my opion with "If this is true ....."

Well, the documented stated chain of events is =

1 - Police called to assist a 47 year old man.
2 - A 47 year old man is taken to hospital.
3 - The next day, Thomas releases a statement saying it was his 47 year old body that was taken to hospital, it was the body of his 17 year old daughter.
4 - The police then speak out and object to his statement, saying that they can tell the difference between a 47 yeard old man, or a 17 year old girl.
5 - No further statements are issued from Thomas, ergo its left that the official line from him is that it was his daughter.........although the records show it was a 47 year old man.

Pretty simple to me, and no assumptions made, just the facts.........police records/reports/statements cant be stated as facts unless they want to be charged with slander and false representation.

They are restricted from giving the persons name but not there age and sex.........and that age/sex does not match that of Thomas's story.

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:17 pm
his wife and daughter agreed to the story...meaning that the thomas family created the whole thing to try and protect isiah from any further damage

he made a messed up decison but hes not thinking correctly...ihes obviously going through some troubled times, and i dont see the point in trying to ridicule him while hes down

Return to NBA Forum