AI TRADED

Talk about anything general in the NBA here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:03 am
Iverson to the Pistons, and nuggetts get billups and McDice!!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:07 am
I mean, i predicted a trade amongst these 2 teams, but i thought it would involve carmelo. AHH SO CLOSE in my BOLD prediction
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: -5
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am
WOW! :shock:

Thats huge................kind of weird in a way though cuz I dont think Iverson fits in with Detroits defensive/work hard mentality and Billups doesnt fit in with Denvers free wheeling/flowing offensive game.
All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:21 am
Detroit gets an offensive weapon.

Denver gets a true point guard.
Wish List

*New Owner and Management =D>
*Trade Monta
*Trade Maggette =D>
*Tank the season, get the top pick and draft Harrison Barnes
to be continued...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:23 am
It's expected, as that was the rumor for the last few days. I kinda like the trade for Detroit, as it adds a big weapon to an already declining team. They needed to energize their roster somehow.

As for Denver... they get a true PG that will help them be a more consistent team and he's gonna stay a Nugget for the next few seasons (AI is an expirer and would leave at the end of the year). McDyess is there just to make salaries work.

Works for both sides, I'd say.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:24 am
Mr.KC wrote:Detroit gets an offensive weapon.

Denver gets a true point guard.

Damn, that's what I was saying, just... faster. :mrgreen:

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am
Damnit, IMO, this makes Denver waay better than they were with AI.

Nuggets lose Najera then they replace him with McDyess. Chauncey will make Carmelo way better as well.

It makes the West even more congested.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 am
wait if AI goes to detroit then who will be the PG in detroit?

AI or Stuckey?

who is coming off the bench? stuckey AI or Rip Hamilton?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am
saintdee wrote:wait if AI goes to detroit then who will be the PG in detroit?

AI or Stuckey?

I don't think there's any doubt AI and Rip will be starters and Stuckey will come from the bench.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:31 am
saintdee wrote:wait if AI goes to detroit then who will be the PG in detroit?

AI or Stuckey?

I dont see how Curry could EVER bring Iverson or Rip off the bench..............there would be riots if he did, and you dont want a Detroit riot! :mrgreen:

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 am
thats gonna be an interesting backcourt in detroit with AI n Rip. i think we're gonna hear a lot about how curry wants AI to be more of a distributor, but we'll see Rip emerge as more of one.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:08 pm
McDyess is expected to be released immediately. So he will be a free agent

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:11 pm
Typical Joe Dumars move, hes always one step ahead of everyone else. The move was not made to just get A.I. Instead it was to get rid of the 3 years and 36 million that Billups was making, and the 2 years and 14 million left for McDyess. Also He must feel that Stuckey is ready to take over at the Point once Iverson is gone next year. The move also frees up time the young guys that Detroit has such as Amir Johnson, whose going to be a stud but has yet to show it because Detroit was rolling with their Vets, and playing Mcdyess over him.

Good trade for both sides. Denver got the true PG it needed in Billups and a serviceable back up big to help against the bigger teams such as LA and Phoenix. While Detroit got immediate scoring with A.I. also it gives them a chance to play more talented younger guys, I.E. Stuckey, Afflalo, and Johnson. If those young guys develop quickly, then this will be a great trade for Dumars because it frees up their cap and playing time for the Kids.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:19 pm
BDIDDY707 wrote:Typical Joe Dumars move, hes always one step ahead of everyone else. The move was not made to just get A.I. Instead it was to get rid of the 3 years and 36 million that Billups was making, and the 2 years and 14 million left for McDyess. Also He must feel that Stuckey is ready to take over at the Point once Iverson is gone next year. The move also frees up time the young guys that Detroit has such as Amir Johnson, whose going to be a stud but has yet to show it because Detroit was rolling with their Vets, and playing Mcdyess over him.

Good trade for both sides. Denver got the true PG it needed in Billups and a serviceable back up big to help against the bigger teams such as LA and Phoenix. While Detroit got immediate scoring with A.I. also it gives them a chance to play more talented younger guys, I.E. Stuckey, Afflalo, and Johnson. If those young guys develop quickly, then this will be a great trade for Dumars because it frees up their cap and playing time for the Kids.

Dont forget my boy, the Paul/Chandler oop stopper.........Jason Maxiell!.............who I think has more upside and potential than Amir Johnson.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:22 pm
Mr. Crackerz wrote:McDyess is expected to be released immediately. So he will be a free agent

that would be stupid of the nuggets being that both of their starting big men are injury proned and other than the birdman coming off the bench as a legit backup they would be left with steven hunter as an option.
"the victorious warrior wins first, and then goes to war; the defeated warrior goes to war first, and hopes to win."- The Art of War

Next

Return to NBA Forum